Brady suspension reinstated!

FireChan

Maybe that you are not familiar with the concept that the court has ruled that the NFL did adhere to the agreement.

There you go. And that is what is being appealed.

Edited by Beerball

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ProFootballTalk

One Jet says Tom Brady's suspension will make the AFC East more competitive

@985TheSportsHub

Tom Brady Adds Another Lawyer To Team -- Thomas Dupree From Gibson Dunn: https://t.co/3gPNXUqoB9

@SalSports

Sal Capaccio Retweeted 98.5 The Sports Hub

Brady and his lawyers have until Monday to file an official request for an en banc rehearing in the Second Circuit.

@ProFootballTalk

@985TheSportsHub

Tom Brady Adds Another Lawyer To Team -- Thomas Dupree From Gibson Dunn: https://t.co/3gPNXUqoB9

@SalSports

Brady and his lawyers have until Monday to file an official request for an en banc rehearing in the Second Circuit.

If these people can't even spell bank correctly, I have no faith in their ability to get the decision correct.

I appreciate your devotion to the team. There isn't a more loyal fan than you who regularly demonstrates that loyalty with your long trips to the Ralph. But you are living in your bubble of your own manufactured delusion in your belief that the fans are the source of the team's systemic mediocrity. With a morsel of objectivity it shouldn't be too difficult burst that illogical and zany bubble you are residing in.

Great job of deflecting what I actually said.

The fans don't affect the team with their hang dog woe-is-us attitude, they affect other fans by sucking the joy out of everything.

Then again, I suppose the opposite is true. Optimistic fans like myself spoil the B word-fest for the legion of the miserable too.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Maybe that you are not familiar with the concept that the court has ruled that the NFL did adhere to the agreement.

The court made a 2-1 ruling in favor of the league. The union has a right to appeal that decision if it decides to do so. What's wrong with letting the process run out to the end if one of the parties decides to exercise its right to challenge the last ruling as the league did with the first ruling?

@ProFootballTalk

https://t.co/SbmCFSgJmU

@985TheSportsHub

@SalSports

I have personally worked with two of Brady's lawyers- I'm not one myself- and they are the best of the best. Not pleased, but not surprised, to see the team he's assembled. Olson is a master appeals court attorney and like Diana Ross, a seasoned veteran of the Supremes.

I have personally worked with two of Brady's lawyers- I'm not one myself- and they are the best of the best. Not pleased, but not surprised, to see the team he's assembled. Olson is a master appeals court attorney and like Diana Ross, a seasoned veteran of the Supremes.

But what can they possibly argue here? The case is cut and dry unless Judge Fanboy has Brady on his fantasy team.

Irrespective of the credentials of his impressive team, do you believe they have any case at all on the merits to justify the en banc review?

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Great job of deflecting what I actually said.

The fans don't affect the team with their hang dog woe-is-us attitude, they affect other fans by sucking the joy out of everything.

Then again, I suppose the opposite is true. Optimistic fans like myself spoil the B word-fest for the legion of the miserable too.

No one is sucking the joy out of anyone else. You can fall in whatever category you want: Optimistic-Pessimistic-Realistic or whatever box you want to create. How you feel is how you feel; how others feel is how others feel. If others have a different attitude from you then so be it. Lamenting how it affects you is an issue that only you can address.

But what can they possibly argue here? The case is cut and dry unless Judge Fanboy has Brady on his fantasy team.

You really should take a minute or two to look up what is being appealed and what has been decided in this case.

Anyway, In a Federal court, one judge ruled against the NFL. They appealed. In a Federal appeals court, 2 judges ruled for the NFL and one for the NFLPA. Now the NFLPA is appealing. You can review all the rulings and then come back and tell us why it's a "cut and dry case".

Or you can keep yelling at the fans.

Does Dupree have the Supremes on speed dial as well?

Edited by Mr. WEO

You really should take a minute or two to look up what is being appealed and what has been decided in this case.

Anyway, In a Federal court, one judge ruled against the NFL. They appealed. In a Federal appeals court, 2 judges ruled for the NFL and one for the NFLPA. Now the NFLPA is appealing. You can review all the rulings and then come back and tell us why it's a "cut and dry case".

Or you can keep yelling at the fans.

Does Dupree have the Supremes on speed dial as well?

The NFLPA is arguing against the deal they signed. Brady is bound by that deal. The only reason he won round one is because the judge was a pal of Kraft and had a boner for Brady. He also ignored the law being argued. That's why the second court decision flushed it like a turd.

The NFLPA is arguing against the deal they signed. Brady is bound by that deal. The only reason he won round one is because the judge was a pal of Kraft and had a boner for Brady. He also ignored the law being argued. That's why the second court decision flushed it like a turd.

This is the analysis I expected.

I live and learn...