Brady suspension reinstated!

FireChan

I disagree with the Brady suspension. As I stated in a prior post out of support for Brady I will stop posting until he is back on the field. I'll stop once the season starts. The deflategate process was a tarnished and corrupt process. My stance is more about how Goodell has conducted himself in this matter than it is about Brady.

No! Wait! Please don't go!

6fedeaa5ed7e46c09c6c7b5f97e6aebf1f6f7ba5

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am with the skeptical crowd. If there is another appeal, it will get dragged out again and he will be allowed to play. Don't know the legalities, but I am skeptical that he will actually serve the suspension.

He may very well play against us week 4. If Brady asks the 2nd Circuit for en banc review, it could take a couple months before the Circuit renders a decision. Even If the Circuit denies Brady's request quickly, Brady will almost certainly file a cert petition with SCOTUS. Briefing wouldn't likely be completed until the fall, and in any event SCOTUS won't start conferencing cases until the fall session sometime in October. They break in June for the entire summer. I think there is a good chance that Brady will get a stay while this litigation is going on, meaning he will be active for the game against the Bills.

Judge: Brady destroying his phone was a key to ruling against him.

Judge Barrington D. Parker said the cellphone destruction raised the stakes "from air in a football to compromising the integrity of a proceeding that the commissioner had convened."

"So why couldn't the commissioner suspend Mr. Brady for that conduct alone?" he asked. Parker added: "With all due respect, Mr. Brady's explanation of that made no sense whatsoever."

http://pro32.ap.org/article/appeals-court-qb-tom-brady-must-serve-deflategate-penalty

Part of me is OK with delaying tactics so this stays in the news forever. I want him to be remembered as the cheater he is. Face the music in the beginning and it's a minor footnote. Drag on for years and years and it just may linger longer as a black cloud over his legacy. As it should.

@albertbreer

Tom Brady's recourse is to seek a stay/injunction and a) ask for a re-hearing before the full 2nd circuit or b) appeal to the Supreme Court.

and no way either of these work. You get an automatic appeal to a Circuit court. The Circuit court is not going to be interested in re-hearing a case over the power of a District Court to overturn an arbitrator's decision. The decision at the District Court was 100% incorrect to start with. Brady is an idiot if he tries to appeal further. If he does, hopefully the 2nd acts quickly and he misses games at the end of the season or something to that effect. And there is about .00000001% chance the SC has any interest in taking this case.

I'm really hoping somebody pieces together a 10 minute sizzle reel so I don't have to listen and have my blood pressure elevated for hours.

Oh, it wouldn't be my blood pressure that I would worry about being elevated for a few hours.

Part of me is OK with delaying tactics so this stays in the news forever. I want him to be remembered as the cheater he is. Face the music in the beginning and it's a minor footnote. Drag on for years and years and it just may linger longer as a black cloud over his legacy. As it should.

oh, I do like this approach. Brady as the cheater and continual cry-baby.

I am with the skeptical crowd. If there is another appeal, it will get dragged out again and he will be allowed to play. Don't know the legalities, but I am skeptical that he will actually serve the suspension.

The chance of Brady winning on rehearing from the 2nd Circuit en banc, or from SCOTUS is extremely low. That being said, it could certainly delay the suspension if Brady is granted a stay while he litigates in these courts. If Brady requests relief from the Circuit and SCOTUS, the earliest his case will be finished is sometime in October. It certainly could be even later.