We Should Pick Up the Option on Tyrod No Matter What

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Tired of seeing things like this on a weekly basis.

@TyDunne

Tyrod Taylor had Marquise Goodwin wide, wide, WIDE open for a 73-yard touchdown on a post route there. Didn't see him. Scrambled.

Tyrod Taylor misses an open Sammy Watkins up the right sideline. Could've been a TD.

Wow. Looking forward to seeing the video.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep Tyrod. Keep Gilmore. People forget how awful it is going through a rebuild. Bills just got done getting rid of the last of Jauron's players. They'll be doing it next year with Gailey, Marrone, and Ryan personnel.

They lost to a conference contender on a west coast road trip with a decimated roster. The best defenses hate to play us. Bills are desperate for another offensive threat, and they're something special.

4 rivals, 3 at home, chance to go 10-6. Play a complete season. Love football or go home.

Keep Tyrod. Keep Gilmore. People forget how awful it is going through a rebuild. Bills just got done getting rid of the last of Jauron's players. They'll be doing it next year with Gailey, Marrone, and Ryan personnel.

They lost to a conference contender on a west coast road trip with a decimated roster. The best defenses hate to play us. Bills are desperate for another offensive threat, and they're something special.

4 rivals, 3 at home, chance to go 10-6. Play a complete season. Love football or go home.

Will always love it, but an honest look at where you stand with regard to the most critical position in the NFL is in order.

in favor of what....its easy to throw stones, but whats your proposed solution? And just calling Tyrod "The 29th ranked QB" in your snide way does not tell the entire story of what he does/brings to the team

So what is your solution at QB, draft and pray? overpay an aged, not very much of an upgrade vet? (And this comes from someone who is also critical of Tyrod)

Dude, Cardale has SO much upside... We were fortunate to grab him when we did... Put him out there... This kid is a winner.

Tyron is a good #2 or back up ! If the guy has it he does what Brady did when given the chance .

Tyron has had 2 years in the same O & still can't get it done when the game is on the line !

But making Rex see that could be very hard !!

I might be the only guy who knows what it's like to be looking over your shoulder wondering if that mistake will lead to your benching. Believe it or not most players play better when they know they have margin to make errors.

Tyrod is the unquestioned leader of our team. Tyrod is the best athlete we have at QB. Tyrod is the best QB on the team. The issue I have with drafting a QB in 2017 is that it will inevitably, no matter what round send a message to Tyrod to look over your shoulder.

For that reason alone, I am advocating the Bills bring in a competent backup, to compete against Cardale and the #1 spot. If there is someone we like in the draft I say take a shot. But understand from Tyrod's perspective every play could be his last. He could play even more cautious with that in mind.

Given the likelihood of the above scenario if we stay on our current course, I'd like to see Rex take off Tyrod's training wheels these last 5 weeks. Why not try something radical? Tyrod needs to play better. That's it. Tyrod needs to play better. It doesn't matter that he is not a complete QB at this point.

If we are being honest, the Bills will only go as far as their QB can take them. If we remain a 175 yard a game passing team we are a 9-7 team looking outside thru the playoff window. Our running game can only be so good. Tyrod Taylor has shown an ability to improvise and make something out of a busted play.

With that in mind, I'd like to see the Bills do two things: #1 Implement a no huddle offense, #2 in that no huddle cut the playbook down to 10 plays. Simplifying the offense would allow Tyrod at times to run his own plays and give our offense another dimension to tire out the opposing defense. We heard Thurman talk about this earlier in the year. It's not how many plays, it's how well they are executed and the talent executing them. We have talent. What we need is a coaching staff willing to self assess and take a risk, and take a shot at making the playoffs.

Too funny, how does the kool-aide taste?

They showed the Sammy play on replay. That was the one where Tyrod locked in left and then threw it like 30 yards over 'quises head through the end zone. Sammy was 10 yards past his defender with no one left to beat.

You can see plays like that throughout every game with TT...It's really par for the course with him...He's the best scrambling QB in the NFL...But that's all he really is...And the bigger the moment, the more he wilts... B-)

All you guys saying we need to cut TT after this year, answer me this: who in gods name will take over this passing offense which has been worst in the league through 28 games? Huh? Nuff said.

So if it's the worst in the league it can't get worse right? I think Brian Hoyer might but he a decent option as a cheap stop gap for a year. It beats pays my Tyrod $16mil to watch him struggle to get 175 passing yards.

Edited by Bangarang

All you guys saying we need to cut TT after this year, answer me this: who in gods name will take over this passing offense which has been worst in the league through 28 games? Huh? Nuff said.

Fair point. It will be a lot pressure for the next guy. Tough shoes to fill. 31 other teams have a chance to be the worst as well. Just hope our guy is ready for the challenge and prepared to give up on 2-3 routes per passing down.

Absolutely not!

This is just a little bit yikes.

Per PFF, Tyrod was 4/15, 58 yards, INT under pressure. 4 sacks, 26.7% completion rate, 15.4 passer rating.

so then, 14/20 , zero interceptions when NOT under pressure (like Carr enjoyed all day).

FIX the O-line.

To me, this one statement can sum up yesterday: Tyrod was not the *sole* reason the BILLS lost yesterday, but he was the veritable cause for *NOT* winning.

In other words, yes the Defense lost their bite, but as with the Jets game, they stayed on the field too long and it was known ahead of time the BILLS needed to keep their Offense on the field and eat the clock. They didn't do that well in the 1st half, but they did execute the plan to avoid giving up big plays and allow the Offense an opportunity to work. Once they scored 2 quick TDs, it's as if they just let up and Tyrod failed to execute the plan accordingly, IMHO.

so then, 14/20 , zero interceptions when NOT under pressure (like Carr enjoyed all day).

FIX the O-line.

He's be under pressure less if he could get the ball out. On the INT there was a quick hitter over the middle to Sammy that he ignored as he held the ball for 5 seconds. Not all pressures are equal. If a QB who could read the defense and deliver on time played behind our line they would hardly be pressured at all.

He's be under pressure less if he could get the ball out. On the INT there was a quick hitter over the middle to Sammy that he ignored as he held the ball for 5 seconds. Not all pressures are equal. If a QB who could read the defense and deliver on time played behind our line they would hardly be pressured at all.

Yep

Hitch on a 3 step drop always going to be an issue

To me it would make absolutely no sense to not pick up the option on Tyrod. Okay, if Brees or Rivers were available and willing to come here, then yes buh bye Tyrod, nice knowing ya. But let's be serious. I seriously think their is about a 1% chance that happens. Please do not bring up Romo, who was never quite on that tier and has had continuous serious injuries over the last few years. Let Tyrod walk to watch Romo get injured in game 1 and retire? I don't think so.

If we are going to replace Tyrod, where is that replacement going to come from? The draft is where you are going to find your guy. I think we should definitely be drafting more QB's but that doesn't mean they have to start right away. Yes if we are going QB in the top ten, I am a believer you should be going with that guy from day one, but we have learned with players like Kirk Cousins, Russell Wilson and Dak Prescott, that you don't have to get your QB in round one. That said two of those guys started as rookies and have be great thus far. I think you re-up Tyrod and put more a an emphasis on drafting QB's and if one can beat Tyrod out that is great. If Tyrod can elevate his play and solidify his position as a starter, that is great.

Tyrod's contract is very low for a QB and if we were to draft somebody who panned out, Tyrod's contract would run out before we had to pay the new guy. Tyrod's extension will have no bearing on our ability to keep another QB should we find one that we think can be great. Even if Tyrod regresses and we want to cut him, his dead cap space is extremely low and would have little affect on the roster. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/tyrod-taylor-7899/

I know we have statistically, the worst passing game in the NFL. I wish we could have what we had with the K-Gun in the 90's but that isn't happening unless we draft someone who is really good. So we aren't going to have that great passing game just yet but we do have the best running game in the NFL both by yards and yards per carry. I do like that we are going against the grain and doing the exact opposite of what everyone else is doing. I also don't think we have peaked yet as an offense and we won't this season. I think if we improve the RT position, be savvy in free agency and add some useful veteran receivers, and give Anthonly Lynn an off-season to fine tune the offense. We could be very good next season.

You are out of your %$#@*&% mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I might be the only guy who knows what it's like to be looking over your shoulder wondering if that mistake will lead to your benching. Believe it or not most players play better when they know they have margin to make errors.

Tyrod is the unquestioned leader of our team. Tyrod is the best athlete we have at QB. Tyrod is the best QB on the team. The issue I have with drafting a QB in 2017 is that it will inevitably, no matter what round send a message to Tyrod to look over your shoulder.

For that reason alone, I am advocating the Bills bring in a competent backup, to compete against Cardale and the #1 spot. If there is someone we like in the draft I say take a shot. But understand from Tyrod's perspective every play could be his last. He could play even more cautious with that in mind.

Given the likelihood of the above scenario if we stay on our current course, I'd like to see Rex take off Tyrod's training wheels these last 5 weeks. Why not try something radical? Tyrod needs to play better. That's it. Tyrod needs to play better. It doesn't matter that he is not a complete QB at this point.

If we are being honest, the Bills will only go as far as their QB can take them. If we remain a 175 yard a game passing team we are a 9-7 team looking outside thru the playoff window. Our running game can only be so good. Tyrod Taylor has shown an ability to improvise and make something out of a busted play.

With that in mind, I'd like to see the Bills do two things: #1 Implement a no huddle offense, #2 in that no huddle cut the playbook down to 10 plays. Simplifying the offense would allow Tyrod at times to run his own plays and give our offense another dimension to tire out the opposing defense. We heard Thurman talk about this earlier in the year. It's not how many plays, it's how well they are executed and the talent executing them. We have talent. What we need is a coaching staff willing to self assess and take a risk, and take a shot at making the playoffs.

He doesn't process the game fast enough! He is a great athlete who is NOT a QB and cannot consistently take advantage of the passing rules

Run Fitz outta town...

Run EJ outta town, who is alot better than the geniuses on this board give him credit for...

Now run Tyrod?

No, thats bullcrap. We gotta keep Tyrod. Not at his current contract. He should get about 11 million.

They gotta NOT pick up the option, no one is gonna offer him much, and renegotiate him for a reasonable amount.

You can't bring him back... at least not at that number. Sure he'll only be paid in the middle to lower end of starting QBs, but if the option is there to get a Hoyer or some other capable journeyman 1/3 the cost, you're better off spending the money elsewhere (CB, Safety, OL, WR). We are not a playoff caliber team with Tyrod at the helm, and the drop off isn't significant enough from him to journeyman QB "X", to justify not spending the money at some other position of need.

His legs are an absolute asset, and if he could learn to throw first, run second, he could be devastating. I don't blame the line because you watch him go through the progression, and then decide to run when the pocket collapses. If they're giving him enough time to see 4 receivers, it's on him to identify the best target and fire. If after 6 years in the league he hasn't developed any sort of quick twitch decision making (outside of tuck it and run), he's not going to at this point. If Cardale isn't at a point where he's rosterable by week 14, I'm afraid we know where that one's going too.

On the INT - he was attempting to go low risk by throwing it up for goodwin in 1x1 coverage. That was one of my few like non-gripes in the 2nd half. Obviously the results were bad, but if its complete its probably a TD.

On the INT - he was attempting to go low risk by throwing it up for goodwin in 1x1 coverage. That was one of my few like non-gripes in the 2nd half. Obviously the results were bad, but if its complete its probably a TD.

Hitchstep a 3 step drop your are going to be late and that is going to be the result more often then not.

Taylor has $30.75 million in contract guarantees due in March. The Bills can avoid paying those only by releasing him and starting fresh at quarterback

If you were looking for Taylor to explain what went wrong Sunday, he wasn't interested in the topic after the game. When a reporter posed a reasonable question asking him to pinpoint what changed from the first to the final three quarters, Taylor responded with a curt, "Nope."

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/26751/bills-looming-30-million-guarantee-to-tyrod-taylor-becoming-riskier

http://es.pn/2h5zx0Y

Edited by MAJBobby