We Should Pick Up the Option on Tyrod No Matter What

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taylor has decent leadership skills and can run with the football, but he can't identify open receivers and his accuracy is garbage.

His major improvement over Fitz is that he won't lose you the game with costly turnovers... but he isn't going to win you the game with his arm. I don't think the jury is still out on him - he is an average quarterback that won't lead a team to the playoffs on his own. He needs a dominant defense or a multitude of skill players on offense to get the team to the playoffs - McCoy alone won't cut it and Watkins isn't good enough.

I think they should bring him back next year, but I also think they should draft someone and bring in a FA to compete for the job.

Really? You sure about that?

I think Watkins has stupid numbers in the games he plays in if he had a competent QB throwing him the ball.

Tyrod is just good enough to not get his coach and GM fired, so he's going to be here next year. A coach and GM whose jobs are going to be on the line aren't going to go into the season with only Cardale Jones.

Thanks Doug Whaley!

as bad as Tyrod was today in the 2nd half of this game....it could ALWAYS be worse.....

People seem to forget that

Yes but what is the point tying yourself to this?? Tyrod isn't the guy so move on and try the next guy. The next guy might be worse but sticking with Tyrod is taking us nowhere John. I don't want that to be true.... but it is.

#1 - the going rate for QB will be pushing $25 mil/yr...(carr, cousins, luck, romo, flacco, palmer, ryan , Stafford)

#2 - tyrod's deal averages about $17 mil/yr cap hit which would make him the 20th highest paid qb in 2017.

#3 - his contract is team friendly with very low dead money after every single season.

#4 - keep tyrod until you are absolutely sure you have someone better already on team. don't cut him and go hoping, wishing.

#5 - get healthy (wr, rb, c), upgrade RT, add a WR and watch TT return to alternate pro bowl level.

These morons should add 2 or three good receivers, but they won't do that because it makes too much sense.

These morons should add 2 or three good receivers, but they won't do that because it makes too much sense.

They have good receivers, you obviously don't see that because of the ineptness of the QB.

defense gives up 38 points

oline can't keep their QB clean

you got bigger fish to fry than TT

CoT still going, kinda like the energizer bunny.

Coaching staff SHOULD be Canned

QB SHOULD be Canned

Heck even lump Whaley there (I have liked him but two QB fails and I want a GM that has total control) Not one that is a glorified scout, coach answers to Owner and Contract Guy on his own as well.

Edited by MAJBobby

Really? You sure about that?

I think Watkins has stupid numbers in the games he plays in if he had a competent QB throwing him the ball.

Watkins can't stay healthy. You can certainly make the case that Taylor's lack of accuracy forces his players into situations where they expose their bodies to injury... but yeah, if the guy isn't consistently playing, he isn't good enough.

Can't keep Tyrod. Totally one dimensional qb. Should have stuck with EJ and let him learn and burn. We are in the same spot regardless. I know hindsight is 20-20 vision but when we made the commitment to draft EJ we needed to run its course. Can't build a winner switching every time things sour. That really is the problem here. Champions are built from the top down and we are sadly lacking there. Too much turnover and poor hiring in the GM position over the years. Because of pathetic post season absence, there are desperate moves to 'hit a home run' and quickly build a winner. Sad to say and actually very sad to say as long time season ticket holder who travels 5 hours one way to each game, I can't see this ending anytime soon.

Watkins can't stay healthy. You can certainly make the case that Taylor's lack of accuracy forces his players into situations where they expose their bodies to injury... but yeah, if the guy isn't consistently playing, he isn't good enough.

ok whatever