We Should Pick Up the Option on Tyrod No Matter What

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

He has definitely not improved since last year. He had an excellent season for a first year starter by any standard (except for Ryan and Gugny's) but I don't think there's any question he has not made progress this year and if anything has regressed.

This. I was a fan last year. There is regression for me in his willingness to stay in and climb the pocket with a better line. Lack of confidence in receiver is possible but it has been noticeable.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This. I was a fan last year. There is regression for me in his willingness to stay in and climb the pocket with a better line. Lack of confidence in receiver is possible but it has been noticeable.

Maybe his ultra conservative play and going with his legs (what he knows) is because he is trying to not make mistakes so the Bills pick his option up.

My eyes though that in itself if a huge mistake.

When we get down 7 I just have 0 confidence this team can come back and that has a lot to do with the lack of passing ability our QB has

Edited by MAJBobby

Maybe his ultra conservative play and going with his legs (what he knows) is because he is trying to not make mistakes so the Bills pick his option up.

My eyes though that in itself if a huge mistake.

When we get down 7 I just have 0 confidence this team can come back and that has a lot to do with the lack of passing ability our QB has

I think him playing too conservatively is an honest criticism.

Where i disagree is in the motives behind his conservative play. I feel its not bc of his extension. I feel TT is a smart guy and a selfless guy. He knows where the strength of this offense lies. I also feel that he absolutely has very little trust and rapport with his WR's which is causing him to doubt making some throws instead of just reacting.

Edited by bobobonators

I agree but you can also see Fitz knee jerk extension is very similar to Tyrods because the Bills continue to look for QBs high in the draft

I don't think it would but even if it does that puts me closer to that Franchise QB in the draft. And I have mentioned many times who I see as Franchise QBs in this draft at this point

Is it a crusade to add the reality that he has been in the league 6 years not 2

Yes. It is a crusade to keep intimating that any football people in the United States outside of you, Ryan and Gugny would expect a second year starter to be as far as along in their development as an actual sixth year starter because they held a clipboard for four years. It's a preposterous notion that is insulting to everyone else's intelligence.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Cian gets me, you guys.

@Cianaf

You need to evaluate the QB independent of his supporting cast while also understanding the impact of his supporting cast on his stats.

I agree. Question is how to properly understand the impact of Sammy and/or shady when at least one of those players has been inactive in over 40% of TT's starts.

Yes. It is a crusade to keep intimating that any football people in the United States outside of you, Ryan and Gugny would expect a second year starter to be as far as along in their development as an actual sixth year starter because they held a clipboard for four years. It's a preposterous notion that is insulting to everyone else's intelligence.

Really ok. Tell me again how Aaron Rodgers looked in year 2 starting after holding the clipboard to start?

6 years into his development and still same issues he has had since college sorry that the truth hurts. All this in a NFL that makes it very easy to pass the Ball.

Really ok. Tell me again how Aaron Rodgers looked in year 2 starting after holding the clipboard to start?

6 years into his development and still same issues he has had since college sorry that the truth hurts. All this in a NFL that makes it very easy to pass the Ball.

You cant argue in extremes. You cant say yeh but look at Steve Young and Aaron Rodgers. TT isnt Rodgers. Never will be.

I agree. Question is how to properly understand the impact of Sammy and/or shady when at least one of those players has been inactive in over 40% of TT's starts.

In regards to the passing game and Sammy, the biggest difference is Tyrod's comfort level. He throws the deep ball better to Sammy than anyone else and it's little more than sheer faith.

It's a really good thing that he trusts Sammy but it's equally infuriating that he doesn't make those throws consistently elsewhere.

You cant argue in extremes. You cant say yeh but look at Steve Young and Aaron Rodgers. TT isnt Rodgers. Never will be.

Agree but you should expect progression not regression in year 2 as a starter after you have been in the league for 6 years

Ha you just compared Tyrod Taylor to a top ten all time NFL QB to try and make a point? Really?? And since you brought it up, Rodgers sat for three years, Taylor had a better season than Rodgers statistically in their respective first years as starters (and a better W-L too) and then Rodgers didn't peak until his fourth year as a starter (seventh in the league). Come on dude.

Agree but you should expect progression not regression in year 2 as a starter after you have been in the league for 6 years

I agree that he has regressed this year but I disagree with Ryan and Gugny's notion that what we see right now is necessarily as good as he'll ever be. Again, Rodgers peaked in his fourth season as a starter. Is it fair to give him a few weapons next year before passing judgment? No one could possibly argue that the Bills don't have the most depleted receiving corps in the entire NFL.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Ha you just compared Tyrod Taylor to a top ten all time NFL QB to try and make a point? Really?? And since you brought it up, Rodgers sat for three years, Taylor had a better season than Rodgers statistically in their respective first years as starters (and a better W-L too) and then Rodgers didn't peak until his fourth year as a starter (seventh in the league). Come on dude.

I agree that he has regressed this year but I disagree with Ryan and Gugny's notion that what we see right now is necessarily as good as he'll ever be. Again, Rodgers peaked in his fourth season as a starter. Is it fair to give him a few weapons next year before passing judgment? No once could possibly argue that the Bills don't have the most depleted receiving corps in the entire NFL.

I also think he is at his ceiling or very close to it and it isn't good enough

And even being depleated they were still open a ton and Taylor just doesn't throw it to them or see them but again guess that's all the WRs fault

Edited by MAJBobby

In regards to the passing game and Sammy, the biggest difference is Tyrod's comfort level. He throws the deep ball better to Sammy than anyone else and it's little more than sheer faith.

It's a really good thing that he trusts Sammy but it's equally infuriating that he doesn't make those throws consistently elsewhere.

Agreed. But if i was chucking it up to goodwin id have zero faith too unless Goodwin had 3yds on the defender.

I feel Hunter can be a possible connection. Coming off the street it takes reps to build trust and rapport. Maybe they can begin to develop thay trust going forward.

And even being depleated they were still open a ton and Taylor just doesn't throw it to them or see them but again guess that's all the WRs fault

His 1st season last year was almost identical to RG3's campaign when RG3 won rookie of the year. Lets say worst case that's his ceiling when Sammy and other WR are healthy. Ill take that for 2-3yrs all day everyday.

He's 27. A good portion of his value - way more than most QBs - comes from his mobility in keeping plays alive and ability to pick up critical yards with his legs. That's not a great profile for aging gracefully. He may (should) get better at reading defenses, but that added value will likely be offset by loss of mobility. So my best guess is that this is Peak Tyrod.

I agree that he has regressed this year but I disagree with Ryan and Gugny's notion that what we see right now is necessarily as good as he'll ever be. Again, Rodgers peaked in his fourth season as a starter. Is it fair to give him a few weapons next year before passing judgment? No one could possibly argue that the Bills don't have the most depleted receiving corps in the entire NFL.

Is it possible to post without bringing me and gugny up every time.

Gugny and I are not the qb with the 32nd ranked passing game.

Get a tissue and some eye shadow mr emo. Why are you so butthurt ?

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Agreed. But if i was chucking it up to goodwin id have zero faith too unless Goodwin had 3yds on the defender.

I feel Hunter can be a possible connection. Coming off the street it takes reps to build trust and rapport. Maybe they can begin to develop thay trust going forward.

I'd definitely bring Hunter back for a reasonable sum. I think he's little more than a RZ option for the most part but I'm not going to pretend that's not worth something, even on its own.

Pretty much a guarantee Tyrod is staying so let's get him the damn Harlem Globetrotters at WR. The reason I'd like Kenny Britt for him.