Props to Vic Carrucci

- Correctly reported before anyone else that we won't exercise Watkins 5th year option.

- Correctly reported before anyone else that entire scouting department getting canned.

- Correctly reported that Whaley is out before it happened.

- Correctly predicted Bills looking to trade down.

When's the last time Sully, Bucky, Brown, or Rodak broke a real story?

Just giving props where it's due. Glad we knew about all of those stories before they evolved.

- Correctly reported before anyone else that we won't exercise Watkins 5th year option.

- Correctly reported before anyone else that entire scouting department getting canned.

Just giving props where it's due. Glad we knew about all of those stories before they evolved.

Why did it matter that this was reported before it happened? Seems rather irrelevant to me.

Why did it matter that this was reported before it happened? Seems rather irrelevant to me.

It shows he:

1) Works at his craft

2) Gives a damn about his job

3) Is plugged in

The other chuckleheads mentioned let others do the work and just pile on. And in Sullivan's case just look for a bowl of Cheerios to p*ss in.

It doesn't, really. When hacks like Jason LaCanfora are constantly tweeting speculative "facts" on the regular, however, it is refreshing to see a guy like Carrucci get it right a few times.

Whatever. He still gets plenty wrong. Let's see if his "source" is still employed by the Bills. Maybe it was Whaley himself, knowing he was out the door. Either way, it really doesn't matter.

Remember when we thought the leaks had stopped? Pepperidge Farm remembers

leaks will never stop. I think this the Pegs and his team finding someone at the News that they feel like will give them a fair shake. Why would they ever go out of their way to help, Timmy, Jerry or Bucky. In fact the more they feed vic the higher is profile and the less important the other three become.

put it this way if you know an agent, player, attorney or a friend of any will leak something you might as well put it out there yourself and build some relationships.

It doesn't, really. When hacks like Jason LaCanfora are constantly tweeting speculative "facts" on the regular, however, it is refreshing to see a guy like Carrucci get it right a few times.

he only gets it right because he has access.

Whatever. He still gets plenty wrong. Let's see if his "source" is still employed by the Bills. Maybe it was Whaley himself, knowing he was out the door. Either way, it really doesn't matt

divide and conquer , feed Vic shut out the other haters. It is good strategy

It's not Sully's job to break any stories, he is there to provide takes.

But yes, much congrats to Vic for his most credible info and intel.

It's not Sully's job to break any stories, he is there to provide takes.

Sully's job is to be a clown in a dunk tank getting suckers to waste money throwing balls at target and rejoicing when they hit it when whole purpose is just get sucker to give up money.

Sully is an embarrassment to all reporters anywhere.

This is semantics but he is a columnist, not a reporter. That is where people miss the mark with him. Ignore him, if you don't like him. He's looking for clicks, plain and simple. He's paid to give opinions and hot takes. He doesn't care about "reporting" facts.

Remember when he tweeted Tyrod was getting ready for an "exit strategy" shortly after week 17, only for him to correct himself after a few hours when he tweeted again that Tyrod pulled him aside just to say he's not trying to leave?

Also, I'm pretty sure he also said Tyrod would definitely NOT take a paycut because other sucky teams that needed Qbs like Cleveland and Chicago had ample cap space.

The scout saying we're all getting fired via PFT seemed like that first source of info, IIRC. The other 3 listed are rather vague, simple predictions that were circulating for a while IMO, so I'll continue to have an unimpressed view.

I'm not trying to make this post seem as combative or critical at all. I do like Vic far more than the rest of the listed TBN writers, but again, nothing too exclusive or surprising in my mind from what's listed.

Edited by JimKellyTryouts

This is semantics but he is a columnist, not a reporter. That is where people miss the mark with him. Ignore him, if you don't like him. He's looking for clicks, plain and simple. He's paid to give opinions and hot takes. He doesn't care about "reporting" facts.

Not disagreeing, but if he has no obligation to "facts," why give him, or Gleason for that matter, access to ask questions at press conferences. He and Bucky are routinely the most inane voices in the room. They push their narrative then write their opinions on it.

And the whole "Power Take" crap only perpetuates this with all of the writers, not just those two. They should call them TBN sports department's incomplete and incoherent thoughts.

We're unfortunately in an age where they're increasing output to meet the demands of a 24 hour news cycle at the expense of worthwhile and readable content. Part of the reason jw is able to maintain his integrity, IMO, aside from the fact that it's obviously important to him, is that he's not expected to churn out 3-4 worthless 6 sentence snippets per day on the same thing.

In the end what's compromised the most by this is the quality of what used to be the 1-2 well thought out, well researched, and well written articles per week from guys like VC, TG and other true sports "reporters" that we used to get before this madness was the norm. It's why Tyler Dunn was such a breath of fresh air.

Edited by transient

I've been very critical of Vic in recent years but he's been killing it lately. Kudos to him.

I think it matters because it's real reporting with *apparently* real sources. It is, in a word, journalism. Something that does not happen much anymore as most just hot take and retweet with their adgenda.

One of the last of a dying breed, as the world evolves into propoganda and lies. You can't trust the media these days, so if there is someone I can believe, it's a big deal in my opinion.

He claims to be a columnist only but he goes to press conferences and such is a reporter even if he does not want to be as accountable as reporters are supposed to be.

He also reported the "playoffs in 2016 or you're fired" idea... which, whether he had the story right or was just spitballing, he got right.

I don't believe the season started with that ultimatum. I think firing Rex became a thing when the team kept screwing up later in the season.

I've been very critical of Vic in recent years but he's been killing it lately. Kudos to him.

Me too. Gotta tip the hat to Vic.

I liked Vic well enough during his first stay in Buffalo. But when he returned, he turned me off. He seemed uninformed, and a little Sullyesque in his reporting.

So - I must admit - I didn't fully notice his recent hot streak. Hope it continues.

It shows he:

1) Works at his craft

2) Gives a damn about his job

3) Is plugged in

The other chuckleheads mentioned let others do the work and just pile on. And in Sullivan's case just look for a bowl of Cheerios to p*ss in.

Sullivan is a columnist , not a beat reporter. I'm not a fan of Sully's omnipresent negativity, but there is a difference between the two.

Remember when we thought the leaks had stopped? Pepperidge Farm remembers

The leak by OBD to CBS Sports that Rex would be fired if they got whipped by the Steelers in a day or so was an all-time classic.

I liked Vic well enough during his first stay in Buffalo. But when he returned, he turned me off. He seemed uninformed, and a little Sullyesque in his reporting.

So - I must admit - I didn't fully notice his recent hot streak. Hope it continues.

I'm in this camp, as well. He was my favorite writer covering the Bills and I was sad to see him go to Cleveland to cover the Brownies. Then he came back and something changed. It's like TBN told him to be edgier and more douchey or something to conform with the new "hot take" world that we live in now. I will say that I do enjoy listening to him way more on Sirius/XM NFL Radio than I do reading his articles on the Bills.

leaks will never stop. I think this the Pegs and his team finding someone at the News that they feel like will give them a fair shake. Why would they ever go out of their way to help, Timmy, Jerry or Bucky. In fact the more they feed vic the higher is profile and the less important the other three become.

put it this way if you know an agent, player, attorney or a friend of any will leak something you might as well put it out there yourself and build some relationships.

he only gets it right because he has access.

divide and conquer , feed Vic shut out the other haters. It is good strategy

I agree with all of this. The book he helped complete with, and About Wade Phillips say a lot about his character and him being respected.

If you are going pick your media feed. This is the right choice.

I was going add this sentiment as well. But you summed up my opinions. :thumbsup:

If there had been a "playoffs or bust" ultimatum, they would have been fired when the Bills were eliminated from the playoffs, which was several weeks before the season ended.

I like Vic more than the columnists, but it does seem like he's reached more and been more inaccurate since he returned. More a symptom of the 24 hour news, have to tweet mentality of his industry.

I miss Mark Gaughan.

Good scoops from Vic, but I've since unfollowed and stopped reading him since the Owens hall of fame fiasco. Still can't wrap my mind around his reasoning on that one. Good to see he's working hard digging these stories though.