Someone needs to go - who is it??

San-O

It seems Rex Ryan is not the answer as HQ: he's not. He is under contract for how many more years? 3?

The team is a penalty waiting to happen, Rex doesn't seem to be able to manage a game correctly, and the D has regressed under his system.

Who goes after this season, because it it isn't going to be him.

Thurman would seem the obvious choice. Where has he been besides Baltimore? I don't know.

It seems Rex Ryan is not the answer as HQ: he's not. He is under contract for how many more years? 3?

The team is a penalty waiting to happen, Rex doesn't seem to be able to manage a game correctly, and the D has regressed under his system.

Thurman would seem the obvious choice. Where has he been besides Baltimore? I don't know.

Well, I'd start with the Team Chaplain. There is a deep spiritual void here. That, and the fact that he's one of the worst in-game tacticians I've seen among the NFL Chaplaincy ranks.

Well, I'd start with the Team Chaplain. There is a deep spiritual void here. That, and the fact that he's one of the worst in-game tacticians I've seen among the NFL Chaplaincy ranks.

Seriously... Who goes?

Whaley can't pick a QB or a Head Coach.

Ryan isn't getting any better. Pass on him.

D Coordinator Thurman has taken a top 2-3 D and turned them into a top 15-20 D.

E.J., TT?

I would say Thurmon, the D seems to be picking up the scheme a bit more but Ryan hasn't had a D that rated real well since Pettine left . Thurmon was a Defensive backs coach right ? While Pettine was there ?

Jordan Gay: Can't even kick in end zone anymore and it's his only job

Carpenter: Can't make extra point

Boobie: Good guy but useless on the field

Crossman ST Coordinator: Worst it's been in years

Thurman: He should be the fall guy even tho it's Rex's D,but I have a hard time believing Rex would fire him

Who on the Bills has been with the staff throughout this entire playoff drought?

Who had their hand in bringing in Buddy Nix?

Who had their hand in bringing in Doug Whaley?

Who was one of the main men in the meetings that brought us Doug Marrone?

Who was one of the main men in the meetings that brought us Rex Ryan?

Who does Terry Pegula follow out of the tunnel during home and away games?

Russ Brandon. I'd start with him. And don't tell me he has nothing to do with football, he's actually had a lot to do with football. He won't go though, he actually just got a promotion. The guy is incredible at selling hope and selling himself apparently. If I were owner he'd be the very first person I'd remove from the building.

yes lets switch coaches again that what the good organizations do. We would have run McCarthy out of town when he went 6-10 for Green Bay but..THEY didn't do it why ? Because they understand it's not a one year deal. Our fans win or your out- back on the merry go round

+1. Continue to build the roster to fit the new systems on both sides of the call and magically the plays that are called work. Edited by YoloinOhio

Discipline has been the biggest achillies heel of this team in 2015 and that starts with the head coach.

But I also believe that changing the coaching regime may also set this team back another 3-5 years, and I'm confident in speaking for the rest of the Bills fan base when I say we really can't stomach anymore of that.

Players also need to execute and Rex cannot do that for them.

So I say stick it out with Rex one more year and if it unravels worse in 2016, cut ties with him...

I dont think you do anything TBH. You let these guys ride it out. Pegula invested years and money in Ryan. Cant trash it now. Let it ride on them, Worst case the Bills get some decent picks. I feel very good about Whaley's track record as GM in that department.

If this team takes a step back in 2016 and 2017. Then I think you explore blowing it up.

IMO, Pegula needed to install the head football man who knows how to build a winning program. He needed to do that before the end of 2014. He needed to do that with the Sabres in 2011. He didnt. Instead, he doubled down in house and selected a few shiny toys, thinking its a simple sum-game. The resources/money just magnify the organizational shortcomings, not fix them. The Sabres needed to be torn down to the studs, and I believe the Bills will have to be torn down to the studs in a couple years. I wish he had learned his lesson.

Edited by May Day 10

Being a Bills fan is not for the faint of heart, guys. Stop wringing your hands and having a tantrum every thanksgiving and acting like we're a bad team. We haven't been bad since 2011. We just are taking our own damn sweet time to go from being pretty good to being very good... Which is the part that really rests on the QB position. The rest of the team is good. Some of our weaknesses this year have been exposed by injuries, which every team will have happen to them, but are able to mask by a franchise QB's play.

Our current GM had a major role in assembling the most talent we've had in 20 years, and has shown the ability to get rid of past-their-prime players and make tough calls on cuts or not re-signing players. Most of our problems this year will be addressed by a skilled GM, and the hunt for/ development of a "Franchise QB" will continue... As it will for 15 other teams. I like our GM, in the mean time.

Being a Bills fan is not for the faint of heart, guys. Stop wringing your hands and having a tantrum every thanksgiving and acting like we're a bad team. We haven't been bad since 2011. We just are taking our own damn sweet time to go from being pretty good to being very good... Which is the part that really rests on the QB position. The rest of the team is good. Some of our weaknesses this year have been exposed by injuries, which every team will have happen to them, but are able to mask by a franchise QB's play.

Our current GM had a major role in assembling the most talent we've had in 20 years, and has shown the ability to get rid of past-their-prime players and make tough calls on cuts or not re-signing players. Most of our problems this year will be addressed by a skilled GM, and the hunt for/ development of a "Franchise QB" will continue... As it will for 15 other teams. I like our GM, in the mean time.

Do you think they draft a QB this year?

Early (say they pick 10-15)?

Or take a flier in the 3rd-5th?

Just curious, I dont know. What I do know is Pegula subscribes to the 'pick a QB every year' philosophy, which is why the Sabres have acquired so many prospect goalies in the past 5 years.

Jordan Gay: Can't even kick in end zone anymore and it's his only job

Carpenter: Can't make extra point

Boobie: Good guy but useless on the field

Crossman ST Coordinator: Worst it's been in years

Thurman: He should be the fall guy even tho it's Rex's D,but I have a hard time believing Rex would fire him

Overhaul special teams - Keep schmidt. Thats it. They have consistently shown all they can do is get penalties, and screw up at inopportune times. Killing us in field position.

Edited by dneveu

Do you think they draft a QB this year?

Early (say they pick 10-15)?

Or take a flier in the 3rd-5th?

Just curious, I dont know. What I do know is Pegula subscribes to the 'pick a QB every year' philosophy, which is why the Sabres have acquired so many prospect goalies in the past 5 years.

I'm feeling, lately, that they might cut ties with Mario, which would greatly free up the money for Gilmore, Glenn, and Incognito, and at least in NY, Rex liked DL high in the draft. Weakening our DL by losing Mario likely has us picking a DL with one of our top 2 picks, and we almost have to get a LB or S in the first 3 rounds, too, so might not be room to get a QB unless someone falls and you simply cannot ignore him. I don't see it happening. Unless we fill one of these positions I mentioned in FA, before the draft.

AJ Tarpley obviously.

There will be no changes. The team has to give this coaching staff at least two seaons to make their philosophy works. What they need is more discipline.

Russ Brandon. I'd start with him. And don't tell me he has nothing to do with football, he's actually had a lot to do with football. He won't go though, he actually just got a promotion. The guy is incredible at selling hope and selling himself apparently. If I were owner he'd be the very first person I'd remove from the building.

Bad news for you. RB will be the LAST guy to leave the building. He has made ownership a TON of money. And I doubt he has much impact now on football decisions

I would can the D coordinator and the WR coach

Edited by MarkyMannn

Thurman. If Pettine loses his gig in Cleveland then bring him back to run the D. Rex would be hands off then and things would change for the better.

Fire everybody!! Pegula, Brandon, Whaley, the analytics guy, The entire roster except Colton Schmidt and Josh Johnson, The team Chaplain, Rex, Roman, Billy the Buffalo, Chris Brown, Erin Kelly, The usher in section 306 who claimed I was too drunk, and the drumline. All of em!!!!1!!

No Way !!!! Keep the Drumline

It was Pegulas who hired Rex he isn't going anywhere

yes lets switch coaches again that what the good organizations do. We would have run McCarthy out of town when he went 6-10 for Green Bay but..THEY didn't do it why ? Because they understand it's not a one year deal. Our fans win or your out- back on the merry go round

But dont you remember when the Dolphins were able to turn it around in 1 year, back in like 2005? Or the Falcons in 2001? See it happens all the time!