Incarcerated Bob Tweet - Marrone

@section_222a: Westhoff says from a extremely reliable source that Marrone interview went worse than bad #Jets

@CBSSportsRadio: .@BrentAxeMedia to @DAonCBS: "How Doug Marrone treated people is starting to catch up with him."

http://t.co/4elOc7DdvL

Interesting.

Reports are out that Quinn will be the head coach - just waiting for the end of the Seahawks season to announce it:

http://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/alex-marvez-is-reporting-new-nyj-hc-is-dan-quinn.83092/

Some NY media context: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/seahawks-quinn-mighty-jets-coach-article-1.2071217

From the link you posted above:

“From a business standpoint, for him to not get what he wants (and) to take a step back – you really can’t blame him for that,” Axe said. “But it’s the way it went down. The things that he said, how he trashed the organization to Bill Polian – and I know that that happened. That story is true.”

And now Marrone is trying to find a new job – without much luck. Needless to say, he won’t be getting a strong referral from the Bills.

“All these things (have) come out that he treated people the way that he did in the Bills organization, and he’s trying to get another job,” Axe said. “(The Bills are) trying to say, ‘You know what? We’re going to make that more difficult for you.’”

Edited by dave mcbride

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like Marrone wants to draft the players and FA's and trades he wants .

I don't see the Jets giving him that much power.

Rex will likely go to Atlanta where they have a franchise QB , need help on D

Jeremy White retweeted

Word in NFL circulating that former Bills HC Doug Marrone was high on @woodyjohnson4 list until smear campaign by one writer "spooked" him

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 1h1 hour ago

When Rex Ryan is asked who his offensive coordinator will be as HC, 1 of his strongest pitches includes Marc Trestman. They want to pair up.

Jeremy White retweeted

NYPost_Cannizzaro ‏@MarkCannizzaro 9h9 hours ago

Word in NFL circulating that former Bills HC Doug Marrone was high on @woodyjohnson4 list until smear campaign by one writer "spooked" him

up.

Nice job by Mehta; so ironic that the media is going to do marrone in.

Jets fans really owe Mehta a solid for his work

Here.

"The things that he said, how he trashed the organization to Bill Polian – and I know that that happened. That story is true.”

the fact he immediately felt the need to mention he knows the story is true, tells me he does not. I think he just heard the same story everyone else did, about Doug "trashing" the Bills. And unfortunately I think that entire narrative was just extrapolated from the origional story where Doug simply told his buddy that people in the front office were bad mouthing him. Which I assume is true since neither of them denied it.

but this stuff about Doug trashing the Bills that everyone keeps repeating? I dunno. It seems like it's based on nothing. At least to me, maybe I missed some article or quote that is more convincing. But I doubt it.

Just to be clear I am not shedding tears about Marrone leaving. I thought that he was okay. The point that I was trying to make is that NFL HC is probably the position in football that best suits what he does well. That is what his skill set translated to.

His team certainly played hard and you can't give him zero credit for that. Marrone played a role. In addition, he hired two good d coordinators (also a check in his corner) and at the end of the day the team was pretty good. He was an average HC.

He would be below average at any other role because of his personality and lack of overall schematics. I am hoping that he overplayed his hand to a point where he never surfaces as an NFL HC again. It's quite possible too. I don't see him as a guy riding back through the coordinator ranks like Schwartz and McDaniels are. What owner is going to watch St. Doug run an offense and say "I need that guy in charge of my team?"

I am in agreement here....

The fact is if he handled the O side of the ball the same way as he handled the D side of the ball (as in bring in a good coordinator and then back the heck off) he would probably STILL be in Buffalo, we would probably be in the playoffs, and he would be highly thought of

but the fact is.....he couldnt bring himself to do that.....and he is in fact gone because of it.........

the fact he immediately felt the need to mention he knows the story is true, tells me he does not. I think he just heard the same story everyone else did, about Doug "trashing" the Bills. And unfortunately I think that entire narrative was just extrapolated from the origional story where Doug simply told his buddy that people in the front office were bad mouthing him. Which I assume is true since neither of them denied it.

but this stuff about Doug trashing the Bills that everyone keeps repeating? I dunno. It seems like it's based on nothing. At least to me, maybe I missed some article or quote that is more convincing. But I doubt it.

Polian was not his "pal," and his criticism of the Bills FO, along with all the leaks about his dislike of EJ and his opposition to the Watkins trade, combined with his failure to make even a token positive gesture toward Buffalo have combined to make him look bad. This is his own doing. Ha. Ha. Ha.