We Should Pick Up the Option on Tyrod No Matter What

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I also think he is at his ceiling or very close to it and it isn't good enough

And even being depleated they were still open a ton and Taylor just doesn't throw it to them or see them but again guess that's all the WRs fault

But you invoked Aaron Rodgers and Rodgers didn't hit his ceiling until his fourth year as a starter. And I agree that despite the lack of talent at WR he needs to get rid of the ball quicker and he has in fact missed a lot of open receivers this year. I think you and I are pretty close to on the same page here. As opposed to...

Is it possible to post without bringing me and gugny up every time.

Me and Gugny are not the qb with the 32nd ranked passing game.

Get a tissue and some eye shadow mr emo.

Dude you are losin it.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd definitely bring Hunter back for a reasonable sum. I think he's little more than a RZ option for the most part but I'm not going to pretend that's not worth something, even on its own.

Pretty much a guarantee Tyrod is staying so let's get him the damn Harlem Globetrotters at WR. The reason I'd like Kenny Britt for him.

All this.

I agree pick it up and groom Cardale, he looked great in the preseason and I'd like to see a slice of him next year. I know it is strictly taboo but giving him an occasional series or drive will that really send the team in disarray?

I only keep TT if I can't get Romo. Then I draft a QB high and reopen the competition. Light a fire under his ass that he can't take self sacks because he's afraid of picks.

Just stop with the Romo stuff. He missed 12 games last season and the 1st nine of this season. At age 36 there's little reason to believe that will change.

Fact

6 year Pro vs Rookie

Write a scouting report on Tyrod (objectively) and it is the same scouting report he had coming out of the draft.

6 years in, 6 years in NFL film room, 6 years on Practice field., 6 years worth of OTAs, 6 years of Mini Camps, 6 years of training camps, 6 years of preseason football and still the same scouting report as college.

So again

6 years vs Rookie

Upside vs Ceiling

Also maybe post the correct Stats for Wentz he has 2 fumbles lost

Hold up yo.

Tyrod born August 1989 is 27. Wentz born December 1992 is basically 24. That's 3 years age difference. The way I see it is Tyrod didn't get to play from 2011-2014 so he have 4 years from 22-25 where is body didn't age.

The point is this, Wentz isn't much younger than Tyrod and Taylor has had the benefit of learning for 4 years, however not playing doesn't truly allow you to prepare at game speed.

I'd definitely bring Hunter back for a reasonable sum. I think he's little more than a RZ option for the most part but I'm not going to pretend that's not worth something, even on its own.

Pretty much a guarantee Tyrod is staying so let's get him the damn Harlem Globetrotters at WR. The reason I'd like Kenny Britt for him.

I agree with some of this..

it might seem odd, but not if you know me, i think Dez and JH could be the best thing to happen to TT.

Geebus i hope Dez can run a route correctly. We saw TT put the ball up for Justin last week,

Goodwin has tried like hell this year but just does not seem to be working out. And we are likely losing Robert.

pick up the option JimO.

I agree pick it up and groom Cardale, he looked great in the preseason and I'd like to see a slice of him next year. I know it is strictly taboo but giving him an occasional series or drive will that really send the team in disarray?

After EJM is gone Cardale will be the new Barker and get some of those calls !!

Next year my friend

Hold up yo.

Tyrod born August 1989 is 27. Wentz born December 1992 is basically 24. That's 3 years age difference. The way I see it is Tyrod didn't get to play from 2011-2014 so he have 4 years from 22-25 where is body didn't age.

The point is this, Wentz isn't much younger than Tyrod and Taylor has had the benefit of learning for 4 years, however not playing doesn't truly allow you to prepare at game speed.

He has played in the NFL more than Wentz and at least you acknowledge the learning he should have had his 1st 4 years but were is the growth? He regressed this year and really when you look at his college scouting report he is the exact same and for the most part (not forcing throws) with all the same weaknesses.

Where is the Growth in 6 years?

I agree. Question is how to properly understand the impact of Sammy and/or shady when at least one of those players has been inactive in over 40% of TT's starts.

In regards to the passing game and Sammy, the biggest difference is Tyrod's comfort level. He throws the deep ball better to Sammy than anyone else and it's little more than sheer faith.

He seems to throw the long balls well to Percy (last year), Goodwin, and Salas (before injury) too.

$15.5 million Option Bonus, $12 million base salary become fully guaranteed on the 3rd league day of 2017

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/tyrod-taylor-7899/

It is a cap friendly contract if TT is the Bills starter for the next 5 years.

His 2018 salary of $13M also guarantees on the 3rd league day of the 2017 season. That's $40.5M total in guarantees. If his option is picked up it effectively makes him a Bill for 2017 & 2018 at an average rate of $20.25M/season.

I'm still on board with picking up his option. It's doubtful a better option will present itself and $20M a season is pretty much in line with what starters get. It will give Rex a viable starting QB in the near term and give the Bills FO 2+ seasons to find and bring along an upgrade, if that's needed.

@PFF

A little blocking would be nice...

CytQS9ZXUAA5Xuy.jpg

I'm not sure how they figure this out, but I think our OLine is doing well this year. You don't get the number 1 run offense if you suck at blocking. The problem isn't the pass protection, it's Hotrod holding onto the football too long and running from clean pockets into trouble IMHO.

The issue for me is not whther or not we should pick the deal up. It is.....why the hell did Doug Whaley fo a deal that gave him a $6M raise this year and $27.5M in cash next year.

Its the opposite of team friendly. Its very very unfriendly. Wouldve been way better off paying $3M this year and the franchise which will be around $22M next year. 2 years $25M. Instead we paid $9M this year and $27.5M next year for a total of 2 years $36.5 M.

Stupid

The issue for me is not whther or not we should pick the deal up. It is.....why the hell did Doug Whaley fo a deal that gave him a $6M raise this year and $27.5M in cash next year.

Its the opposite of team friendly. Its very very unfriendly. Wouldve been way better off paying $3M this year and the franchise which will be around $22M next year. 2 years $25M. Instead we paid $9M this year and $27.5M next year for a total of 2 years $36.5 M.

Stupid

It's not about how much we pay him in guaranteed money, salary or bonuses. It's all about the cap hit and the lack of constraints it places on you. TT will be the 20th highest QB cap hit in the league next year and 17th in 2018 according to Spotrac. That is the very definition of a cap friendly QB contract.

I understand questioning whether it was a smart thing to do or not, but offering him $3m coming off of last year would also have been highly questionable.

But you invoked Aaron Rodgers and Rodgers didn't hit his ceiling until his fourth year as a starter. And I agree that despite the lack of talent at WR he needs to get rid of the ball quicker and he has in fact missed a lot of open receivers this year. I think you and I are pretty close to on the same page here. As opposed to...

Dude you are losin it.

Dude's still got a Bledsoe avavtar wtf :lol: :lol: :lol:

The cap hit is most important for TT contract, in regards to funds available for other contracts. Correct me if I am wrong. With Taylor's cap hit being in the mid teens, this will provide the Bills the opportunity to sign quality FA's like they did this season. Whaley has proven he can draft decently ( I think very well).

TT contract allows for a more complete team to be assembled. Maybe this is Whaleys plan. Then Whaley finds the next Prescott or Wilson in the 2018 draft and the Bills win 2 out of 3 Superbowls starting in 2019!

Edited by atlbillsfan1975