Sam Bradford Wants Out of Philly; Crawls Back to Eagles

I will say it again, he should just take his money and play ball.

If he shows well some one will want him.

He appears rather insecure. And he knows he signed a two year deal, so the long term future was a question mark from the get go. Pre Wentz

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok re-word it to this might be "his last chance to earn a long term starting job" if that makes you feel better?

i get the impression that a lot of posters are offended by the contract he was given based on the system in place. the dude is a low level starter that wants his shot to establish himself without fans/execs over his shoulder trying to pull him for an unproven player.

Exactly. He might have signed a show me deal but it doesn't really matter what he shows them, he'll never really be the starter going into the season. Even if he plays lights out they probably don't keep him as a starter, they trade him. Mortgaging your future for a guy riding the bench seems like a quick way to lose your job, and he knows it.

I'm not really supporting him, and think it's tough luck, just eat it. But who can blame the guy for wanting to leave? I bet everyone here would feel the same. The team just traded away a boatload a picks to replace him, and pretty much guaranteeing that they will suck for a while.

This off-season is a little different, because the QB opening in Denver is so enticing to QB's (and their agents). That chance won't be there next season, anyone that wants it, has to get it now.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Exactly. He might have signed a show me deal but it doesn't really matter what he shows them, he'll never really be the starter going into the season. Even if he plays lights out they probably don't keep him as a starter, they trade him. Mortgaging your future for a guy riding the bench seems like a quick way to lose your job, and he knows it.

If he plays well, they will keep him. You don't trade away good QBs. If he believes he'll be, at best, mediocre, then yeah...he is probably worried about being traded.

Who is going to want this guy as their starter? He's super soft mentally and he has never rewarded any team's crazy generosity with consistently solid QB play.

It seems rare I agree with you, but when you're right, you're right.

That said, the QB market is such slim pickin's someone will want him unless he's priced out of their range. His salary this year is $7M, he has $5.5M in signing bonus the Iggles are on the hook for, so relatively speaking he's a bargain if Philly doesn't want too much for him. Chances are ,they do want too much for him. $5.5M for nothing would be a steep price to pay.

thats exactly what I think his agent is doing. He is making him look so bad, it's the only explanation

Sort of like what TT's agent is doing....

Word is (take that for what it's worth) that they did talk about drafting a QB & told him he was the guy for 2016. Why you'd sign a 2 year deal and think you were the long term starter is beyond my level of comprehension.

Deal appears to be a one year deal designed to spread signing bonus over two years - even a non-professional can see that.

and yet here you have been saying "WTF are the eagles doing with their qb position" on this board.

imagine if a company hired you for a single position, and then the new boss brought in his old employee at a premium rate, and then pushed all the companies chips in on a young guy with a harvard degree.... you would probably want to go to a spot where you had a future.

if its just about being a starter - he is the starter right now. but almost no matter how well he plays he will not be the starter for the eagles next year. if they lied to him about plans and stability is important to him i dont think the shame him for not buying in is really warranted.

if we signed chase daniel and then traded up to 2 would you be upset with tyrod for being upset?

If you are an employee who has moved around and then came to new company, worked there a year and they gave you a large new contract with a bonus with requirement that you stay for a year or two to earn that bonus then you stay and no longer use agency which got you the job. If you did not know it was a possibility then you did not prepare and could have had clause in that contract giving you an out or maybe you were afraid if you asked for it you never would have got sweet deal. The guy with Harvard degree has proven nothing and regarding old employee of new boss earn your big contract, if you can't then you never deserved it and be happy you got a sucker to give you one.

Regarding TT upset maybe but if he wanted to hold out I'd make it as tough as possible on him.

That said, the QB market is such slim pickin's someone will want him unless he's priced out of their range. His salary this year is $7M, he has $5.5M in signing bonus the Iggles are on the hook for, so relatively speaking he's a bargain if Philly doesn't want too much for him. Chances are ,they do want too much for him. $5.5M for nothing would be a steep price to pay.

7 mill is in Denver and Jets price range. Lets see what happens now. Both teams need a starter, unless Broncs are happy with Sanchez ?

ricky ‏@pawlikIII
@jchenelly hear anything about buffalo bills wanting sam bradford? And if so whats the price

Joe Chenelly ‏@jchenelly
@pawlikIII Nope. Not at all. Lots of focus on the draft and retaining Tyrod Taylor, but Tyrod's agent is counterproductive to that process.

I've heard they asked for a wet paper bag. I can't see anyone giving that up for Bradford.

I've heard they asked for a wet paper bag. I can't see anyone giving that up for Bradford.

Polian said this morning on Mike and Mike that the last vet QB who was traded went for two 2nds. So he thought the asking price probably started there. But that Phil was under no obligation to trade him and probably won't.

I know if been one of few sympathetic voices to Bradford here but I will clarify that I think that he should show up to mandatory stuff.... But I don't blame his agent for getting a little pushy here. It's April and draft week- if it's ugly in July I won't be chiming in on bradfords side

Cowherd: Sam Bradford's a bust, and here's the QB comparison to prove it

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/philadelphia-eagles-sam-bradford-colin-cowherd-bust-josh-freeman-comparison-042616

What I think may be more of an interesting debate is why teams still pay him a lot of money. I wonder if anyone has theorized that there may be some subconscious racial biases at play (eg, Freeman is a total bust, but Bradford (with identical stats) is not viewed as one?).