We Should Pick Up the Option on Tyrod No Matter What

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

TT has not "regressed". he is the exact same qb as he was last year when he was ranked 7th in passer rating & total qbr.

what is different is the players NOT around him....last years #1, #2 & #3 WR's, #1 center, #1 RT and at times #1 & #2 RB, #1 TE and just as important his O coordinator ...to some these are facts, to others just excuses.

last year TT was near leading the league in deep throws, mostly to Sammy.

you replace TT with any young QB who has "upside" on this years team....and our record is 2-10 instead of 6-6. if we had a Top 5-10 defense, our record this year is more likely 9-3. I agree with everyone that TT is not going to win us games with his arm, just be careful what you wish for, it so easy to do a lot worse.

Ohhh, I feel the Church of Tyrod is strong....

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this isn't an individual sport like golf or bowling.

the quality of the other 10 guys on offense matters to a qb rating. a defense that gives up 38 points isn't going to win very many games.

Agreed on the team aspect..but an open receiver is an open receiver, time to throw is time to throw, reading the field is reading the field, running into sacks is running into sacks..and the all22 will show those things...

And the last 5 out of 6 games has not been kind to Tyrod

the quality of the other 10 guys on offense matters to a qb rating. a defense that gives up 38 points isn't going to win very many games.

But to be fair to the Defense, the Offense did not sustain a drive to save their lives, and I think everyone with a pulse knew the key to that Oakland game was for the BILLS' Offense to maintain possession to limit the Oakland explosive Offensive effectiveness. The BILLS essentially did that in the 1st half, scored two quick TDs, and then abandoned what was working....for reasons I can't explain - and that does fall on the coaches. However, missing open receivers, taking too long in the pocket, running when it isn't necessary and failing to read Defenses is squarely on the QB. So, IMHO the problem was two-fold: coaches failed to adjust and maintain proper scheme, QB failed to be a QB. In other words, more of the same this year...

How is the Hitch Step on every 3 step drops (HS QBs know not to do that).

I am sorry you cant objectively look and see that the QB has regressed and deflecting to other positions is just that Deflecting

Hey Look Pressure.... But a completion why???? Because Ball comes out on TIME

https://twitter.com/PFF_Sam/status/806110243004497920

Edited by MAJBobby

TT has not "regressed". he is the exact same qb as he was last year when he was ranked 7th in passer rating & total qbr.what is different is the players NOT around him....last years #1, #2 & #3 WR's, #1 center, #1 RT and at times #1 & #2 RB, #1 TE and just as important his O coordinator ...to some these are facts, to others just excuses.last year TT was near leading the league in deep throws, mostly to Sammy.you replace TT with any young QB who has "upside" on this years team....and our record is 2-10 instead of 6-6. if we had a Top 5-10 defense, our record this year is more likely 9-3. I agree with everyone that TT is not going to win us games with his arm, just be careful what you wish for, it so easy to do a lot worse.

TT is the same QB as last season, but we needed progress from him and we haven't gotten it. Defenses are also better prepared for him and are forcing him to do things like stay in the pocket. He might still be our best option next season, but we will be better off if we can find a better option.

TT is the same QB as last season, but we needed progress from him and we haven't gotten it. Defenses are also better prepared for him and are forcing him to do things like stay in the pocket. He might still be our best option next season, but we will be better off if we can find a better option.

:thumbsup: to every last word of this.

To all you naysayers: what about the Titans game last year?? Yeah, thought so.

*mic drop*

what is your point here?

The net 82 passing yards against a team that earned the #1 pick in the draft?

the 202 net yards the team gained...again against the 27th ranked D in 2015?

Maybe I missed your point...were you saying that game as an argument that Taylor is not a starting QB...then yes i agree and mike dropped...cause that was as awful a game as QB can have.

But to be fair to the Defense, the Offense did not sustain a drive to save their lives, and I think everyone with a pulse knew the key to that Oakland game was for the BILLS' Offense to maintain possession to limit the Oakland explosive Offensive effectiveness. The BILLS essentially did that in the 1st half, scored two quick TDs, and then abandoned what was working....for reasons I can't explain - and that does fall on the coaches. However, missing open receivers, taking too long in the pocket, running when it isn't necessary and failing to read Defenses is squarely on the QB. So, IMHO the problem was two-fold: coaches failed to adjust and maintain proper scheme, QB failed to be a QB. In other words, more of the same this year...

Well, the other team has coaches too. Perhaps they made " adjustments" to stop what was working for the Bills offense. That was largely the run , and taking it away forced Tyrod to control the game as a passing QB. He is clearly unable to do this, as he had open WRs for TDs that would likely have finished the game off. At least it would have kept the game close and a possibility to win in the end. I don't think the Bills coaches abandoned what was working, it was taken away. The book is out on Tyrod, he can't win as a passer and can't lead a drive from behind to win.

Well, the other team has coaches too. Perhaps they made " adjustments" to stop what was working for the Bills offense. That was largely the run , and taking it away forced Tyrod to control the game as a passing QB. He is clearly unable to do this, as he had open WRs for TDs that would likely have finished the game off. At least it would have kept the game close and a possibility to win in the end. I don't think the Bills coaches abandoned what was working, it was taken away. The book is out on Tyrod, he can't win as a passer and can't lead a drive from behind to win.

This QFT

This is how I feel.

Obviously, this year's WR corps has been hurt by injuries. Nonetheless, it's easy to see the same flaws: an unwillingness or inability to throw over the middle, difficulty finding open receivers, a tendency to feel phantom pressure, and inconsistent accuracy.

I really hoped TT would elevate his game this year. I hoped the Seahawk game would prove to be a turning point.

But my hopes have dimmed. At this point, I see him as a good backup.

This is how I feel.

Obviously, this year's WR corps has been hurt by injuries. Nonetheless, it's easy to see the same flaws: an unwillingness or inability to throw over the middle, difficulty finding open receivers, a tendency to feel phantom pressure, and inconsistent accuracy.

I really hoped TT would elevate his game this year. I hoped the Seahawk game would prove to be a turning point.

But my hopes have dimmed. At this point, I see him as a good backup.

He is what you want as a BU QB (granted not at the 16M cap hit).

A guy that can come in and play a couple games, not lose you the game, but provide something (legs).

and I agree with this

FO thought we would have the Top 5 bully defense that Rex promised us. With Tyrod's limited throwing along with his running and a stable of running backs we could score enough to win most games. But our D is instead a mediocre at best sissy.

Yeah no doubt the Defense as plummeted in efficiency since Rex took over, I have no idea how that happens. Just fire the man who made the team worse than DOUG MARRONE! I mean seriously he did better his last year with the Bills than Rex has these last two.

We shall agree to disagree about the coaching -- but as for Tyrod I completely agree and have not been a fan since the middle of last year. From the time it appeared relatively clear: he's a truly gifted athlete, but not an NFL caliber QB.