We Should Pick Up the Option on Tyrod No Matter What

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who would be the starting QB next season?

My plan would be:

- Attempt to sign (or trade for) a better option at QB (as defined in my post above) within the first two days of free agency.

- Allow TT to walk if successful. If not, keep him with the understanding that he'll be getting $40.25M over two seasons, but that the search for a better option will continue.

- Draft a QB. Make it a priority.

- If Taylor is retained, then focus on getting what you can from him in 2017 while developing Cardale and drafted QB. If Tyrod is not retained have his replacement compete with Cardale and drafted QB.

What's your plan?

Who would be the starting QB next season?

Tryod gets you somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7, which I guess is ok. As long as the games sell out, i'm not sure that there's going to be a change. We call this Brandonball. I'd prefer to see what we have in another QB, because I'd rather they bottom out and get a crack at a good qb then to keep this up, it's terrible

My plan would be try to renegotiate Taylor's option bonus $15.5M and keep him until a draft or trade can out play him for the job.

If he won't rework his contract I would let him walk and re-sign EJ till some one can out play him.

That frees up cap space to get needed free agents.

Edited by ALF

My plan would be try to renegotiate Taylor's option bonus $15.5M and keep him until a draft or trade can out play him for the job.

If he won't rework his contract I would let him walk and re-sign EJ till some one can out play him.

That frees up cap space to get needed free agents.

This. EJ is maddening in his own way, but TT isn't the answer long term so let's not kill our ability to go get some FA players

I say we keep spinning the wheels for a couple years until brady is closer to retirement. So I say keep him.

Then we can go ahead and bottom out and tank. Gotta time it right.

Problem is that our best players now will be on the downside and need to be replaced. We are in NFL Purgatory.... Not good enough to be a factor or Bad Enough to get the needed High Round draft choice.

Problem is that our best players now will be on the downside and need to be replaced. We are in NFL Purgatory.... Not good enough to be a factor or Bad Enough to get the needed High Round draft choice.

I dont think we have a championship mix of players in any event, even if we had a better QB. Putting it another way, since Rexy's going to be coach next year still, there's no player or players we could add to this roster to make them competitive with the Oaklands and New Englands of the conference.

Without Tyrod Taylor, we wouldn't have won 6 fu$&ing games this year! Not six! These other guys just aren't ready. And I read in here about Tyrod Taylor being OVERRATED?! Most bull schitt thing I've heard in 30 years!

Seriously...people bitching about Tyrod should take a little stroll down memory lane and think about who we've had under center between Bledsoe and TT.

Let me say this. 2 wins or 6 wins... we arent going to the playoffs. So what does it matter in the end?

This team is built to win with defense, a strong run game and taking care of the ball. The QB is doing his job. The big let down has been the defense and mainly the scheme/secondary issues.

The thing is though, he hasn't made enough plays when the game is on the line. QBs who make those plays win their team 3-4 more games/year and Tyrod hasn't done that so far in two seasons.

Have to keep Tyrod because he is a top 20QB and there are no other realistic options that are better in FA/trade/on the roster today. With that said, if DeShaun Watson is there when the Bills pick, have to take him. Figure out the cap stuff later and play the best player at QB in 2017+.

This team is built to win with defense, a strong run game and taking care of the ball. The QB is doing his job. The big let down has been the defense and mainly the scheme/secondary issues.

The thing is though, he hasn't made enough plays when the game is on the line. QBs who make those plays win their team 3-4 more games/year and Tyrod hasn't done that so far in two seasons.

Have to keep Tyrod because he is a top 20QB and there are no other realistic options that are better in FA/trade/on the roster today. With that said, if DeShaun Watson is there when the Bills pick, have to take him. Figure out the cap stuff later and play the best player at QB in 2017+.

This isn't 1975...

Imo

Surly you can't be serious!

Edited by old school

You can't be serious!

Fitzpatrick, Tannehill, Browns QB (Kessler?), Mariota, Bortles, Osweiler, Broncos QB (Lynch), Bradford, Cutler, Goff, 49ers QB (Kaepernick) are not as good as Taylor. I'd take him over Carson Palmer and Wentz also. He deserves to be paid top 20 but no better...

Fitzpatrick, Tannehill, Browns QB (Kessler?), Mariota, Bortles, Osweiler, Broncos QB (Lynch), Bradford, Cutler, Goff, 49ers QB (Kaepernick) are not as good as Taylor. I'd take him over Carson Palmer and Wentz also. He deserves to be paid top 20 but no better...

Have you watched Mariota play this year? That one is just absurd.

Edited by GunnerBill