Bills Announce Whaley to Lead the Head Coaching Search

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agree...Whaley needs to live or die with his hire....I like Whaley but I like having the Bills be a consistently winning football team more..if his hire doesn't hack it then he needs to go

It really is as simple as that.

Note to Doug: Don't hire a coach who demands you pick his son's frat brother in the first round.

It really is as simple as that.

Note to Doug: Don't hire a coach who demands you pick his son's frat brother in the first round.

You have made it clear that you hate Shaq, but I have a good feeling that reverting back to a 4-3 will have everyone happy we made the pick.. a full offseason and only having to worry about playing one position will make all the difference in the world.

If this is true, and I say IF, it will be the first time Whaley has hired a coach. This is what was needed. Give Whaley that control and if we flop then there is no one to blame, but him. Now he is a legit GM.

Does this mean the next HC will report to Whaley?

I would not see that as a Bad Thing. Give Whaley the keys and see if he drives the bus to the top of the mountain, or off the cliff.

Yep, I agree. Lets see what he can do. There is no speculation this time. He is leading the search.

Edited by Perk71

How do we know that? Whaley liked Rex. At least that's what they all told us several times.

I'd say it's hard to say...I mean I can like someone after the fact but that doesn't mean they would've been my 1st choice. If Whaley didn't have final say on Rex, what does he have to gain by going out and publicly criticizing the hire? Nothing.

Whaley i will help you.

Hire Matt Patricia

And Doug can learn from him how a successful organization is run. Accountability, confidentiality, and results-driven. How to game plan for an opponent, and how to manage a game. If he does these things as he learned from Bill, we could be in business.

Edited by dneveu

I'd say it's hard to say...I mean I can like someone after the fact but that doesn't mean they would've been my 1st choice. If Whaley didn't have final say on Rex, what does he have to gain by going out and publicly criticizing the hire? Nothing.

Agree with everything you posted. It's hilarious the hate Whaley gets. He put together the pieces for a #4 overall defense.

Without a franchise qb, he put together a flawed but pretty productive offense. Let him hire his own coach and then he sinks or swims with him.

Agree with everything you posted. It's hilarious the hate Whaley gets. He put together the pieces for a #4 overall defense.

Without a franchise qb, he put together a flawed but pretty productive offense. Let him hire his own coach and then he sinks or swims with him.

That defense was #2 according to FO, which is a much better measure. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef2014

Edited by dave mcbride

That defense was #2 according to FO, which is a much better measure. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef2014

That defense was amazing. It's hilarious how some people tried to put it down to boost up Rex.

I hate coaches losing jobs because it means your team failed. But Rex was given as good of pieces as any recent Bills coach.

I'm really interested in seeing who Whaley gets. I think he is a very good young GM. Now, he needs to prove it by making a great hire. What's up David Shaw?

I never recall reading two years ago that Whaley was not part of team selecting coach or was not all in on Rex.

Where is this revisionist history coming from?

P.S. You got what you wanted Doug. I fear you are going to either hire someone who is not in demand and beholden to you or you are going to have the influence/power you think you have SUBSTANTIALLY diminished to attract anyone of note.

That defense was amazing. It's hilarious how some people tried to put it down to boost up Rex.

I hate coaches losing jobs because it means your team failed. But Rex was given as good of pieces as any recent Bills coach.

I'm really interested in seeing who Whaley gets. I think he is a very good young GM. Now, he needs to prove it by making a great hire. What's up David Shaw?

I'd be excited to see Shaw but everything I've read from him indicates that he has no desire to leave the college ranks.

I never recall reading two years ago that Whaley was not part of team selecting coach or was not all in on Rex.

Where is this revisionist history coming from?

P.S. You got what you wanted Doug. I fear you are going to either hire someone who is not in demand and beholden to you or you are going to have the influence/power you think you have SUBSTANTIALLY diminished to attract anyone of note.

The rumors were that Whaley wanted Hue Jackson as head coach and Schwartz retained to run the D.