Johnny Manziel (update: waived by Browns)

Maybe this was covered, but I heard his agent has dropped him. How often does THAT happen? Hats off to the agent for that. It sounds terrible, but it's the kind of wake up he needs. My son knew things were bad when his "best friends" wouldn't answer his phone calls. It doesn't solve anything, but it's one more step. Fortunately, there's always hope.

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Could be facing felony if what is in statement is true

@rlopezwfaa

Sources say Johnny Manziel's ex, Colleen Crowley has given a statement to the Dallas Police department and wants DA to file charges

At this point, that could be the best thing for him.

Could be facing felony if what is in statement is true

@rlopezwfaa

Sources say Johnny Manziel's ex, Colleen Crowley has given a statement to the Dallas Police department and wants DA to file charges

Interesting. http://www.newsnet5.com/sports/browns/dallas-police-announce-criminal-charges-sought-against-johnny-manziel-for-domestic-violence-incident

This is 2 hrs ago. 1 day ago they were saying the investigation was closed and no charges would be filed. Judging from her statement she had her own share of, at the least, questionable behavior involved in the incident (hitting him to try to get out of his car, grabbing a knife in her apartment). Given the spotlight of public awareness the DA will roast on the fires of public opinion from DV advocates if he doesn't pursue it, but roast on the fires of public opinion from those who still worship at the shrine of JFF if he does.

Have fun Mr or Ms DA Don't Get Hurt.

Edited by Hopeful

His dad needs to stop talking to the police, locate his son, and call the cops to tell them he is a danger to himself and others. Tough love is needed herr

I meant to say, stop talking to the press

Reportedly the family tried to admit him to a addiction treatment facility on Tuesday, saying just that:

"He tried to have his son admitted Tuesday to Carrollton Springs Hospital, but Manziel was allowed to leave. Paul Manziel said he told a Denton County Sheriff officer he believed his son to be suicidal." If the father tries to present a case that his son is an imminent danger to himself and others and have him involuntarily committed, and the police/judge don't buy it, what exactly else can he do?

I'm not sure what kind of "tough love" you think is appropriate? The usual context of "tough love" is an adult child who is dependent upon the parents for something - housing, car, food, money, legal representation, negotiation with authorities - and the parents cut the kid off, even if it means they may be out on the street or subject to legal procedures. Johnny Manziel has received something like $5.5M in signing bonus and salary from the Browns the last two years. He is independently wealthy and can afford his own hotel rooms, houses, cars, drinks, drugs, lawyers, etc etc. The time for "tough love" would seem to have passed - what did you have in mind?

I'm not sure it's a good thing or a bad thing for the father to talk to the press. If he thinks that the law doesn't want to step in to help his son get the help he needs because he's a famous football player, then perhaps he thinks he needs to put it out there that his son is a deeply troubled kid who needs help so that the next time he tries to get him into treatment, maybe it'll work. I suppose that could be seen as a form of "tough love" if the parents have been helping to "cover" for him with the press and now they're ripping off the cover. I don't know.

I've gone from "What an idiot" To very scared for this individual.

Many on this board know my own history dealing with mental illness. Its awful and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I consider myself to be very lucky to have gotten the help and support I did.

I hope Johnny does too. Its worth it

Best post of the thread. Keep up the good work. Edited by Bill from NYC