Johnny Manziel (update: waived by Browns)

With Manziel out in Cleveland http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14563044/hue-jackson-hiring-means-cleveland-browns-johnny-manziel-done

and Romans preferences for a mobile QB do the Bills take a shot at the dynamic/enigmatic Mr. football?

"Buffalo Bills: Rex Ryan has shown a nearly unmatched willingness to give players second chances, whether it's Richie Incognito, IK Enemkpali or Percy Harvin. "

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If we are gonna give anyone a chance it should be Daryl Washington, He would be a outstanding addition to this D, Before he was suspended he was a top MLB in the NFL. This dude is a flat out beast a sideline to sideline tackling machine with great coverage ability and did i mention a great blitzing LB the last time he played in 2013 had 131tkls, 9sks, 3 int, and 2ff. I'd rather add a all pro talent that fits a big need in Rex D then to add Johnny Crap Ball who would just bring a media circus with him.

DW is still young at 26yrs and hopefully has put his Mary habit on hold till after his playing career is over. When the NFL reinstates him i hope the Bills will be the first team that calls Arz bout a trade. They seem ready to move on without him and can be had relatively cheap based on his off the field habits.

With Manziel out in Cleveland http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14563044/hue-jackson-hiring-means-cleveland-browns-johnny-manziel-done

and Romans preferences for a mobile QB do the Bills take a shot at the dynamic/enigmatic Mr. football?

"Buffalo Bills: Rex Ryan has shown a nearly unmatched willingness to give players second chances, whether it's Richie Incognito, IK Enemkpali or Percy Harvin. "

Surely you can't be serious.

#1 - he's going to dallas

#2 - he's one big distraction that the bills don't need

#3 - it's VERY unlikely he will change his off field behavior.

#4 - on the field he's mediocre at best and not worth the headache.

conclusion...hell no

Edited by papazoid

No.

It's interesting you only quoted the part of that article that fits your agenda that the Bills should give him a look. There was more said about it than this.--- "But Ryan has also long coveted his current starting quarterback, Tyrod Taylor, and the Bills coach has plenty riding on Taylor's performance next season. Adding Manziel would cause an unnecessary distraction, and if Manziel ever became the starter in Buffalo, it would undermine Ryan's decision to make Taylor his starter."

Absolutely not. That would just be stupid. Manziel is worthless, and doesn't deserve a second chance with buffalo. He's done nothing to show that he's a good QB, or that he's a quality human being. Screw him. I'd rather have Tebow, and since Tebow is an awful quarterback with zero NFL skills, that says alot.

Enigmatic? "difficult to interpret or understand; mysterious" What do you find difficult to interpret or understand about JFF?

I was a fan of his during college and am curious to see if a new start with the second chance coach can help.

When a player has talent and puts in the effort, you see if a new start with a second chance coach can help.

When a player has talent but is a total wet mess, you have to see some sign that the player himself wants to stop being a wet mess.

You see any signs JFF wants to stop being a wet mess? Looks to me as though he feels entitled to keep on keeping on being a wet mess.

Edited by Hopeful

Never thought I'd say this but I'd rather have Tebow.

Isn't that sort of like saying "I'd rather have bubonic plague than Ebola virus?"

The first is treatable with antibiotics and less infectious in the normal form absent fleas and rats. But neither is helpful to improving your health.

NO! to Johnny Football = :sick:

NO! to Colin Kaepernick= :sick:

NO! to RG3= :sick:

I'm starting to wonder if we need a pinned thread to discuss "should we trade for?......famed college NFL bust QBs"

Edited by Hopeful

Rather have EJ.

I still think Kaep makes a lot of sense for us. Mobile QB, Roman knows him as well as anyone, we can give him time to get his head right and develop properly and we are going to need a competent backup with Tyrod's style.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

Johnny can't handle being famous and self-medicates

Sometimes, maybe. When he needs a bodyguard to get to the bus or his car gets keyed.

I suspect the bigger part is that Johnny thinks "rich and famous = entitled to non-stop whenever wherever FUN" The idea of having to knuckle down and work consistently and defer his fun in order to succeed is not part of his psyche at this point and a mere getting cut from his drafting team probably won't change that.

He's from a background of wealth and entitlement. He could afford private jets and a BMW before he was drafted . Now he's more wealthy. Why should he defer his gratifications? He's JFF! He can be gratified, AND have football!