We Should Pick Up the Option on Tyrod No Matter What

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Yes because I am anticipating Hoyer giving way to my newly draft QB either in 2017 or 2018 and a significant cap savings than TT, with better passing play and maybe a slight overall downgrade

And a real smart coach has made his pronouncement on TT

Taylor barely played behind Joe Flacco in Baltimore, throwing just 35 passes over four campaigns. Coach John Harbaugh said last offseason that he was "disappointed" with Taylor's development. The Bills, though, believe they can make more out of the former Virginia Tech star.

Harbaugh said that in 2014. Look what he said in 2016:

http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/29800/john-harbaugh-ravens-wouldve-kept-tyrod-taylor-forever-if-given-choice

So much for that.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"You know, I finally figured it out! You sound just like Donald Trump"

Character assassination is so easy, and yet it's your go-to. Every time.

No Donald Trump just makes stuff up. It's ok to say you are right about something when you actually are. I wasn't going out on a limb when I said it more than likely was not happening for EJ Manuel. I'm not going out on a limb by saying Taylor, for all his shortcomings, is a top 32 QB in the league and thus a deserved starter.

Yes because I am anticipating Hoyer giving way to my newly draft QB either in 2017 or 2018 and a significant cap savings than TT, with better passing play and maybe a slight overall downgrade

And a real smart coach has made his pronouncement on TT

Taylor barely played behind Joe Flacco in Baltimore, throwing just 35 passes over four campaigns. Coach John Harbaugh said last offseason that he was "disappointed" with Taylor's development. The Bills, though, believe they can make more out of the former Virginia Tech star.

If there were a better option available, TT would be shown the door and the structure of his deal supports that. The only thing they've pronounced is that TT is the best they have now and were willing to pay him commensurate with his performance compared to the rest of the league. He's a flawed QB and they know it. He's just the least flawed of all other options at the moment. And for a variety of reasons that have little to do with statistical performance which, again, you give little consideration of.

Lmao. I could tell you the sky is blue and give you definitive proof. But if youre color blind theres just no hope. Good luck with that.

Sorry I don't take opposing coach speak before a game as difinitive proof. If that's the Case we must have made the playoffs many times with how BB talks the Bills up before every game in the past 16 year

It's called scared of unknown syndrome and leads to Fitz, Edwards, etc playing QB for Bills

Scared of the unknown? Brian Hoyer is about as known as known can be and his "known" is downright scary. Get a hold of his All 22 and see for yourself.

Edited by K-9

If there were a better option available, TT would be shown the door and the structure of his deal supports that. The only thing they've pronounced is that TT is the best they have now and were willing to pay him commensurate with his performance compared to the rest of the league. He's a flawed QB and they know it. He's just the least flawed of all other options at the moment. And for a variety of reasons that have little to do with statistical performance which, again, you give little consideration of.

I give close consideration of the statistical performance and get similar at 1/3rd the cap charge with Brian Hoyer next year

Scared of the unknown? Brian Hoyer is about as known as known can be and his "known" is downright scary. Get a hold of his All 22 and see for yourself.

The draft pick it not. See you all just want to ignore the second half

I give close consideration of the statistical performance and get similar at 1/3rd the cap charge with Brian Hoyer next year

Just like that, huh? I think we're at the point of impasse. But thanks for the chuckles. Brian Hoyer. You can't get this comedy at home.

I have and guess what I see better passing that our current starting Passer

Just like that, huh? I think we're at the point of impasse. But thanks for the chuckles. Brian Hoyer. You can't get this comedy at home.

Nice comeback good to see you now out because you can't legitimately show me Hoyer at 5M is much worse than Taylor at 16M and no out until end of 2018

How about you give close consideration to the fact that hes been on 6 different teams (for a reason) and cant stay healthy and hes getting older.

Hoyer's best season cant even begin to sniff TT's last year. Talking of statistical performance.

How about you give close consideration to the fact that hes been on 6 different teams (for a reason) and cant stay healthy and hes getting older.

Hoyer's best season cant even begin to sniff TT's last year. Talking of statistical performance.

Again we're did I ever say I am paying or thinking Hoyer is my answer for the future he is a game manager placeholder until my Rookie is ready.

You know the same thing Tyrod does as 1/3rd the cap charge.

Again we're did I ever say I am paying or thinking Hoyer is my answer for the future he is a game manager placeholder until my Rookie is ready.

You know the same thing Tyrod does as 1/3rd the cap charge.

So we are talking playoffs, 2018/2019? 2020? When will the rookie be ready? Tyrod gives us a better chance (hence the cost) than placeholder Hoyer, and we can still draft the rookie.

I have and guess what I see better passing that our current starting Passer

Nice comeback good to see you now out because you can't legitimately show me Hoyer at 5M is much worse than Taylor at 16M and no out until end of 2018

You are confusing "quarterback" with "passer" and again, show little regard for the non-statistical aspects of the situation. TT is a flawed QB to be sure but if you think Hoyer is better, you haven't been paying very close attention. Good luck selling him to your veteran leadership.

And the idea of "value" is patently ridiculous. You simply can't be "satisfied" with TT at half the cap number any more than at his full cap number, which is an argument you put forth previously. It's kind of ridiculous really. His salary has absolutely jack schit to do with his performance. NOTHING AT ALL.

OK, now we're done.

Edited by K-9

Tyrod is a gamemanger at Best and not good enough and is already at his ceiling.

There is one person that can get me off that stance that he put me on this year and that is him. And I don't see him getting me off that stance so until he does I will continue to talk about how picking up that option is treading water.

I also know the Bills when they do pick up that option they are not going to draft a legitimate QB instead are going to continue to under value that position in the draft and we will be talking about said rookie next year like we have with Dak this year

So we are talking playoffs, 2018/2019? 2020? When will the rookie be ready? Tyrod gives us a better chance (hence the cost) than placeholder Hoyer, and we can still draft the rookie.

None of the numbers really show that but ok. I think if you get a Rookie or a QB that can upgrade the passing game and use the extra cap space saved on some more pieces with the way this team is built they can get you to the playoffs (with an upgraded passing game)

I have. I watched all of his starts for Chicago this year back on the all 22 before I came here suggesting it. I am not just spitballing here - I have actually put some thought into it. Hoyer is not especially accurate (on short and intermediate throws they have that in common), he doesn't have the arm of Tyrod, he is less mobile (though not a statue), but he has much better touch on short and intermediate routes and the ball is usually thrown to the right receiver as dictated by the coverage.

I do believe that he would put up about the same number of yards in this offense as TT but they'd all be pass yards rather than pass / rush split, he'd put up slightly more touchdowns and more picks. Overall, a slight downgrade, but you wouldn't be tied to him and you would have money spare to really sure up around him the weaker areas of this roster. Most good teams hide the weaknesses through their Quarterback... but we can't because we have a complimentary piece Quarterback not someone who goes out often and takes over games. If this was a discussion about most modern NFL teams I would not advocate getting worse, even a little bit, at Quarterback to shore up other areas. But we are not conventional as a team as the TT fans love to say. Therefore conventional logic can be challenged here too.

But the response here is predictable. It is attack, ridicule and dismiss anyone who presents an alternative.

I've done the work here, I have not just flamed away and claimed Tyrod stinks or start EJ or start Cardale I've presented over a couple of posts a coherent argument and a coherent alternative. It is fine for people to say "okay, I still prefer Tyrod to that" - as FadingPain did - fair enough. But from the majority that isn't the response. The response is attack, ridicule and dismiss. Frankly it does a disservice to this board, and I can understand why people think as a result that there exists a Taylor cult.