SF FA guard Mike Iupati (update: going to Cardinals)

CJPearl2

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have zero confidence in Richardson, Urbik and Williams. After watching the horrific guard play last year, I am willing to have them spend for someone who can play. Going on the cheap and "coaching them up" was Marrone's demise (and in my mind his legacy). Guards have to deal with monsters like Suh, Wilfork, Darreus, McCoy, Sheldon Richardson et al. You NEED good guards to succeed against the upper end DT's that are now routinely high 1st round picks. It's not like the old days with fat guy space eating DT's that couldn't move. Pay for one good guard at least. You got Incognito on the cheap. Draft one too.

It wouldn't bother me in the slightest to shoot for a right tackle as well. Seantrel Henderson has promise but he was mediocre at best last year. Make all the young guys compete and earn their spots

Edited by norton20

Lupati.

Please frequent the board enuf to get the spelling correct.

Lupati.

----------------

And after the initial infatuation around these-here parts, wasnt it generally promoted that he's not only tired and broken down, but that his strength in roadgrading is just as noticeable as his weakness in pass-pro.

Pass. Pun intended.

Lupati.

Edited by maddenboy

Lupati.

Lupati.

----------------

And after the initial infatuation around these-here parts, wasnt it generally promoted that he's not only tired and broken down, but that his strength in roadgrading is just as noticeable as his weakness in pass-pro.

Pass. Pun intended.

Lupati.

Iupati

Lupati.

Lupati.

----------------

Pass. Pun intended.

Lupati.

I ooh potty

Maddenboy you got you're spelling, pronunciation, and my board frequency all !@#$ed up.

(sir, I'm referring to the fun time we have had on this board for over a month. There was an OP who misspelled the name in the thread title. We had some fun with it and the name Lupati just stuck. Its kind of like a code or something. I intend no disrespect to you. But 'round these parts, its Lupati).

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/buffalo-bills-rumors/2015/3/5/8158041/mike-iupati-david-harris-buffalo-bills-free-agency-targets-2015

Let's see what condiment these guys add next. I think we all think Harris will be here, will they shell out the dough needed to bring iupati here?

rather have Clint Bolling who is a better pass blocker and cheaper

I want Hughes back and we have to sign Dareus next yr and dont forget there will be a lot of available qb's next yr too. I think putting a lot of money into a Guard is not smart. There are cheaper options in FA and the draft.

such as

Eli, Rothlesberger, Bradford, Cam, RG3, Luck, Bears will cut Cutler, Foles will probably be available too, and a few backups that are better than anyone we have

You forgot Wilson, Rivers and Tannehill. Might as well mention Fitz, Stanton, Shaub and Cousins while we are at it. Even Cassell will hit FA next year.

Will be a huge year of re-signed QBs.

perfect.

People call wgr and continue to call him this. I understand it's a running joke on here with some but I'm convinced most people don't understand the difference between I and L.

L think those people are Ldiots.

I've asked this before but can't remember the answer. If Boling is the better pass blocker and all-around G, why is he cheaper?

Iupati made the Pro Bowl 12,13,14 but pass protection is not the best

but I would assume nfl GMs are aware of who is better regardless of the PB elections, right? If Boling is the better G, I have to think he will be more expensive.

Iupati is the better overall player. He's flat-out dominant in the run game, and is slightly above average in pass protection. He'd be well above average if he were fully recovered from his leg injury; not sure that's the case.

Boling is, IMO, a very good guard. His skills are balanced between the run game and pass protection. He's probably moderately better in pass pro than Iupati, but Boling doesn't dominate in the run game the way Iupati does; Boling is merely effective.

I'm guessing Iupati is $8M+ (maybe even $9M...let's remember that Levitre got $8M), whereas Boling is probably a $6M/year guy.

Iupati is the better overall player. He's flat-out dominant in the run game, and is slightly above average in pass protection. He'd be well above average if he were fully recovered from his leg injury; not sure that's the case.

Boling is, IMO, a very good guard. His skills are balanced between the run game and pass protection. He's probably moderately better in pass pro than Iupati, but Boling doesn't dominate in the run game the way Iupati does; Boling is merely effective.

I'm guessing Iupati is $8M+ (maybe even $9M...let's remember that Levitre got $8M), whereas Boling is probably a $6M/year guy.

ok - on WGR just now they said Iupati is 8m and Boling 4m. Just makes no sense based on the assessments I've read of both. Many who feel Boling is, at worst, just as good. I had a feeling it was just low balling what they think Boling will get. If he's a 6m guy that makes more sense.