We Should Pick Up the Option on Tyrod No Matter What

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

You are confusing "quarterback" with "passer" and again, show little regard for the non-statistical aspects of the situation. TT is a flawed QB to be sure but if you think Hoyer is better, you haven't been paying very close attention. Good luck selling him to your veteran leadership.

And the idea of "value" is patently ridiculous. You simply can't be "satisfied" with TT at half the cap number any more than at his full cap number, which is an argument you put forth previously. It's kind of ridiculous really. His salary has absolutely jack schit to do with his performance. NOTHING AT ALL.

OK, now we're done.

No I am not. You confusing that a run first QB has ever really done anything in this league

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of the numbers really show that but ok. I think if you get a Rookie or a QB that can upgrade the passing game and use the extra cap space saved on some more pieces with the way this team is built they can get you to the playoffs (with an upgraded passing game)

You can't say "upgrade the passing game" and then throw around terms like Hoyer and rookie qb.

You can't say "upgrade the passing game" and then throw around terms like Hoyer and rookie qb.

That's the thing though man - he, and a couple others, ACTUALLY believe that hoyer and or a rookie would be an upgrade automatically over Tyrod lol

Nevermind Tyrod knows the offense, has running ability, is very very effective in the red zone, doesn't hurt his team with unnecessary turnovers, has the belief of the locker room - but yea, insert any QB and they are automatically better than Tyrod

That's the thing though man - he, and a couple others, ACTUALLY believe that hoyer and or a rookie would be an upgrade automatically over Tyrod lol

Nevermind Tyrod knows the offense, has running ability, is very very effective in the red zone, doesn't hurt his team with unnecessary turnovers, has the belief of the locker room - but yea, insert any QB and they are automatically better than Tyrod

Bc they oversimplify things.

You are confusing "quarterback" with "passer" and again, show little regard for the non-statistical aspects of the situation. TT is a flawed QB to be sure but if you think Hoyer is better, you haven't been paying very close attention. Good luck selling him to your veteran leadership.

And the idea of "value" is patently ridiculous. You simply can't be "satisfied" with TT at half the cap number any more than at his full cap number, which is an argument you put forth previously. It's kind of ridiculous really. His salary has absolutely jack schit to do with his performance. NOTHING AT ALL.

OK, now we're done.

Sure get me TT at 9M cap hit and I am very happy. See how that works.

I have. I watched all of his starts for Chicago this year back on the all 22 before I came here suggesting it. I am not just spitballing here - I have actually put some thought into it. Hoyer is not especially accurate (on short and intermediate throws they have that in common), he doesn't have the arm of Tyrod, he is less mobile (though not a statue), but he has much better touch on short and intermediate routes and the ball is usually thrown to the right receiver as dictated by the coverage.

I do believe that he would put up about the same number of yards in this offense as TT but they'd all be pass yards rather than pass / rush split, he'd put up slightly more touchdowns and more picks. Overall, a slight downgrade, but you wouldn't be tied to him and you would have money spare to really sure up around him the weaker areas of this roster. Most good teams hide the weaknesses through their Quarterback... but we can't because we have a complimentary piece Quarterback not someone who goes out often and takes over games. If this was a discussion about most modern NFL teams I would not advocate getting worse, even a little bit, at Quarterback to shore up other areas. But we are not conventional as a team as the TT fans love to say. Therefore conventional logic can be challenged here too.

But the response here is predictable. It is attack, ridicule and dismiss anyone who presents an alternative.

I've done the work here, I have not just flamed away and claimed Tyrod stinks or start EJ or start Cardale I've presented over a couple of posts a coherent argument and a coherent alternative. It is fine for people to say "okay, I still prefer Tyrod to that" - as FadingPain did - fair enough. But from the majority that isn't the response. The response is attack, ridicule and dismiss. Frankly it does a disservice to this board, and I can understand why people think as a result that there exists a Taylor cult.

I appreciate the insight and analysis. I will disagree and leave it at that.

As to the bold text, I'm not attempting to attack and ridicule anyone. Especially those who think TT isn't the answer. I've long been on record that he is a seriously flawed QB. But every suggestion I've seen in this and other threads for his replacement and where it might come from is ludicrous; just not steeped in reality. Especially when it comes to the other, just as important as passing, aspects of the position and their unique importance to this team at the moment. The disregard for these elements contradicts the idea that these suggestions have been well thought out.

ICYMI.

@RQUINN619

This is a must-read by @ChrisTrapasso on Tyrod's pros/cons, risk/reward style. great stuff

https://t.co/gCcMaqUqTh

Good read. 100% agree about the catching radius of our WR not invoking trust in TT to just sling it. Specifically remember the INT that TT threw to Goodwin where Goodwin didnt fight for the ball at all. TT looked pissed in the sideline and they showed him looking at the screen and you can see TTs look on his face thinking "fight for that ball. Make a play". But its not goodwins fault. Bc he doesnt have that talent level. Man there was a play where winston threw to Evans in the exact same spot as TT to goodwin and evans went throuh the DB and just snatched that ball out of the air for a TD. Winston couldve had a pick 6 on that play instead it resulted in a TD. We need Watkins.

Where did I say automatic upgrade. I said he would upgrade the passing game. And the way the offense is designed would hide his Flaws.

It is very good at hiding a flawed QB

ICYMI.

@RQUINN619

This is a must-read by @ChrisTrapasso on Tyrod's pros/cons, risk/reward style. great stuff

https://t.co/gCcMaqUqTh

Will not read and give him a click. Refuse to read anything from a "writer" that can't take criticism so he blocks me on twitter

Where did I say automatic upgrade. I said he would upgrade the passing game. And the way the offense is designed would hide his Flaws.

Will not read and give him a click. Refuse to read anything from a "writer" that can't take criticism so he blocks me on twitter

Perhaps it's your approach as opposed to the substance of what you're tweeting.

It's a no brainer to pick up his contract. The only people that don't think so are the few on this board we already know aren't smart or are trolls.

The part I object to is the "no matter what" ... there's a lot of things that we can see (or fail to see) in the last 5 games that should go into that decision. Everything from the obvious (how Tyrod plays, whether he stays healthy) to the situational (who else might reasonably become available on the QB market? Will the Bills be in "we can compete with this team and a little better injury/schedule luck, or is it time to do at least a partial rebuild?). While I've become increasingly convinced by the "keep Tyrod" arguments, it's still too soon to make a definitive call, and fortunately they don't have to make one just yet.

Good read. 100% agree about the catching radius of our WR not invoking trust in TT to just sling it. Specifically remember the INT that TT threw to Goodwin where Goodwin didnt fight for the ball at all. TT looked pissed in the sideline and they showed him looking at the screen and you can see TTs look on his face thinking "fight for that ball. Make a play". But its not goodwins fault. Bc he doesnt have that talent level. Man there was a play where winston threw to Evans in the exact same spot as TT to goodwin and evans went throuh the DB and just snatched that ball out of the air for a TD. Winston couldve had a pick 6 on that play instead it resulted in a TD. We need Watkins.

Great points. Compare Tyrod's TD throw to Hunter last week. He'll make the throw if he trusts that the WR can (and will) go get it.

Perhaps it's your approach as opposed to the substance of what you're tweeting.

Yeah I guess questioning some of his numbers deserved a block ooo well better writers to read

I am worse with the block artist Harrington and he has some thicker skin must be because never blocked there

Edited by MAJBobby

Its actually a pretty good article (I probably think so because it goes along with my opinion nearly word for word)

Tyrod is the best option for now

As for some clamorng for Cutler or Romo. Whaley isn't that dumb. He would demand not only a walker but a wheelchair in any trade for aging, injury prone, choke artists.

Just to throw a younger/healthier/cheaper name out there: Nick Foles. I know there are really good arguments against him, but i fail to see why Tyrod with his new contract is considered a clearly superior option....