Johnny Manziel (update: waived by Browns)

With Manziel out in Cleveland http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14563044/hue-jackson-hiring-means-cleveland-browns-johnny-manziel-done

and Romans preferences for a mobile QB do the Bills take a shot at the dynamic/enigmatic Mr. football?

"Buffalo Bills: Rex Ryan has shown a nearly unmatched willingness to give players second chances, whether it's Richie Incognito, IK Enemkpali or Percy Harvin. "

He's 1 for 3..

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Johnny can play football, or at least he could if he worked at it. It reminds me a little of what Glanville said about the Favre trade to Green Bay.

“I had to get him out of Atlanta. . . . I could not sober him up,” Glanville said. “I sent him to a city where at 9:00 at night the only thing that’s open is Chili Joes. You can get it two ways, with or without onions. And that’s what made Brett Favre make a comeback was going to a town that closed down. If I would have traded him to New York, nobody to this day would have known who Brett Favre ever was.” http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/18/glanvilles-eye-opening-explanation-of-trading-favre/

The problem is Johnny turns into Billy and hops on a plane to Vegas. If you felt that you could get through to the kid it may be worth it.I'm not sure that Rex is that type of coach tough.

Why do people say they love the Bills, yet continuously propose things to hurt the Bills?

Totally agree.

My first thought after reading the OP was "Oh, yeah! That's EXACTLY what this team needs."*

(*Note the sarcasm.)

Seriously, how determined are some of you to head off any hope of success?

Johnny can play football, or at least he could if he worked at it. It reminds me a little of what Glanville said about the Favre trade to Green Bay.

“I had to get him out of Atlanta. . . . I could not sober him up,” Glanville said. “I sent him to a city where at 9:00 at night the only thing that’s open is Chili Joes. You can get it two ways, with or without onions. And that’s what made Brett Favre make a comeback was going to a town that closed down. If I would have traded him to New York, nobody to this day would have known who Brett Favre ever was.” http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/18/glanvilles-eye-opening-explanation-of-trading-favre/

The problem is Johnny turns into Billy and hops on a plane to Vegas. If you felt that you could get through to the kid it may be worth it.I'm not sure that Rex is that type of coach tough.

The difference is Brett Favre grew up in a small town with teachers for parents. He was suddenly in the "big city" with a little bit of money.

Johnny has had a silver spoon in his mouth his entire life. He's never had consequences for his actions, he was an idol at a SEC school at the age of 19. For all we know he's purposely forcing his way out of Cleveland. Now maybe if he's been forced to slum it in the CFL for a couple of years and we give him a shot to get back in the league he might be a changed guy, but partying to get himself out of Cleveland and then handing him another job right away isn't changing anything.

If we are gonna give anyone a chance it should be Daryl Washington, He would be a outstanding addition to this D, Before he was suspended he was a top MLB in the NFL. This dude is a flat out beast a sideline to sideline tackling machine with great coverage ability and did i mention a great blitzing LB the last time he played in 2013 had 131tkls, 9sks, 3 int, and 2ff. I'd rather add a all pro talent that fits a big need in Rex D then to add Johnny Crap Ball who would just bring a media circus with him.

DW is still young at 26yrs and hopefully has put his Mary habit on hold till after his playing career is over. When the NFL reinstates him i hope the Bills will be the first team that calls Arz bout a trade. They seem ready to move on without him and can be had relatively cheap based on his off the field habits.

Has he put his hitting women habit on hold yet?

So zero harm?

Dude he could disrupt the team with his behavior, annoy good players by always doing things his way, and constantly draw distracting press attention. Plus he is very bad at his job.

Holy crap. He's not Charlie Sheen. He's a liquored up Rex.

If he's an FA, there is zero harm in bringing him in.

Disagree. He's a disruption. He's irresponsible. He can't be depended on. He's polarizing. Half his team hates him. Yesh, there's lots of harm in adding him to the team. Not sure how anyone can be a fan of such a douche.

Disagree. He's a disruption. He's irresponsible. He can't be depended on. He's polarizing. Half his team hates him. Yesh, there's lots of harm in adding him to the team. Not sure how anyone can be a fan of such a douche.

Come on man! He's a leader who teammates will certainly follow because of his dedication to the game of football. :rolleyes:

When I see threads like this, I'm convinced there are posters who want nothing to do with a winning Bills team. To paraphrase Alfred from the Dark Knight film, they just want to see the Bills burn.

If he's an FA, there is zero harm in bringing him in.

It amazes me that no matter how big a dumpster fire Manziel is, you still insist he's worth something. I would love to know if there is any limit to your JM devotion? Edited by PromoTheRobot