We Should Pick Up the Option on Tyrod No Matter What

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

From PFF:

team-header_buf.png

Quarterback grade: Tyrod Taylor, 65.8

Pressure forces inaccuracy from Tyrod Taylor

Tyrod Taylor started this game off hot, connecting on 9-of-10 of his first passes, and leading his team to a seven-point lead early in the second quarter. Taylor struggled more as the game went on, and the Raiders started to get pressure on him. Taylor, who holds onto the ball longer than any quarterback in the league, on average, was pressured on 19-0f-41 (46 percent) of his dropbacks. Taylor went 4-for-15 and was sacked four times when pressured, giving him a 15.4 QB rating under pressure.

Screen-Shot-2016-12-04-at-8.59.46-PM.png

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's be under pressure less if he could get the ball out. On the INT there was a quick hitter over the middle to Sammy that he ignored as he held the ball for 5 seconds. Not all pressures are equal. If a QB who could read the defense and deliver on time played behind our line they would hardly be pressured at all.

I think we're seeing the major downside of having a mobile QB as it relates to the OL. The 5 guys up front have a play call and an assignment. With a QB like Tyrod, he breaks structure so much that it's difficult to block for him. Defenders have eyes on him and can react, the blocking can't.

I think the hold on Richie is a prime example. Not one ref calls the hands outside the chest if that stays as a 3/5 step drop and the ball comes out. Taylor scrambles, Richie's locked up and unaware, Autry (I think) moves and forces the flag.

From PFF:

team-header_buf.png

Tyrod Taylor started this game off hot, connecting on 9-of-10 of his first passes, and leading his team to a seven-point lead early in the second quarter. Taylor struggled more as the game went on, and the Raiders started to get pressure on him. Taylor, who holds onto the ball longer than any quarterback in the league, on average, was pressured on 19-0f-41 (46 percent) of his dropbacks. Taylor went 4-for-15 and was sacked four times when pressured, giving him a 15.4 QB rating under pressure.

by chance, do you have the same (when pressured) stats for Carr ?

by chance, do you have the same (when pressured) stats for Carr ?

team-header_oak.png

Quarterback grade: Derek Carr, 82.3

Carr puts on another outstanding performance in Raiders’ victory

Derek Carr was extremely efficient the whole day, and would have looked a lot better if his receivers hadn’t had five drops, including a Michael Crabtree drop in the end zone. Carr did his best work in the middle of the field, going 14-of-21 for 190 yards and two touchdowns inside the numbers.

Screen-Shot-2016-12-04-at-8.59.20-PM.png

I think we're seeing the major downside of having a mobile QB as it relates to the OL. The 5 guys up front have a play call and an assignment. With a QB like Tyrod, he breaks structure so much that it's difficult to block for him. Defenders have eyes on him and can react, the blocking can't.

I think the hold on Richie is a prime example. Not one ref calls the hands outside the chest if that stays as a 3/5 step drop and the ball comes out. Taylor scrambles, Richie's locked up and unaware, Autry (I think) moves and forces the flag.

Agreed.

I'm not so sure that it does.

I don't think so either. I think the rest of the team is built to win. And I think competent QB play allows RR to run his game plan, whether you agree with it or not. Right now it's tough to criticize the HC when his QB obliterates his chances of running the kind of balanced approach he's looking for while also being utterly incapable of the inverse: daring your opponents to try and outscore you.

I'm not so sure that it does.

I don't think so either. I think the rest of the team is built to win. And I think competent QB play allows RR to run his game plan, whether you agree with it or not. Right now it's tough to criticize the HC when his QB obliterates his chances of running the kind of balanced approach he's looking for while also being utterly incapable of the inverse: daring your opponents to try and outscore you.

Agreed...There is a combination of smart moves that could easily thrust the Bills into real contention...

There is talent and plenty to build around...They basically get an extra 2nd Round pick next year if Ragland comes back healthy....

Not saying the Bills will actually make the proper/smart moves...That's not a prediction I'm willing to make anymore...But it starts with moving on at QB...And IMHO a new Coaching staff... B-)

From PFF:

team-header_buf.png

Too indecisive. Holding the ball in the end zone for way too long sealed the deal for me, get rid of the ball! The Bills attempting to run out the clock at the end of the first half was evidence they don't have confidence in him. The Raiders drove down field with 30 seconds left, the Bills would have run the ball. It's apparent the coaches to not trust his decision making. he's a great athlete, just not a great QB.

Agreed...There is a combination of smart moves that could easily thrust the Bills into real contention...

There is talent and plenty to build around...They basically get an extra 2nd Round pick next year if Ragland comes back healthy....

Not saying the Bills will actually make the proper/smart moves...That's not a prediction I'm willing to make anymore...But it starts with moving on at QB...And IMHO a new Coaching staff... B-)

I'd rather see this coaching staff falter with adequate QB play before blowing the whole thing up again.

On the INT - he was attempting to go low risk by throwing it up for goodwin in 1x1 coverage. That was one of my few like non-gripes in the 2nd half. Obviously the results were bad, but if its complete its probably a TD.

Im not sure why we were throwing there anyway........throwing out of your own end zone like that often makes bad things happen. Was the chance that Mack needed.

They should have just ran the ball 3 times and punted out of that situation.

I'd rather see this coaching staff falter with adequate QB play before blowing the whole thing up again.

I hear ya...

But I've pretty much been anti-Rex from the get-go...So I'm of the opinion that he's never going to be good enough unless somehow, magically, we get the next Carr...Or Cardale turns out to be as good as Dak...

I'm just not a Rex guy...Anyone who talks as much about being a Defensive genius as Rex does needs to show me more than he has on that side of the ball... B-)

This coaching staff (HC) handpicked this QB. And continually shifts any criticism from the QB to "other factors"

They do that in public, but I find it hard to believe they do behind closed doors at OBD. The film doesn't lie so they know the deal.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I agree with this. I just don't like mobile qb's for a long term solution. Great as a change of pace back up but sooner or later the D makes them throw. That's where the field generals are separated from the rb's posing as qb's.

Edited by Dante