SF FA guard Mike Iupati (update: going to Cardinals)

CJPearl2

This commentator says there are two free gent guards to get then a dropoff.

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2015G.php

Good thing the Bills only need 2 guards...and one knows Roman.

Fire up the machine Doug.

Don't go to Walter Football for analysis, insight, or anything really. I used to enjoy the site but he has been mailing it in for a couple of years now.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't go to Walter Football for analysis, insight, or anything really. I used to enjoy the site but he has been mailing it in for a couple of years now.

even before that, he was just you or i -- its not like he had access or training. just a dude named walter with a website. which is cool, but also a take it for what it is situation.

Roman the reported newly signed OC from SanFran will be a great boost to our OL play. I have the feeling that Roman will be able to put Cyrus in the best position to succeed and that should hold true for the entire OL also. Good Def and OL line play is crucial to a teams' success and if we can get our OL fixed this will boost our run and passing and enable our QB play to be more productive. I foresee better offense production next season and if the D remains just as good as 2014 the 2015 schedule (on paper) should enable us to make the playoffs and the sky is the limit once we breach that obstacle.

Edited by Profitspro

even before that, he was just you or i -- its not like he had access or training. just a dude named walter with a website. which is cool, but also a take it for what it is situation.

I think that is what I enjoyed most was that he was just some guy. Then he got full of himself and it went downhill. To top it off the Bills have never made a smart move in his opinion. Every single move gets trashed. His mock drafts play out like he just uses Kiper's rankings.

Like you said take it for what it is and to me it ain't much.

We need depth on the OL and paying one guy as good as Iupati the SanFran FA a lot of money may not be wise. I trust Ryan and Roman to suggest good guards in the draft or Free agency. My view is that with OL play the LT and C are the most important and if big money is to be spent for a pricey FA it should be for these OL positions. That said I don't think we need to chase down pricey free agents for the OL and I am confident the tandem of Ryan and Roman together have the necessary experience to make good recommendations to Whaley in this regard.

Edited by Profitspro

Top FA guard available. He just made his third straight pro bowl. Pay him and fix a major problem.

We need to take care of our own FIRST then think about brining in others . I know guard is a need for our team & i think Whaley & company will or have found the guys to fill that whole , but only time will tell .

If we get a really good O line guy i think he can do wonders with the young talent that we have & get rid of the old O line coach & players like Pears & add the draft this year or FA (as long as we don't have to mortgage the farm to get a guy) .

It can be done !!

• 5 weeks later...

There is not a pending free agent named "Mike Lupati" his name is "Mike Iupati." It is hard to argue that you really want a guy if you don't know his name. I wasn't going to start this thread but I have seen it in like 30 different places. I am not sure if this thread should be deleted or pinned? :)

There is not a pending free agent named "Mike Lupati" his name is "Mike Iupati." It is hard to argue that you really want a guy if you don't know his name. I wasn't going to start this thread but I have seen it in like 30 different places. I am not sure if this thread should be deleted or pinned? :)

It's become something akin to a board-wide joke now. It started with a thread dedicated to signing "FA guard Lupati", and several folks made the exact point you're making here...then it kind of snowballed into a number of people using "Lupati" as an homage to the thread I just mentioned.

I'm fairly certain most (all) posters know it's Iupati

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/174600-san-frans-fa-lg-mike-lupati/?hl=lupati

I would be surprised if Sf doesn't re-sign him if he is so great

I think smart teams don't want to spend big money on a G. I think MI is legit and the type of tough G Rex would love. But I jsut don't think it is wise to spend that much on that position. I won't mind it because I like the player a lot but I don't know if it would be the wisest move long term.

I think smart teams don't want to spend big money on a G. I think MI is legit and the type of tough G Rex would love. But I jsut don't think it is wise to spend that much on that position. I won't mind it because I like the player a lot but I don't know if it would be the wisest move long term.

ok so we wouldn't want to either then... I'm guessing... Too much for a G