Most hated teams

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of Bills fans popped up here in NE in the early 90s. When your a young teen you tend to gravitate towards winning teams especially when the home isnt vety good. So its not surprising the Pats have a pretty big following outside of NE. They have been one of the top dogs for over 20 years now.

you admire cheating? Interesting...

Patriots are probably one of the most scrutinized teams in the league so getting caught and then being made an example of goes with the territory.

Tom Brady paid dearly for the latest incident IMO and still came out after the suspension and did what he always does,

Myself personally, no I don't admire cheating,

What I do admire is the best QB that has ever played the game in my humble opinion and I wish we had one like him.

...if the best we can do is solely attribute cheating to all of 5 SB's and 14 AFCE titles, we'll never get it right......a convenient crutch.......get over it.....

A lot of Bills fans popped up here in NE in the early 90s. When your a young teen you tend to gravitate towards winning teams especially when the home isnt vety good. So its not surprising the Pats have a pretty big following outside of NE. They have been one of the top dogs for over 20 years now.

...remember when the Patsies got mauled by da Bears in the 1985 SB?......46-10 with Grogan at the helm..ugly Pats lore....look at the Bills-Fins rivalry....1970's-Miami 20-0; 1980's-Miami 11-9; 1990's-BILLS 15-9; 2000's-tied 10-10; .Pats are just a top to bottom well oiled machine....wait......Fins prolly cheated in the '70's.................

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Because I have no reason to believe that James Comey, the director of the FBI, posts here, I'll post for him:

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/politics/james-comey-admits-under-oath-he-hates-new-england-patriots

Would have been better if his reason for hating the Patriots was that they have a history of cheating, but when the Director of the F'n FBI testifies under oath to Congress that he hates the Patriots, I'll take it.

Is this a great country or what?

Edited by ICanSleepWhenI'mDead

NFL teams only. How you been doing Mark? Good seeing you.

Thanks, Ice bowl 67. It's good to see you again as well.

I'll be in Philadelphia for the draft. Always a fun time.

Now for the topic at hand.

Teams I hate:

Patriots*: Cheaters. What more explanation do I need.

Cowboys: Everyone is supposed to hate them, it's an unwritten rule in the NFL. But at least they're not cheaters.

Raiders: Maybe it's because of their famed "anti-hero" history, and that they've won Super Bowls because of it. But it's probably the attitude of the fans. Not all of the fans, but there are some that are really annoying.

Dolphins: Ancient rivalry.

Teams I like:

Chargers: Grew up watching the Coryell/Fouts era. They were fun to watch. Nothing to really dislike them for.

Lions: Barry Sanders has a lot to do with this. Also because they were the team that always played the first game on Thanksgiving, and I cheered for them all the time on that holiday.

Rams: As a kid I thought they had the coolest uniforms, and I had no real reason to dislike them.

Anyone my age who lived through the 70's will tell you the Fish are the most hated team. My daughter once refused to date a guy just because he was a Fish fan. A very proud moment for me.

Agreed...I was never able to let go of my " dislike " for the fish......they will always be my #1 enemy...

I hate the Jets the most, then the Colts, then the Dolphins and then the Patriots (I have a grudging respect that reduces my hate). After that I hate them Cowboys.... and for a reason I've never quite figured out the Eagles.

Teams I quite like:

The Saints (love Drew Brees)

The Falcons

The Raiders

The Ravens

http://i.imgur.com/Pk4JdG2.png

Edited to a link because it has curse words in the comic, but I find it fairly funny, and a good explanation for why we hate random teams haha.

Edited by What a Tuel

Besides the obvious choices of the Pats, Jets, and Dolphins I'm surprised no one mentioned Tampa here. I know there's not that much history between us and the Bucs but the Bills have only won one game there. The 1982 loss was demoralizing at the end of the season. Plus it was the host to Super Bowl 25.

I personally can't stand the Titans. But it was more when Bud Adams flipped the fans off versus the Music City Miracle. Their win in 2015 against them put me in a good mood that whole week.

The Cowboys - Fans all over the country that could not point out Dallas on a map. All those that are Cowboy fans because Dad liked, the Bills, or the Redskins, the Eagles, or whomever, because they were little punk teenagers that grew into a**hole adults. Those that root for them when they are winning, for some other team when they are winning, I have deep dislike for those people.

The Jets - No real lucid reason, I just hate them.

The Steelers - Mostly for the same reason I hate the Cowboys. Except Steeler fans tend to be bigger jerks.

My hate of the Patriots leaves no room for any other team.

I also like and follow:

Packers- have enjoyed watching them starting with Erie County's own Don "The Magic Man" Majikowski, to Favre and now Aaron Rodgers. I also like them being the only community owned team.

Saints- have enjoyed watching Brees and their high powered offense

Raiders- live in Northern California and because they're the Raiders

Besides the obvious choices of the Pats, Jets, and Dolphins I'm surprised no one mentioned Tampa here. I know there's not that much history between us and the Bucs but the Bills have only won one game there. The 1982 loss was demoralizing at the end of the season. Plus it was the host to Super Bowl 25.

I personally can't stand the Titans. But it was more when Bud Adams flipped the fans off versus the Music City Miracle. Their win in 2015 against them put me in a good mood that whole week.

Tampa?

For those reasons? And you're surprised nobody else mentioned?

I forgot they were even in the league.

Any team that has beaten the Bills in the playoffs in my lifetime, and the Chiefs for that weirdo 33-6 butt wiping on Monday night in like 1992. There are some interesting teams on that list...Browns, Bengals, and none other than the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Is any team more widely, deeply and thoroughly hated than the Cowboys?

I can't believe they aren't on every Bills fan's list. They are easily the most hated, for me.

I think a lot of fans like to pick the Dolphins to show how "old school" they are.

I hate all the division rivals, obviously. But the Cowboys I hated even before they beat up on the Bills in the Super Bowls. All the "America's Team" nonsense. The way they are promoted by the league on television. The insufferable religious nonsense promoted during the Landry Era. The Texas attitude. Jerry Jones and Jimmy Johnson...I have loathed everything about them for decades (unlike the Johnny come lately Patriots).

I can't believe they aren't on every Bills fan's list. They are easily the most hated, for me.

I think a lot of fans like to pick the Dolphins to show how "old school" they are.

I hate all the division rivals, obviously. But the Cowboys I hated even before they beat up on the Bills in the Super Bowls. All the "America's Team" nonsense. The way they are promoted by the league on television. The insufferable religious nonsense promoted during the Landry Era. The Texas attitude. Jerry Jones and Jimmy Johnson...I have loathed everything about them for decades (unlike the Johnny come lately Patriots).

well said

The Jets - No real lucid reason, I just hate them.

Not meant to have a reason, everybody hates them.

Don't worry, Jets have no fanbase:

http://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-fan-map-2014-9

"The Jets don't have a plurality of fans in any county, sadly."

Oh... Our "secret weapon"... S.Ontario and big population numbers.

Like:

(1) Bills, not even close, obviously. others I like to watch depends on their players etc. Currently:

(1) Steelers (I live in PIT, and they provide an annual team to root for in the Playoffs. Plus, watching Bell and Brown is pretty awesome).

(2) Raiders. Love Carr. That team reminds me of the early 90's Bills for some reason.

(3) Saints. Mostly because of Brees.

(4) Falcons. Mostly because they should have beaten the Pats, but I like ATL. Cool city.

(5) Packers: I guess because they are always on, and I like Nelson and Hyde--oh, he's on the Bills now, sweet.

Hate:

(1) Pats**. No other professional team cheats as much as them, whines as much as them, and is as smug as them.

(2) Dolphins. Obvious reasons. Inter-divisional rival. Squish the Fish.

(3) JETS. This could be #2, depending on the season. Annoying fans, great logo, but annoying fans. So freaking annoying.

(4) Ravens. Great team, but living in Pgh, you end up hating them. Plus, they are the Browns. Imagine if the Bills left. We'd hate the new team. So that's another good reason to hate on them.

The Steelers.

The entire city of Pittsburgh.

I hope that is the other team and city you like:)

Any team that has beaten the Bills in the playoffs in my lifetime, and the Chiefs for that weirdo 33-6 butt wiping on Monday night in like 1992. There are some interesting teams on that list...Browns, Bengals, and none other than the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Oh, Jacksonville. Must add due to Dougie!