We Should Pick Up the Option on Tyrod No Matter What

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyrod's been pretty sturdy despite his size. I would keep him. Kelly only had 4 seasons with a completion percentage over 60. He would have been roasted by the board :)

Rules were different back then. New rules favor the offense much more than they did in Kelly's days. Believe that Kelly's (and Reed's, Lofton's and Thurman's) stats would have been much better if they had played with today's rules.

Trade for Tony Romo who is way better than Tyrod could ever dream of being.

Romo is a better QB, but is just too risky a proposition at this time. I wouldn't object to it, though. I just doubt he would embrace a Buffalo opportunity vs. a Denver opportunity.

The way I see it is Tyrod didn't get to play from 2011-2014 so he have 4 years from 22-25 where is body didn't age.

Hey, I have NEVER played pro football and I can assure that I have still aged. You are right that he didn't take the physical punishment that he would have had he played, but he still did age.

Rules were different back then. New rules favor the offense much more than they did in Kelly's days. Believe that Kelly's (and Reed's, Lofton's and Thurman's) stats would have been much better if they had played with today's rules.

Yeah our Offense in the 90s would be putting up huge numbers in today's NFL

@ChrisTrapasso

Awesome deep-dive research prospect by @MrJeffHunter on #Bills QB Tyrod Taylor. Surprising results: https://t.co/OmvW8W2EQt

Tyrod Taylor takes a lot of flack for his lack of high-volume passing output.

His low yardage totals have become something of a running joke, especially when you consider that the Bills are 12-2 when he throws for fewer than 200 yards and only 3-9 when he goes over that mark.

I’ll admit that I’m a critic of his passing, but I could care less about yardage totals. Still, it’s something that’s worth taking a look at, especially when you consider a comment from user BuffaloMook in the most recent post-game recap:

On my PS3 I cant see the screen names posting comments until I scroll over, I never do unless its something really cool or it was a dumb comment. So im reading through them, then i get to one comment, and im like "this is to be Major bro" then I looked and yep MAJBRo with the continued agenda to push lmao. yall mother!@#$ers are funny. I hope you all know that. Yall a bunch of middle aged white people (nothing wrong with that) from Upstate NY and the bickering you guys do is hilarious. Thanks for existing TBD....all the Tyrod haters and agenda pushers, and skeptics with good reasoning and logic, and blind supporters that just clam for the home team. Its great. You all make me laugh except for Yeezus that trolling gets annoying sometimes but then you bite his troll bait and thats really funny :doh::lol: . Tyrods options getting picked up. For better or for worse. Deal with it. No amount of comments and skewed stats to support watever argument your pushing is gonna change anything. Just gotta hope Tyrod progresses and keeps putting up enough points for us to leave wit a W.

I Say, pick up the Tyrod deal, and draft a pro-style offense groomed good rookie this year at QB while not forgetting to grab a CB, WR, S, & RT in the draft too. Although I think taking a REALLY good veteran S like Eric Weddle would help this team more than a rookie, off the bat, cuz he can start and make plays like Searcy used to. That gives us time to groom the S we drafted cuz Grahams getting up there in age too.

On my PS3 I cant see the screen names posting comments until I scroll over, I never do unless its something really cool or it was a dumb comment. So im reading through them, then i get to one comment, and im like "this is to be Major bro" then I looked and yep MAJBRo with the continued agenda to push lmao. yall mother!@#$ers are funny. I hope you all know that. Yall a bunch of middle aged white people (nothing wrong with that) from Upstate NY and the bickering you guys do is hilarious. Thanks for existing TBD....all the Tyrod haters and agenda pushers, and skeptics with good reasoning and logic, and blind supporters that just clam for the home team. Its great. You all make me laugh except for Yeezus that trolling gets annoying sometimes but then you bite his troll bait and thats really funny :doh::lol: . Tyrods options getting picked up. For better or for worse. Deal with it. No amount of comments and skewed stats to support watever argument your pushing is gonna change anything. Just gotta hope Tyrod progresses and keeps putting up enough points for us to leave wit a W.

I Say, pick up the Tyrod deal, and draft a pro-style offense groomed good rookie this year at QB while not forgetting to grab a CB, WR, S, & RT in the draft too. Although I think taking a REALLY good veteran S like Eric Weddle would help this team more than a rookie, off the bat, cuz he can start and make plays like Searcy used to. That gives us time to groom the S we drafted cuz Grahams getting up there in age too.

Who is this MAJBro guy you are referring too?

Tyrod's been pretty sturdy despite his size. I would keep him. Kelly only had 4 seasons with a completion percentage over 60. He would have been roasted by the board :)

Agreed. They might want to rejigger it so they can back out in 1-2 more seasons if cardale develops. If not so be it, but have that conversation if he loses the job to someone better.

Folks who think there is an accessible upgrade walking the street are not watching the rest of the league.

Consider the money paid to land 1 Brock Osweiler... watch a few games of the coveted Bradford.

Drafting an immediate upgrade is like planning to win the lotto.

TT is playing while not an elite level, better than the bills have seen in At least 1 decade, maybe 2.

I believe the passing o needs to change to better suit Tyrods abilities.

- He throws accurately to the outside with zip. He needs monster catch radius guys that win contested balls outside and can spring free deep.

- More swing/screen passes to McCoy and gillie to slow the outside rush trying to pin him in the pocket.

-Deliberate blocking schemes that allow him out of the pocket to one side or the other on passes

- maybe even start building a shorter o line inside

Agreed. They might want to rejigger it so they can back out in 1-2 more seasons if cardale develops. If not so be it, but have that conversation if he loses the job to someone better.

Folks who think there is an accessible upgrade walking the street are not watching the rest of the league.

Consider the money paid to land 1 Brock Osweiler... watch a few games of the coveted Bradford.

Drafting an immediate upgrade is like planning to win the lotto.

TT is playing while not an elite level, better than the bills have seen in At least 1 decade, maybe 2.

I believe the passing o needs to change to better suit Tyrods abilities.

- He throws accurately to the outside with zip. He needs monster catch radius guys that win contested balls outside and can spring free deep.

- More swing/screen passes to McCoy and gillie to slow the outside rush trying to pin him in the pocket.

-Deliberate blocking schemes that allow him out of the pocket to one side or the other on passes

- maybe even start building a shorter o line inside

Or just get an effective QB that can use the entire field and doesn't need all pros at WR

Or just get an effective QB that can use the entire field and doesn't need all pros at WR

Lets pick one up at Wall Mart.....I will drive

and for christ sake will you stop bringing up Hoyer......that is NOT a viable option

PS....there only ONE all pro type receiver on this team....and he has been hurt all year

Edited by John from Hemet

Lets pick one up at Wall Mart.....I will drive

and for christ sake will you stop bringing up Hoyer......that is NOT a viable option

PS....there only ONE all pro type receiver on this team....and he has been hurt all year

Sure guess you don't watch an all 22 ever and see everyone running open. It's fine we will keep waiting and keep not being good enough

THe all 22 is highly subjective and you need no look any further then when it is posted and the NNN's are argueing with the poster that posts it here.

There is room for some subjectivity but I would not say it is highly subjective. Things are pretty clear to see. I wonder now if I was missing some of this stuff with Tyrod last year and so think I am seeing regression because a lot of my focus on the all22s last year were on our defense and what was wrong there. Maybe actually there isn't regression just stagnation.

houston.jpg

The O-line we have here is much better than what he had in Houston, or Chicago this year. He had a pretty good line in Cleveland and for the most part played pretty well.

There is room for some subjectivity but I would not say it is highly subjective. Things are pretty clear to see. I wonder now if I was missing some of this stuff with Tyrod last year and so think I am seeing regression because a lot of my focus on the all22s last year were on our defense and what was wrong there. Maybe actually there isn't regression just stagnation.

The O-line we have here is much better than what he had in Houston, or Chicago this year. He had a pretty good line in Cleveland and for the most part played pretty well.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/texans-fans-start-saddest-chant-in-nfl-history-we-want-weeden/

https://twitter.com/VICESports/status/685946883047579649

Edited by Rico