Incarcerated Bob Tweet - Marrone

Obviously that would be even more fitting. How great would it be if Woody backed out of a handshake deal with Marrone, after the reports that Marrone backed out of one with Pegula?

Sounds to me like he backed into something and got F****d.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reich? Why?

While he may not be my first choice, I think that if he were to bring in a seasoned OC like Marc Trestman that they would right the ship on the offensive side of the ball and Schwartz could guide him on HC duties if he were to become an assistant HC.

Reich is very competitive and he might actually be more fiery as a head coach than most of us think he would be. Having said that, I would be good with Shanahan, Schwartz or Rex Ryan.

With Reich, you get a guy who you know isn't wishing he were somewhere else and I think the players would welcome a guy who they would trust was "all in" with the Buffalo Bills.

love this! i wouldn't even hire Marrone as a OL coach. look at how bad our line was! he would be lucky to get a college job imo. that's where he belongs

I actually think that pro head coach is his spot. He is a good motivator, organizer and a bad "x" and "O" guy. He could never go back to coordinating or as a position coach IMO. I think that would be career suicide. He is way closer in skill set to Marv Levy than to Rex Ryan.

I actually think that pro head coach is his spot. He is a good motivator, organizer and a bad "x" and "O" guy. He could never go back to coordinating or as a position coach IMO. I think that would be career suicide. He is way closer in skill set to Marv Levy than to Rex Ryan.

What?? Where are you getting that from?

I actually dont disagree at all with Kirby. Marrone is a good HC. His downfall will be he is an ass without Parcells resume, he is a tough sell to the fans and an even tougher dude to get along with.

Good luck coach. I'm sure the JV team could use someone like you to run special teams

Marv Levy ---------------------------------------------------------------Saint Doug----(middle)------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Rex Ryan

He ain't close to either of 'em.

Edited by eball

i'm shocked to see that any of you think Marrone is a good coach. i wouldn't want him coaching my team. i'd take pretty much any of the candidates out there that have been discussed over him. i'm sure the Jets fans are happy that they are going to pass on st. doug

That is what I thought his strengths were. His team was very physical and adopted a mentality of the underdog. They played with a chip on their shoulders. He is not an "X" & 'O" guy which a coordinator needs to be. He is a dictator in many ways which only works as a HC. His jerky style would hurt him in recruiting at the college level. A pro HC is his best fit and he may not get that chance again.

Marv Levy ---------------------------------------------------------------Saint Doug----(middle)------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Rex Ryan

He ain't close to either of 'em.

I was more talking about their styles. Rex Ryan is a mastermind at coaching defense. Marv was a great leader but not good at designing a game plan. That was never his strength.