We Should Pick Up the Option on Tyrod No Matter What

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its actually a pretty good article (I probably think so because it goes along with my opinion nearly word for word)

Will not give him a click

You are saying Hoyer is better than Tyrod?:s. I am not talking about money or cap issues here, just straight up who would you rather have..

I would take Tyrod but this can't be asked this way because Tyrod has a 16M cap hit attached and Hoyer max would be 5M.

So do I like Tyrod 11M in cap (2-3 starters) more? No

Wentz is booty man, he had a couple good games early this year and now the book is out, blitz him and he crumbles (just like college) and panics, throws INTs or throws right into the ground....no thanks at all

I'd rather have EJ than wentz

Wentz also never throws a pass longer than 10 yards. General Checkdown. Makes Trent look like the mad bomber.

I would take Tyrod but this can't be asked this way because Tyrod has a 16M cap hit attached and Hoyer max would be 5M.

And that's kind of my point too. I think we all agree that the Bills have to get better in 2017. I'm not a Hoyer fan, but if you can bring in a Nick Foles for that kind of money AND sign (or re-sign) another impact player you'd otherwise miss out on, you'd be crazy not to consider that option.

Your point was it's easy to find a better QB than Tyrod next year though, not about how to structure a team with contracts

Your point was it's easy to find a better QB than Tyrod next year though, not about how to structure a team with contracts

When? Everyone of my other options than TT is about the freaking option.

Objectively if the contract was not signed in the offseason would you Franchise TT based on his play?

And yes I DO want to get a better QB than this game manager

Edited by MAJBobby

​Still laughing at all these posts. TT has less than two years under his belt and is getting stoned. I love the guy and he is the only thing I can hope pulls us thru every week. Shady is number two for me. Go Bills.

6 years Pro just saying and yes it matters

Same crap we were fed about fitz.

Fitz keeps being brought up in conversation on this board as an example of "wasting our time" with TT. The comparison is absolutely laughable.

In his best seasons here, 2010-2012, he had 72 total TD's and 67 total turnovers and won 16/45 games. That's a 1.07 Total TD/Total Turnover ratio and a .356 winning %.

Tyrod has a 3.33 Total TD/Total Turnover ratio and a .560 winning %.

Granted, this Bills team is more talented top to bottom so it makes sense that TT wins more games, but the statistical production alone from the QB position between Tyrod and Fitz isn't close either.

If people can't see that then there's no hope.

When? Everyone of my other options than TT is about the freaking option.

Objectively if the contract was not signed in the offseason would you Franchise TT based on his play?

And yes I DO want to get a better QB than this game manager

But your point is, you want someone better. Ok... And you have yet to say who you can find better than Tyrod next year. If we go in with Hoyer and 2 other starters because of saving money from tyrod, you can expect our win total to drop even more

Fitz keeps being brought up in conversation on this board as an example of "wasting our time" with TT. The comparison is absolutely laughable.

In his best seasons here, 2010-2012, he had 72 total TD's and 67 total turnovers and won 16/45 games. That's a 1.07 Total TD/Total Turnover ratio and a .356 winning %.

Tyrod has a 3.33 Total TD/Total Turnover ratio and a .560 winning %.

Granted, this Bills team is more talented top to bottom so it makes sense that TT wins more games, but the statistical production alone from the QB position between Tyrod and Fitz isn't close either.

If people can't see that then there's no hope.

I agree but you can also see Fitz knee jerk extension is very similar to Tyrods because the Bills continue to look for QBs high in the draft

But your point is, you want someone better. Ok... And you have yet to say who you can find better than Tyrod next year. If we go in with Hoyer and 2 other starters because of saving money from tyrod, you can expect our win total to drop even more

I don't think it would but even if it does that puts me closer to that Franchise QB in the draft. And I have mentioned many times who I see as Franchise QBs in this draft at this point

Aren't crusades frowned upon on this forum?

Is it a crusade to add the reality that he has been in the league 6 years not 2

There is no doubt we will pick up Tyrods' option. He has improved tremendously and continues to learn. He is our Franchise QB.

Imo

He has definitely not improved since last year. He had an excellent season for a first year starter by any standard (except for Ryan and Gugny's) but I don't think there's any question he has not made progress this year and if anything has regressed.

He has definitely not improved since last year. He had an excellent season for a first year starter by any standard (except for Ryan and Gugny's) but I don't think there's any question he has not made progress this year and if anything has regressed.

Agree. I was cautiously optimistic that we have found a QB after last season. Then the extension happened (no reason too) then this year happened after he got a little money mind you regressed

Because our win total increased dramatic from Orton to Tyrod? Look, they've got till spring to make a final decision. Things change. 6 weeks ago I would have guessed Bridgewater would be available with Sam Bradford getting re-signed in MN. Now Sam Bradford is the available guy (I'll pass).

I agree but you can also see Fitz knee jerk extension is very similar to Tyrods because the Bills continue to look for QBs high in the draft

I don't think it would but even if it does that puts me closer to that Franchise QB in the draft. And I have mentioned many times who I see as Franchise QBs in this draft at this point

Is it a crusade to add the reality that he has been in the league 6 years not 2

I 100% agree that already being in the league is an advantage over a rookie even if youre not a starter. That being said there is absolutely no replicating real-game action on Sunday. Like anything else in life its not black and white. Tannehill's 40+ more GS than TT have more value than just riding the pine for example.

We could always re sign EJ on the cheap. The guy is a prototypical QB. And I ve heard he is the better QB.