Bill from NYC

Very sorry to hear this--Bill's weekly "column" on the Bills game is de riguer reading for all Bills fans, win or lose.

While I've never met your dad, from reading his posts over the years it's clear that he's a great guy and a big family man. My thoughts and prayers to him and all the rest of your family.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 things I think about Bill from NYC

1. Bill is a family first man.

2. Bill is proud to root for the only team that plays in NYS.

3. Bill is an integral member of this dysfunctional family.

4. Bill's 10 things he thinks are a must read during the season.

5. Roll Tide.

6. A box of rain will ease your pain, and love will see you through.

7. Bill thinks that the Bills need to go O-line early in the 2016 draft.

8. Bill knew that the Spiller pick was a mistake when it happened.

9. Bill may not be from Missouri, but, he's a "show me" kind of guy.

10. We are less until you are back posting.

11. Long before there ever was a TBD there was Bill from NYC calling into WGR to share his elation after games during the SB era in his distinctive-for-a-Bills fan NYC accent. Always looked forward to hearing his calls during the postgame celebrations. He's been an impact Bills fan for a long time!

Hi everyone, I am so sorry if this is not an appropriate thing to post. I am Bill From NYC's daughter, and I know he really likes posting here. He had a stroke and is in the hospital. Could you please pray for him? The Bills community is like family to him.

Thank you!

Amanda

hello Amanda,

My father had a stroke when I was 19-20 years old. It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to go through in my life. Some of the smallest things like my dad giving me a thumbs up and me giving him a thumbs up back meant the world to both of us. It made me realize that he would be ok even though he couldn't speak. And it let him know that I would be there for him and be strong no matter what.

Be there for your dad. Of course we will all pray for him. He's a great friend around here and there isn't anyone here that doesnt wish him the best. Please send my best to him. Tell him we will miss him around here for a while until he gets healthy and comes back. We look forward to seeing him post again soon.

Be strong for him. That's what he would want.

Amanda, God bless you, you Father and your family. You are all in our prayers.

Mark

10 things I think about Bill from NYC

1. Bill is a family first man.

2. Bill is proud to root for the only team that plays in NYS.

3. Bill is an integral member of this dysfunctional family.

4. Bill's 10 things he thinks are a must read during the season.

5. Roll Tide.

6. A box of rain will ease your pain, and love will see you through.

7. Bill thinks that the Bills need to go O-line early in the 2016 draft.

8. Bill knew that the Spiller pick was a mistake when it happened.

9. Bill may not be from Missouri, but, he's a "show me" kind of guy.

10. We are less until you are back posting.

You nailed the Dead lyric, thanks for that. Continued prayers...

For every person that passes along their well wishes, there are probably about 500 members who read your weekly review and don't post.

Get well soon. Reading "a few thoughts..." is either the cherry on top of a bills win or a cathartic experience after a bills loss. Usually the latter, unfortunately.

Best of luck to the only poster here who knows more about football than I do. :)

btw, this should be pinned on the main wall properly, not linked....whats with this half-assed measure? if we can pin a tailgate post, we can pin this

Edited by QB Bills

Just now saw this very scary news.

I hope as we all do that your dad has a full recovery.

He's an important cog here.

Big wheel turn by the grace of God,
Every time that wheel turn 'round,
Bound to cover just a little more ground.
The wheel is turning and you can't slow down,

You can't let go and you can't hold on,
You can't go back and you can't stand still,
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will.
Won't you try just a little bit harder,

Couldn't you try just a little bit more?

Thank you for the update, Amanda. I'm relieved to learn your Dad is doing as well as he is! I'm also glad you're a competent texter, cuz you are now your Dad's recording administrator. Feel free to add a lyric or 2 from your favorite group, but we're all looking forward to your post-game '10 Things'.

In the meantime, Get well soon, Bill!

Gotham Bill,

As an Alabama fan could you do me a favor? Could you encourage Nick Saban to lighten up and work on his dour personality. Did he go to the Doug Marrone school of charm? Also could you tell Nick Saban that those cupcakes he puts on his schedule hurt his team's ranking more than helps its ranking.

Didn't I warn you about encouraging Tyrod Taylor to run more? You know that I am not the type to say I told you so; however, I told you so.

I always look forward to your take on the games on Monday. It stimulates the best responses from an unruly cast of characters. I'm not into your music (Geez Bill you can do better--- the tie dye look has been outdated for more than a generation now!) but I'm willing to tolerate snippets of their lyrics in order to find out what you are thoughts are on the games.

Take care. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Hi everyone, I am so sorry if this is not an appropriate thing to post. I am Bill From NYC's daughter, and I know he really likes posting here. He had a stroke and is in the hospital. Could you please pray for him? The Bills community is like family to him.

Thank you!

Amanda

Amanda,

Your father, whom I've only met on here, strikes me as a wonderful man. I wish him a speedy recovery and will keep your entire family in my prayers.

RJ