Sam Bradford Wants Out of Philly; Crawls Back to Eagles

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite part was him dropping a couple dozen F bombs, the b-word multiple times and even the n-word a couple times, but using a euphemism for ass. 'Cause he

wouldn't want to come off as crude or anything.

What can I say.....he's a wordsmith lol

I hear that his most likely landing spots next season are:

1) PUP

2) IR-Designated to Return

3) IR

I'm glad you went top 3. Number 4 might be a cemetery near you. After 78 million, a beach and/or tee time are real options.

I'm sure most teams would love to do that (and Wentz absolutely needs it) but it's a results-driven business. That type of investment needs to bear fruit at some point, especially if the on-field product isn't good.

Fans get antsy, ownership gets testy. I don't see them holding off as long as they probably need to. I hope they do for Carson's sake, just can't see patience being a virtue.

I get why Sam would feel the need to look elsewhere. It's not long ago that the Eagles made a big commitment to him.

they only gave him a 2yr contract. He chose to take it. What about that to him said he was their long term QB? His agent even said he was upset with the chase Daniel signing. The guy seems mentally soft and wants handed a long term starting gig on a silver platter while having done nothing to earn it. He's never made the playoffs or had a winning record in 6 years and has shown to be both physically and now mentally fragile. IMO

they only gave him a 2yr contract. He chose to take it. What about that to him said he was their long term QB? His agent even said he was upset with the chase Daniel signing. The guy seems mentally soft and wants handed a long term starting gig on a silver platter while having done nothing to earn it. He's never made the playoffs or had a winning record in 6 years and has shown to be both physically and now mentally fragile. IMO

I doubt the Eagles told Bradford when the deal was on the table that they planned to trade up for Wentz for the exact reason you're seeing now. They wanted him secured first before their interest in Wentz went public, just in case the trade isn't feasible. I doubt Sam signs the contract if he knows about it beforehand.

He's done more than the likes of Brock Osweiler and he just got the keys to the car in Houston off the back of a few average games. If you look at him statistically, Bradford is one of the best 32 QB's in the NFL at this point. That might say more about the NFL than it does about Sam.

The comments from Tom Condon are very weird. I can't imagine that he's trying to sabotage his own client, maybe he's just trying to wedge the two parties apart to the point where one (or both) reaches the point of no return. It's a dangerous game because the NFL tends to pray on those they think are weak.

I doubt the Eagles told Bradford when the deal was on the table that they planned to trade up for Wentz for the exact reason you're seeing now. They wanted him secured first before their interest in Wentz went public, just in case the trade isn't feasible. I doubt Sam signs the contract if he knows about it beforehand.

He's done more than the likes of Brock Osweiler and he just got the keys to the car in Houston off the back of a few average games. If you look at him statistically, Bradford is one of the best 32 QB's in the NFL at this point. That might say more about the NFL than it does about Sam.

The comments from Tom Condon are very weird. I can't imagine that he's trying to sabotage his own client, maybe he's just trying to wedge the two parties apart to the point where one (or both) reaches the point of no return. It's a dangerous game because the NFL tends to pray on those they think are weak.

thats exactly what I think his agent is doing. He is making him look so bad, it's the only explanation

The fact that Bradford can demand anything is a reflection of today's NFL where any average to below average QB (Tyrod) gets treated like a king. I can't believe that halfway decent QB's are so hard to find. That just sets the teams with a good QB that much farther apart than the rest of us schmucks that have to overpay for mediocrity

The fact that Bradford can demand anything is a reflection of today's NFL where any average to below average QB (Tyrod) gets treated like a king. I can't believe that halfway decent QB's are so hard to find. That just sets the teams with a good QB that much farther apart than the rest of us schmucks that have to overpay for mediocrity

Blame the scouting process. To a large part, the NFL can't stop drafting guys because they are either white or prototypical size. In some cases, both. Size and skin colour is not a skill.

I'm not a big Vernon Adams fan but he's had zero visits with teams. At the same time, you've got the 'Hackenberg in the 1st' machine ploughing through every barrier of logic.

Edited by Blokestradamus

Word is (take that for what it's worth) that they did talk about drafting a QB & told him he was the guy for 2016. Why you'd sign a 2 year deal and think you were the long term starter is beyond my level of comprehension.

The guy seems mentally soft and wants handed a long term starting gig on a silver platter while having done nothing to earn it. He's never made the playoffs or had a winning record in 6 years and has shown to be both physically and now mentally fragile. IMO

Oh crap now I'm worried we are going to end up with Bradford because the above is exactly how we hire our coaches.

Blame the scouting process. To a large part, the NFL can't stop drafting guys because they are either white or prototypical size. In some cases, both. Size and skin colour is not a skill.

I'm not a big Vernon Adams fan but he's had zero visits with teams. At the same time, you've got the 'Hackenberg in the 1st' machine ploughing through every barrier of logic.

It has nothing to do with scouting. There are not 32 viable starting QB's. Blame the college game if you want, but scouting?

The dearth of quality QB's makes teams reach for them (see Manuel, E. J.) not the scouting process. You take your shot with the guy you think may have a chance.

It has nothing to do with scouting. There are not 32 viable starting QB's. Blame the college game if you want, but scouting?

The dearth of quality QB's makes teams reach for them (see Manuel, E. J.) not the scouting process. You take your shot with the guy you think may have a chance.

It is also the tilting of what used to be a game of balanced effort to one where all the rules favor one position....if played in a certain way....and those who play it that way become the faces not only of their team, but of the league which makes $$$$$$$ for all. Re-balance the game and it would level the QB playing field a bit, but fear of losing $$$$$$ simply will not allow this.

It has everything to do with scouting. Teams take the wrong shots all the time for reasons that make no damn sense. There were teams that didn't like Marcus Mariota last year because of the system he played in. The same this year with Jared Goff. They blame spread schemes for their inability to scout. All of this 'pro-style' bollocks that gets spouted seems to disregard that the majority of teams run spread concepts in the NFL and the majority of snaps are from the shotgun.

There are guys that go undrafted every year that have more talent than some of the guys that go on the first 2 days of the draft. They just simply don't tick the right boxes.

Sean Mannion was a 3rd round pick last year. Chris Bonner spent 2 days with KC in a rookie minicamp and then ended up in the CFL for a while. I know which one was better, it just so happened that playing poorly in the PAC-12 meant more than dominating D2. If you don't draft the talent, you end up in a QB crisis. The NFL has made it for themselves.

I have no idea why Bradford wants a trade. His best spot is right where he is. So what they draft a QB. Obviously with both he and Daniel drawing lots of guaranteed money the Eagles are planning on having their pick sit for this year, if not the next.