Brady suspension reinstated!

FireChan

I don't really are about the suspension as much as him being remembered as a cheater. Because he is a cheater.

THIS!!!!!

Q: What would you call someone who's twice been convicted of murder?

A: A murderer.

Q: What would you call someone who's twice been convicted of theft?

A: A thief.

Q: What would you call a team that's been twice convicted of cheating?

A: CHEATERS

I'm not comparing cheating in football to crimes in the real world. Not even close. But this conviction is not about the 4 games. It's about an informed opinion, by the people in the US justice system who reviewed the evidence, and the ultimate conclusion drawn.

I also don't think this is about deflating footballs. I think this is simply what they were able to prove at the time. Everyone in the league knows there is a bunch of shenanigans occurring in NE, they just can't prove it. This happened to be the one thing they could prove. Think of it as Al Capone being sent to jail for tax evasion. Was that the worst thing he was doing? Of course not. Could they get a decent punishment for it? You bet.

And any of you who are doubting the levels that Belichick and Ernie Adams go to in an effort to gain an unfair advantage, go read Spygate: The Untold Story. It's a great read and very eye opening. I actually had a lot of respect for that franchise until I read it.

This is a great day!

Go Bills.

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this sucks. Now when we lose to the patriots with a backup QB, there will be mass suicides in Western New York... and shame across the land.

I sat through 4 Superbowls losses in a row...if that didn't kill me nothing will

Really, as this all sinks in, it gets me a little pissed off. Last season is when this should have happened. Last season is when we should have made the playoffs. Honestly, my hopes for this season are not very high (like they were last season). At this point, this feels more like it is about Goodell's legacy than it is about Brady's. Maybe I'll feel differently after lunch.

I disagree with the Brady suspension. As I stated in a prior post out of support for Brady I will stop posting until he is back on the field. I'll stop once the season starts. The deflategate process was a tarnished and corrupt process. My stance is more about how Goodell has conducted himself in this matter than it is about Brady.

I can see the tears staining cheeks as this was written.

This is going to be heard en banc by the second circuit... no way NE* appeals this to SCOTUS.

We are not out of the woods yet.

Almost certainly not. The Second Circuit rarely, and I mean rarely, agrees to re-hear a panel decision en banc.

How rarely? Over the ten-year period from 2000-2010, the court issued somewhere between 5 and 8 en banc decisions. That's out of nearly 28,000 cases heard by the court. For a rate of around 0.03%.

https://www.federalbarcouncil.org/vg/custom/uploads/pdfs/En_Banc_Report.pdf

During Brady's suspension, is he allowed to practice with the team and be involved with the team at their facilities? It would be even better if he is completely removed for four weeks (no meetings, communication, etc.).

Hah. They have a hard enough time restricting Brady's communications with his magical helmet. They play the Brown's his first week back, when he returns he will be up to speed before they play anyone serious. I'm holding out hope that Arizona throttles them week one and leaves JG in a mental heap.

Great. Here come the "Free Brady" idiots again.

Led by Jason Cole on Jim Rome. It's freakin' amazing how certain members of the media act like such shills for Brady and the Pats** tap dancing around the facts and harping about what a severe punishment this is for such a minor offense. For just deflating balls, it is severe. For a team with a history of cheating obstructing an NFL investigation? 4 games is too lenient. Somehow that escapes Jason Cole and his Krafty Bob lackeys.

These twits live in alternate reality. If brady took the hit when it all came out he likely sits a game and pays a few sheckles. But he chose the other option and forced the NFL's hand. I don't know many people who think the guy is an innocent pawn in all this, the debate seems to be more on severity of the penalty. What a mess.

Wow, listening to all the talk radio right now, the feelings are mixed, and the announcers are short on facts.. This decision had nothing, well almost nothing to do with the facts that led to the suspension. It had everything to do with the procedure of determining gathering of said facts, and the power to rule on a punishment. I said this wayyyy way back, and I'm glad I was vindicated. Like it or not, the NFLPA gave all this power to a single individual named Roger God.. :)

Tim-

Led by Jason Cole on Jim Rome. It's freakin' amazing how certain members of the media act like such shills for Brady and the Pats** tap dancing around the facts and harping about what a severe punishment this is for such a minor offense. For just deflating balls, it is severe. For a team with a history of cheating obstructing an NFL investigation? 4 games is too lenient. Somehow that escapes Jason Cole and his Krafty Bob lackeys.

I have to believe Brady destroying his cell phone just before meeting with Wells factored in to the 4 games more than previous history: http://deadspin.com/the-full-story-of-tom-bradys-destroyed-cell-phone-1722190784

How??????

Probably because had he followed normal protocols for internal league matters that was a real possibility. And they somehow believe his FU to the league won't factor in.

But it's hard to believe a 2 game suspension is an option now barring him winning another appeal.

This will not be reduced. Brady had a chance to take a plea deal. He decided not to take it. He pushed the NFL to go to court and challenged them. Now after like 30 million dollar spent on this case by the NFL, Brady will now serve his punishment for lying and deflating footballs. Brady has been found guilty and this is the end of the legal process. The Supreme Court will not touch this. Roger has the last laugh. Brady might have won a small battle but Roger and the NFL won the war. Now it's time for Brady to head to his little corner and suck his thump and cry, cry like the baby he his. He will now serve his punishment like he should have. Finally justice has prevailed.

It would be nice if those first 3 games were against tougher opponents.

If NE goes 0-4 for the first 4 games it could possibly tip the balance of power in the division in our favor.

Also, this gives us the chance to turn an almost automatic loss into a win, which could have playoff implications. One win more than we bargained for, hopefully...but we have to seize the opportunity here!

I think I'd rather take the away game without Brady and the home field advantage with him.

Me too.

They also think he will get it reduced to 2 games so his return is on TNF week 3.

They must be dense.

Brady already filed a league appeal. It happened last June. Goodell had Troy Vincent give out intial punishment so that he could oversee the appeal. He upheld the suspension because Brady destroyed his phone. That's why this whole thing went to court.

Are they really that thick?

This will not be reduced. Brady had a chance to take a plea deal. He decided not to take it. He pushed the NFL to go to court and challenged them. Now after like 30 million dollar spent on this case by the NFL, Brady will now serve his punishment for lying and deflating footballs. Brady has been found guilty and this is the end of the legal process. The Supreme Court will not touch this. Roger has the last laugh. Brady might have won a small battle but Roger and the NFL won the war. Now it's time for Brady to head to his little corner and suck his thump and cry, cry like the baby he his. He will now serve his punishment like he should have. Finally justice has prevailed.

Are people forgetting what happened? Brady never had a plea deal. Goodell oversaw the league appeal and upheld Troy Vincents punishment.

That's why this whole thing went to court. Brady thought it wasn't fair that Goodell oversaw the appeal. There was never going to be a plea deal for him.

They must be dense.

Brady already filed a league appeal. It happened last June. Goodell had Troy Vincent give out intial punishment so that he could oversee the appeal. He upheld the suspension because Brady destroyed his phone. That's why this whole thing went to court.

Are they really that thick?

Are people forgetting what happened? Brady never had a plea deal. Goodell oversaw the league appeal and upheld Troy Vincents punishment.

That's why this whole thing went to court. Brady thought it wasn't fair that Goodell oversaw the appeal. There was never going to be a plea deal for him.

Yes, of course. The NFL isn't going to back down from their position of 4 games suspended, period.