Sam Bradford Wants Out of Philly; Crawls Back to Eagles

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see Bradford going to the Jets, which I am totally fine with - I just don't want the Jets to land Lynch. Hopefully Denver will trade up to get Lynch.

Why? Lynch isn't all that great of a prospect and will take years to develop at best. And if he is all that, someone will take him in the top-7.

Will he give back his $11M signing bonus in order to get traded?

Unless he retires, I'm not sure a player can just simply give back money.

This is what happens when you have an encumbant starter.....and then you take a 1st round QB (which philly probably will)

It doesnt sit well in the locker room

I think it's one thing to take a QB at your spot and another thing altogether to swap firsts, trade next year's first, and 2018's second to move up for a QB

This is what happens when you have an encumbant starter.....and then you take a 1st round QB (which philly probably will)

Locker room? It doesn't sit well with the starter...that's it. What a coward he is. Be a man, take on the challenge, and win your starting job no matter who the Eagles draft. If you can't, suck it up and realize that's on YOU, and help the other guy get ready for game day.

ANYONE that goes after Bradford after this is an idiot (even more than before).

new coaches usually want their own QB. Its A perfect storm for them because they can go 3-13 with said rookie QB and people will have patience and he's not in danger of losing his job right a way.

Locker room? It doesn't sit well with the starter...that's it. What a coward he is. Be a man, take on the challenge, and win your starting job no matter who the Eagles draft. If you can't, suck it up and realize that's on YOU, and help the other guy get ready for game day.

I kinda agree but he's gone next year regardless.....I think it would be difficult to prepare to play knowing this

if you back out the 11m, its a 2 year 24m contract. he would still have to be your starter unless he takes a cut, but there are a couple spots that could happen. bradford at 12m per plus 6m in upgrades elsewhere vs brock at 18m? (or insert other iffy qbs getting big bucks)

Still better than asking to be traded before the pick is even in. Prove your worth!

They may have told him something different before he came back to the team. No doubt he would have had other offers. Bradford was decent last year and considering RG3 who hasnt played in two years is currently a starter and so is Geno Smith and mark Sanchez, he could have made a pretty penny elsewhere

I was never a huge Flutie fan as to often he'd always deflect the blame to others. It was never him! But I did feel at the time he got screwed in a similar way in that he signed with the Bills, then a month or two later the Bill's traded a #1 draft pick for Rob Johnson. I'm sure if Flutie had known they were going to sign Johnson, he'd have never signed here in Buffalo. Granted he wasn't the incumbent starter, but still I'm sure he was led to believe he had a good chance at being the starter, until you trade a #1 pick for someone else.

I kinda agree but he's gone next year regardless.....I think it would be difficult to prepare to play knowing this

I think I hate Bradford more than Brady. And that's saying a lot. I have tons of respect for Brady. But Bradford expects to be treated like a perennial all-pro when he plays like a hot turd sandwich. He's an average starter at best

I think I hate Bradford more than Brady. And that's saying a lot. I have tons of respect for Brady. But Bradford expects to be treated like a perennial all-pro when he plays like a hot turd sandwich. He's an average starter at best

maybe ive missed something but his attitude hasnt been terrible prior to this (and id say that this isnt TERRIBLE in the grand scheme).... its not his fault teams keep paying him.

I have to agree with you on that the fact that he expects waaayyyy too much. He's 25-37 as a starter, he's made over $70mil in his career and has done absolutely nothing at all. He's beyond injury prone. He's should just be lucky to have a job.

I imagine Philly would love to recoup a draft pick for Sam, but this late in the game I don't see anyone stepping up to pay that contract. If you are the Jets, why are you trading a draft pick to pay Bradford the same amount of money Fitz wants? Denver doesn't have the room to pay that. The Browns are rolling with RG3. That's pretty much it in regards to anyone who has an opening to let him play.

Unless he retires, I'm not sure a player can just simply give back money.

He could do this. Recouping cap space requires teams to recoup actual cash from players - and it's very difficult to do. But maybe Bradford negotiates some partial or total payback of his signing bonus to get traded to a team he wants to play for. I'm sure he'd sign a new deal for the new team too.

Browns fans are overjoyed right now.

Edited by BarleyNY

He could do this. Recouping cap space requires teams to recoup actual cash from players - and it's very difficult to do. But maybe Bradford negotiates some partial or total payback of his signing bonus to get traded to a team he wants to play for. I'm sure he'd sign a new deal for the new team too.

If the Eagles can get money back from Bradford, then he most definitely should have to give up his signing bonus and any other guaranteed money in order to get traded.

I think he's knows he's gone after this year so why not just leave now?

if he plays well and they make the playoffs or more, they will get rid of him? I doubt it. Does he not think that scenario is possible? Obviously not. Shows you what he thinks of his own abilities.