Incarcerated Bob Tweet - Marrone

i'm shocked to see that any of you think Marrone is a good coach. i wouldn't want him coaching my team. i'd take pretty much any of the candidates out there that have been discussed over him. i'm sure the Jets fans are happy that they are going to pass on st. doug

kdiggz, you've been around here long enough to know that a significant number of fans and posters on this forum will automatically default to taking the position of whoever leaves the Bills. It must mean the Bills screwed up.

After fifteen years of futility I won't take these fans too much to task, but that stuff gets old -- particularly when one can see a lot of good things as well.

The Bills are going to find a desirable head coach, keep the defense intact, and continue their evolution into a relevant organization.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha!

Manish Mehta reported he was interviewing with ATL today.

If he doesn't get a HC job this year, the likelihood he ever does is very low, IMO.

Not out of the question for long time owners to have called El Pegul and asked about what the real story is. even though he is new as a owner I am sure the respect for him is higher than the moron.

He is damaged goods and smart owners will keep there distance, should have kept his trap shut.The guy is jerk and will be blackballed, insulted Terry will speak with other owners not too waste there money on this clown.

Edited by Niagara Dude

Folks, this is a rare "win-win" situation for Bills fans. If Marrone doesn't get a HC job, then he just walked away from $8 million and a great job with an up-an-coming team and we can laugh at him forever. If the Jets hire him, then we get two virtually automatic wins on the schedule, at least until Woody smartens up. And we get to look forward to him coming back to the Ralph. The only result that would suck is Marrone getting hired by someone in the NFC.

Take it for what it's worth but he usually has a pulse on the NY Jets.

Apparently Marrone is out as a HC candidate. Too funny if his evil little plan blows up in his face.

https://mobile.twitter.com/incarceratedbob/status/552187287694737409

Now @mortreport is pretty much saying the same thing

https://mobile.twitter.com/DylanStebbins/status/552191319154909185

But that was his dream job !!

I'm not convinced there's still not a handshake agreement in place with woody.

Those slime balls are just stalling to hire him after a GM is in place to downplay the tampering allegations.

Obviously.

I agree with this unfortunately. I would be very surprised if Marrone is not coaching the Jets next season.

That is what I thought his strengths were. His team was very physical and adopted a mentality of the underdog. They played with a chip on their shoulders. He is not an "X" & 'O" guy which a coordinator needs to be. He is a dictator in many ways which only works as a HC. His jerky style would hurt him in recruiting at the college level. A pro HC is his best fit and he may not get that chance again.

I was more talking about their styles. Rex Ryan is a mastermind at coaching defense. Marv was a great leader but not good at designing a game plan. That was never his strength.

I don't see that at all. Every team has the underdog mentality drilled into them. That's not anything new. Its the first thing you hear, even from championship teams.

As for being physical, I think you can thank the defense for that. Guy was hands off in regards to the D. He also clashed with chippy players on the team, so what does that tell you about how he wanted tough teams?

Doug "I don't like fighting...it doesn't belong on my field" Marrone deserves credit for hiring two good defensive coordinators (and that's assuming he was the driving force behind both of those hires, which I'm not entirely sure of). And that's it. He honestly did absolutely nothing else positive for this team. This is why I say that when you look at it as getting the most out of what they were given, he really is the worst coach of the drought era. The other guys had their issues, but no coach squandered as much talent as this jobber.

I don't see that at all. Every team has the underdog mentality drilled into them. That's not anything new. Its the first thing you hear, even from championship teams.

As for being physical, I think you can thank the defense for that. Guy was hands off in regards to the D. He also clashed with chippy players on the team, so what does that tell you about how he wanted tough teams?

Doug "I don't like fighting...it doesn't belong on my field" Marrone deserves credit for hiring two good defensive coordinators (and that's assuming he was the driving force behind both of those hires, which I'm not entirely sure of). And that's it. He honestly did absolutely nothing else positive for this team. This is why I say that when you look at it as getting the most out of what they were given, he really is the worst coach of the drought era. The other guys had their issues, but no coach squandered as much talent as this jobber.

Just to be clear I am not shedding tears about Marrone leaving. I thought that he was okay. The point that I was trying to make is that NFL HC is probably the position in football that best suits what he does well. That is what his skill set translated to.

His team certainly played hard and you can't give him zero credit for that. Marrone played a role. In addition, he hired two good d coordinators (also a check in his corner) and at the end of the day the team was pretty good. He was an average HC.

He would be below average at any other role because of his personality and lack of overall schematics. I am hoping that he overplayed his hand to a point where he never surfaces as an NFL HC again. It's quite possible too. I don't see him as a guy riding back through the coordinator ranks like Schwartz and McDaniels are. What owner is going to watch St. Doug run an offense and say "I need that guy in charge of my team?"

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Even if you think he's a decent HC, Marrone showed his true colors with the classless way he left: burning bridges and badmouthing the team to Polian. If you were a team owner, would you want to hire someone who is likely to try and blow things up when he leaves?

Note to NFL owners, learn from a basic relationship premise: "if she left him to be with you, she'll leave you for the next guy."

Even if you think he's a decent HC, Marrone showed his true colors with the classless way he left: burning bridges and badmouthing the team to Polian. If you were a team owner, would you want to hire someone who is likely to try and blow things up when he leaves?

Note to NFL owners, learn from a basic relationship premise: "if she left him to be with you, she'll leave you for the next guy."

If this is directed at me I have no issue with him being gone. I think that his exit most closely resembles that of Bobby Petrino. Hopefully, the next hire will be an improvement.

I continue to support the conspiracy theory that Marrone wanted to bolt for the Jets job all year knowing he had the opt-out, and therefore auditioned for them with his only good offensive performances of the year in those two games.

o_O

And then he will announce that the CFL is really his "dream job" because you can punt on 3rd down.

:w00t::thumbsup::worthy::rolleyes::lol::D:P:flirt:

I nominate this for post of the year! And it's only day 5.

I don't wish D Marrone any ill will, but I don't want him coaching in the AFC East. Personnally, I don't get all the hate for the guy from Bills fans. We have no QB, there's new ownership in place, he had no long term job security, and Doug was most likely going to be fired. If not now than probably in 2015. He could face that uncertanity....OR get paid $4M to do nothing and maybe find a better situation. I don't blame Doug I blame Russ Brandon for writting that idiot cluase into the contract. This organization can't turn the corner with Russ Brandon in the president position.

i'm shocked to see that any of you think Marrone is a good coach. i wouldn't want him coaching my team. i'd take pretty much any of the candidates out there that have been discussed over him. i'm sure the Jets fans are happy that they are going to pass on st. doug

I do think he's a good coach. I don't want him anywhere near the Bills. The two can coexist

I don't wish D Marrone any ill will, but I don't want him coaching in the AFC East. Personnally, I don't get all the hate for the guy from Bills fans. We have no QB, there's new ownership in place, he had no long term job security, and Doug was most likely going to be fired. If not now than probably in 2015. He could face that uncertanity....OR get paid $4M to do nothing and maybe find a better situation. I don't blame Doug I blame Russ Brandon for writting that idiot cluase into the contract. This organization can't turn the corner with Russ Brandon in the president position.

All the hate I have for him is because he quit on his coaches, players and fans.

You could have guessed this was the case when nothing happened after his interview with the Jets. If a team wants you that bad you make an offer asap. It's not like Marrone is such a hot coaching name that he's playing the field.

though what he thinks vs reality may be two different things. he probably left hearing about how hed be everyones #1 choice and hed have the pick of the jobs a week ago. maybe its not just us that he overplayed but the hand with the jets as well

My prediction is that Marrone will make 4 million this year fishing. Or he'll make 4.5 million as an OL coach somewhere.

really i wouldnt be shocked to see him do the position coach/asst head coach route, before being a coordinator.

This may be more about the Jets not losing their 1st due to tampering than them not wanting him. Either way, I would love to see Morone blackballed out of the NFL. He can go turn around some ****ty D1 school again, and in that I mean help them achieve mediocrity.

I agree with this statement. However, I think Brandon can remain in the President role. He just needs to be taken out of football decisions.

He can go turn around some ****ty D1 school again, and in that I mean help them achieve mediocrity.

However, is it a 'turnaround' if they were still below .500? I mean they went from !@#$ing terrible to good, but they were good one season..bad the next. I require consistency to call something a turnaround. I did think Marrone had a shot to make the playoffs here next season.

My thoughts exactly. But, you never know, Slippery Rock may need an OLine coach. Boy, he showed them!

Okay, second time someone has mentioned Slippery Rock on this board in 2 days. What gives?

I dont want Marone putting his stink at my alma mater.

Edited by plenzmd1