Johnny Manziel (update: waived by Browns)

Nor is Jonny. You might be the only person I know who thinks there is a chance.

FWIW, the hosts on Sirius NFL have been talking about 'ol Football a lot, NONE of them would take Johnny from what I've heard. Just too much of a potential distraction to any franchise to even mess with.

In this case, I'm with those guys...

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No one thought Tony Romo had a chance. Or Brady.

Whilst they knew nothing about them - sure. Neither of them were in rehab and neither of them looked so utterly overmatched when they got on the football field with professional football players.

I will be the first one to hold my hands up if I am wrong. I thought when he came into the league he might have a bit of early success then flame out - Vince Young was the comparison I think I used. Having seen the mess the last 2 years I don't think he is an NFL player. You can quote this back at me if I am wrong.

No one thought Tony Romo had a chance. Or Brady.

Enough people thought he had enough of a chance that he was selected in the first round, so this idea that he just needs a chance is absurd.

Romo and Brady both showed superior football intellect and character throughout college while Johnny had a rep for avoiding the playbook and film room.

Romo and Brady dedicated themselves to making the most out of the stacked odds against them coming in; Johnny has seen fit to squander his chance in the face of favorable odds coming in.

Romo and Brady maintain sobriety enough to dedicate themselves to fanatical, year round training regimens; Johnny has a drinking problem that has interfered with that since high school.

Johnny was one of the most exciting college QBs ever, at least for one shining season. Unfortunately for him and his legions, that means little to nothing. The world is littered with ex-college QBs just like him who couldn't find success at the next level.

Manziel is done.

GO BILLS!!!

I can't recall the last time I saw this much venom cast a player's way around here.

To be fair it's mostly "not good at football, and looks too irresponsible to fix it even if he might clear the bar physically"

His own repeated news stories and FCs constant defense are creating volume/longevity but the content is pretty bland in the criticism for the most part

Edited by NoSaint

I would sign him; but he'd never come here.

With Manziel out in Cleveland http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14563044/hue-jackson-hiring-means-cleveland-browns-johnny-manziel-done

and Romans preferences for a mobile QB do the Bills take a shot at the dynamic/enigmatic Mr. football?

"Buffalo Bills: Rex Ryan has shown a nearly unmatched willingness to give players second chances, whether it's Richie Incognito, IK Enemkpali or Percy Harvin. "

@AroundTheNFL

Jim Brown: I don't want Johnny Manziel to be traded http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000629766/article/browns-legend-jim-brown-i-dont-want-manziel-to-be-traded

@AP_NFL

Browns owner believes team can work things out with Manziel http://apne.ws/20xHZY5

@twithersAP

But, does Johnny Highball have any desire to remain in Cleveland?

With Manziel out in Cleveland http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14563044/hue-jackson-hiring-means-cleveland-browns-johnny-manziel-done

and Romans preferences for a mobile QB do the Bills take a shot at the dynamic/enigmatic Mr. football?

"Buffalo Bills: Rex Ryan has shown a nearly unmatched willingness to give players second chances, whether it's Richie Incognito, IK Enemkpali or Percy Harvin. "

Get Harvin back and healthy. Screw Manziel, he is shiny object not an NFL QB. T2 is a humble, dynamic talent who did extremely well with one hand tied behind his back playbook-wise. Better option: Give me a healthy Harvin and #23 Williams ; that's the kind of additions we need.

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore

Yea I have nothing against the kid at all. I hope he gets the help he needs because you could easily see him going the way of Ryan Leaf.

What happened to Ryan Leaf off the field that relates? I remember him being a high draft pick going to the chargers that kinda flopped rite?