Johnny Manziel (update: waived by Browns)

At the moment the game pales into insignificance. Johnny needs to worry about sorting his life out. If he can football will still be there and he might get another shot... but for now he has bigger concerns.

Yea, he has prison in his near future for something and maybe death if he doesn't sort it out. NFL is not in his future.

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Johnny Manziel should be in jail.

Or, at best, he should be out on bail, with charges hanging over his head.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/forget-his-football-future-%e2%80%94-why-isnt-johnny-manziel-in-jail/ar-BBpbexX?ocid=spartanntp

crowley should have pressed charges after the Avon incident, based on what she initially told police happened that day, but she didn't so it happened again. Relationships are tricky at any age but especially 23, this one seems dysfunctional at best, at that point they were still together and she was protecting him from getting in trouble, cut from the team, Etc. But while she seems to have her own issues, I don't think she is making anything up. this is twice in a few months. Can't really give manziel the benefit of the doubt here. Glad it is being investigated for everyone's sake. Edited by YoloinOhio

hes an alcoholic and so is his girlfriend this isn't about football this is just a sad life story. I hope they both get help anti depressants and alcohol can end up in tragedy

manziel had serious substance abuse issues. I don't know if she's an alcoholic herself, but she is/was in a relationship with one, so by drinking/partying like she does, it's the worst thing she can do if she wants to help him recover. Edited by YoloinOhio

Cut Greg Little (a guy who will never be a player in this league) and give his spot to JFF. Tell him if he makes one mistake, he's done.

He all ready made one mistake...over and over.

he'll be out of the game, IMO.

And broke by 2019 having filed for bankruptcy.

He all ready made one mistake...over and over.

And broke by 2019 having filed for bankruptcy.

his family is independently wealthy from oil money. His parents have never worked. His dad called it not "warren buffet money, but close." He has no fear of financial ruin, another reason he's not committed to his craft. When he was in either HS or college his parents tried to get him to stop drinking by buying him a luxury car. This is his life. He's never been held accountable. Edited by YoloinOhio

his family is independently wealthy from oil money. His parents have never worked. His dad called it not "warren buffet money, but close." He has no fear of financial ruin, another reason he's not committed to his craft.

His parents do run some family businesses...his parents I think run car dealerships. They are grounded and sane. His grandpa was was indicted for murder I think and pretty notorious. Looks like it skipped his parents and went to JFF.

His parents do run some family businesses...his parents I think run car dealerships. They are grounded and sane. His grandpa was was indicted for murder I think and pretty notorious. Looks like it skipped his parents and went to JFF.

i see, I thought I read they never worked. Thought it was the wright Thompson piece. Skips a generation indeed.

i see, I thought I read they never worked. Thought it was the wright Thompson piece. Skips a generation indeed.

I'm sure they manage the other family businesses as well. I bet manziel's sister gets the family money over Johnny as he is probably out of the family trust for liability reasons.

He'll get another chance. Even Ryan Leaf got chances with 3 teams.

Yeah, but even Ryan Leaf looks at Manziel and says "whoa." Apparently Leaf's substance abuse issues didn't start until he was out of the league.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/02/05/ryan-leaf-on-manziels-situation-i-dont-necessarily-think-the-nfl-has-much-to-offer/

Crazy question, does it even matter that Manziel has only played 2 seasons? I mean by all accounts Manziel is not even qualified yet for an NFL pension. Why is he due anything from the NFL? This isn't something that was caused by the League. This isn't due to an injury. Why is Manziels family not doing more. I fail to see why the NFL is responsible at all for this.

Crazy question, does it even matter that Manziel has only played 2 seasons? I mean by all accounts Manziel is not even qualified yet for an NFL pension. Why is he due anything from the NFL? This isn't something that was caused by the League. This isn't due to an injury. Why is Manziels family not doing more. I fail to see why the NFL is responsible at all for this.

Manziel's family has tried to get him into treatment, but he's not willing or ready to face his issues. They can't MAKE him get treatment. I don't know that anyone is looking for something special from the league, other than he's a human being who needs help - even if he can't recognize that yet.

They aren't

I haven't seen anyone make that argument yet

He's probably thinking I did.

Even though I didn't. I made the argument that the NFL would be smart to do something. Not that they were obligated to.

His owner, who for all intents and purposes is "the NFL," tried reaching out to him, but was rebuffed. And Goodell can only suspend him for 6 games right now, and even that might be enough to get through to him.