We Should Pick Up the Option on Tyrod No Matter What

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I agree with this. I just don't like mobile qb's for a long term solution. Great as a change of pace back up but sooner or later the D makes them throw. That's where the field generals are separated from the rb's posing as qb's.

Make him be a quarterback. We've heard that a few times from the opposition.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moving on.

@WGR550

Are we back in quarterback purgatory? @hsimon62 explains why it's back to the drawing board. >>http://www.wgr550.com/Back-to-the-QB-drawing-board-for-the-Bills/22953107<<

"Back" in QB Purgatory presupposes that we got out. I guess it must've been right after Seattle, before Jack Del Rio put on his St Peter costume and sent us right back there?

This is just a little bit yikes.

Per PFF, Tyrod was 4/15, 58 yards, INT under pressure. 4 sacks, 26.7% completion rate, 15.4 passer rating.

I guess they don't even want to mention the final strip sack. Really, how can a guy this mobile wind up taking so many sacks?

This coaching staff (HC) handpicked this QB. And continually shifts any criticism from the QB to "other factors"

last year 2015 TT was ranked 7th in BOTH passer rating (99.4) & total qbr (70.3)

you cant dismiss "other factors" like #1 wr Sammy broken foot, #2 wr woods injured, #3 wr Hogan traded, #1 RT Henderson crohn's, #1 center wood injured, #1 rb McCoy dinged, #2 rb gilislee dinged, #1 TE clay stayed home, new coach OC.

"Back" in QB Purgatory presupposes that we got out. I guess it must've been right after Seattle, before Jack Del Rio put on his St Peter costume and sent us right back there?

I guess they don't even want to mention the final strip sack. Really, how can a guy this mobile wind up taking so many sacks?

Well, Whaley used that term and then it's assumed through his actions that TT was the answer. There was a reason that the TT contract was structured the way it is though.. We may not have heard the term used in awhile but the Bills have never really been out of it.

last year 2015 TT was ranked 7th in BOTH passer rating (99.4) & total qbr (70.3)

you cant dismiss "other factors" like #1 wr Sammy broken foot, #2 wr woods injured, #3 wr Hogan traded, #1 RT Henderson crohn's, #1 center wood injured, #1 rb McCoy dinged, #2 rb gilislee dinged, #1 TE clay stayed home, new coach OC.

Regression. So yes you can.

Ball coming out on time, Seeing the entire field, not taking off at ghost pressure, you can totally say he is not good enough

last year 2015 TT was ranked 7th in BOTH passer rating (99.4) & total qbr (70.3)you cant dismiss "other factors" like #1 wr Sammy broken foot, #2 wr woods injured, #3 wr Hogan traded, #1 RT Henderson crohn's, #1 center wood injured, #1 rb McCoy dinged, #2 rb gilislee dinged, #1 TE clay stayed home, new coach OC.

Those other factors aside , WRs and TEs were getting open and catching passes. Until the QB wasn't seeing them open, making accurate throws, or was just holding the ball too long before pulling the trigger. No excuse for losing that game yesterday. TT just leaves too many big plays on the field in the passing game.

Run Fitz outta town...

Run EJ outta town, who is alot better than the geniuses on this board give him credit for...

Now run Tyrod?

No, thats bullcrap. We gotta keep Tyrod. Not at his current contract. He should get about 11 million.

They gotta NOT pick up the option, no one is gonna offer him much, and renegotiate him for a reasonable amount.

Renegotiate another 1 (or max 2) year deal is where I stand. Sad fact is he's probably better for next season than anyone we could realistically draft/sign in free agency/trade for, and this team is built to compete (notice I didn't go so far as to say "win") now. But you don't want to spend that huge money on him, and quite frankly after this season he's not gonna have any Osweiler type deals waved at him. A Jets Fitzy 2016 contract is perfectly reasonable. NFL GMs reward those tantalizing looksees like they got with Osweiler last year or maybe Tyrod after 2015. Once the reality of Tyrod set in - the "you can win with him at QB, but you won't win because he's at QB" - the shine fades really fast.

EDIT: while a Fitzy 2016 deal for Tyrod may be the best we can hope for, I'd be inclined to offer that deal to Nick Foles first.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

Well, Whaley used that term and then it's assumed through his actions that TT was the answer. There was a reason that the TT contract was structured the way it is though.. We may not have heard the term used in awhile but the Bills have never really been out of it.

I agree. The opt out on the big contract was Whaley's way of dealing with the fact that we are still in Purgatory, and absolutely nothing about this year changes that.

Regression. So yes you can.

Ball coming out on time, Seeing the entire field, not taking off at ghost pressure, you can totally say he is not good enough

TT was under pressure 19 of 41 plays (carr 5 of 35)the O-line is not protecting him. and that stat that says he "holds onto the ball longer than any quarterback in the league" is because of his own legs...not the protection.

put TT behind the dallas or Oakland O-line and we are not having this conversation.

TT was under pressure 19 of 41 plays (carr 5 of 35)the O-line is not protecting him. and that stat that says he "holds onto the ball longer than any quarterback in the league" is because of his own legs...not the protection.

put TT behind the dallas or Oakland O-line and we are not having this conversation.

He'd still perceive pressure on many downs and miss open guys with inaccurate throws.

Wow! will the excuses ever end.

last year 2015 TT was ranked 7th in BOTH passer rating (99.4) & total qbr (70.3)you cant dismiss "other factors" like #1 wr Sammy broken foot, #2 wr woods injured, #3 wr Hogan traded, #1 RT Henderson crohn's, #1 center wood injured, #1 rb McCoy dinged, #2 rb gilislee dinged, #1 TE clay stayed home, new coach OC.

Did Sammy's foot cause Hotrod to miss him wide open long at the 5 yard line? Did it cause him to overthrow Sammy on 3rd and short on either the 1 of tte 3 and outs? That pkay have me deja be to when he missed Harvin on a very similar 3rd down play a few weeks ago.

Doesn't matter who his receivers are, they are open. The QB doesn't throw the ball to them. The coaches tape doesn't lie. More lame excuses, keep them coming.

Edited by old school

He'd still perceive pressure on many downs and miss open guys with inaccurate throws.

I agree with that.

i'm all for upgrading QB....but i'm not getting rid of TT until we are 100% certain that better QB is already on team.

it's a lot easier said than done to find a Top 10 franchise QB.

If the Bills let Taylor go , they need to re-sign EJ until they develop a new starter. I think Cardale needs at least 1 more season on the sideline unless he really impresses in preseason.

No way, no how. As bad as TT has been EJ has always been a tire fire.

If the Bills let Taylor go , they need to re-sign EJ until they develop a new starter. I think Cardale needs at least 1 more season on the sideline unless he really impresses in preseason.

No way, no how. As bad as TT has been EJ has always been a tire fire.

I can't believe anyone wants to see more of EJ. It's over. Let it go, ALF.

I agree with that.i'm all for upgrading QB....but i'm not getting rid of TT until we are 100% certain that better QB is already on team.it's a lot easier said than done to find a Top 10 franchise QB.

That's the rub, isn't it? Tyrod doesn't seem to be the ultimate answer, but is there a better short term solution? I'll note that his bonus is due on the 3rd day of the league season. Maybe a better option can be found - and by "better" I mean either straight up better or comparable and cheaper.