SF FA guard Mike Iupati (update: going to Cardinals)

CJPearl2

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what makes him one-dimensional - why do you think he is one of the highest rated guards available and a 3 time pro bowler?

He's known not to be a great pass blocker. Gave up a ton of sacks last year. Near tops in league. Although without seeing the plays it's tough to know what happened. But he's a very average pass blocker from all indications.

what makes him one-dimensional - why do you think he is one of the highest rated guards available and a 3 time pro bowler?

Fans vote on Pro Bowlers that's useless information. He's an elite run blocker but an average pass protector and can be beat by simple stunts.

The gap in pressures allowed from the top 2-3 guards vs say 10th is normally pretty minimal but the gap in pay is pretty large. I'd rather the money go elsewhere and get simply a strong vet not the elite guard.

A strong vet won't give you the satisfaction of sporting a Lupati jersey.

He's known not to be a great pass blocker. Gave up a ton of sacks last year. Near tops in league. Although without seeing the plays it's tough to know what happened. But he's a very average pass blocker from all indications.

Average pass blocker helps the screen game. :) Since the Bills might be running 82% of the time and running screens to Watkins and McCoy 13% of the time I don't see a problem.

NOTE: The other 5% are ST's plays and kneel downs. :)

Average pass blocker helps the screen game. :) Since the Bills might be running 82% of the time and running screens to Watkins and McCoy 13% of the time I don't see a problem.

NOTE: The other 5% are ST's plays and kneel downs. :)

sshhh dont give it away already.

We want the Run game to be successful first and foremost.

He broke his ankle in the NFC Championship game. Was he 100%? How did the line play around him? The entire unit struggle last year and Staley was a liability as well.

Staley was the one guy who wasn't a liability.

He broke his ankle in the NFC Championship game. Was he 100%? How did the line play around him? The entire unit struggle last year and Staley was a liability as well.

Niners lost Daniel Kilgore, their center early on in the season. His replacement was very colin brown-esque. It hurt the play of the OL for sure. He's exactly what we're looking for IMO as we plan to pound the rock and create big hashing holes for McCoy to romp through. Not as fan of his potential contract of 8.5, but he could be the difference between a good offense and a crap offense that can't move the chains.

Oaklands gotta get someone - simply put the floors about to force them to overpay guys just to pay someone

They have like $60 million in space smartly over pay for a few players to get some talent and make people want to go there

They have like $60 million in space smartly over pay for a few players to get some talent and make people want to go there

yep I can see Percy Harvin ending up there amongst others who want big paydays but might not find it elsewhere. I would find it curious if the raiders didn't sign Wisniewski but brought in Iupati. I would like to have Wisniewski here.

Can't wait for "Lupati" to be signed somewhere else so this thread can die.

Sure, but Lou Potty is such a great name! I would love for fans at SJF chant that from the stands to welcome him. Then ask for his autograph. :bag:

I really want one out of Iupati, Boling or Wisnewski. I'll take any one of them, they are far and way better than the rest of the interior linemen.

One of those 3 and Bulaga should be our top two targets.

I could see Iupati getting 5/$40 with 25 mil guaranteed.

We could sign him at $7-$8 mil of our cap, but he would let us cut $5 mil of salary in Urbik and Williams.

Giving up $3 mil of cap room for Iupati seems to be a no brainer.

John Murphy just said he is going to jets

The Jets have NOT signed Mike Iupati. At least not yet.

I don't see it anywhere save for a fake report from a fake twitter that fooled a couple of reporters and was retracted.

I'm guessing Murphy was fooled too.

Edited by BillsFanForever19