EJ is going to practice today

Bangarang

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like BS to me. No link was posted and I can't find one anywhere online.

Seems that way. The only mention of it on NFL.com is from 5 hours ago, and it was a rehash of Manuel throwing the ball on Thursday and that there is no timetable for a return yet. With that said, I still say it is more likely EJ will start.

Even with EJ starting we need help at CB and OL bad and Im still worried about one of my favorite (EXfavorite) Bills, Byrd. Our secondary is looking bleak, they better pick up a decent veteran CB soon, two would be nice. But yeah very exicited to see what EJ could do this year and in the future.

Even with EJ starting we need help at CB and OL bad and Im still worried about one of my favorite (EXfavorite) Bills, Byrd. Our secondary is looking bleak, they better pick up a decent veteran CB soon, two would be nice. But yeah very exicited to see what EJ could do this year and in the future.

If we go into the new England game with only those two positions as holes, we are already better than last year.

If our defensive line plays well, that should mask the bad secondary play to some degree.

They need OL depth. But yes they need help at CB, thanks to Searcy. :wallbash:

Amazing how excited people are getting over the possibility that EJ will start vs the Pats, as if he was a seasoned NFL star rather than a rookie who has played a handful of series in two practice games. I am sure belichick is licking his chops, no matter which rookie starts. Gonna be a long season.

Amazing how excited people are getting over the possibility that EJ will start vs the Pats, as if he was a seasoned NFL star rather than a rookie who has played a handful of series in two practice games. I am sure belichick is licking his chops, no matter which rookie starts. Gonna be a long season.

Amazing? Really? When is the last time Bills fans had anything to be truly "excited" about at the QB position? Take your Debbie Downer b.s. elsewhere.

I truly hate to say this, so as not to jinx him, but most all of the college scouting reports said EJ was one of the best in the nation in "mat reading." Now, granted, some college mats are a little different than the ones the pros use. But the ability to walk on mats is really one of those talents that you either have or you don't. All the "just put one foot in front of the other" micromanaging by coaches is usually ignored by the players. Manuel has never had a mat problem before, and if you have been watching him in practice, he basically ignores they are even there. That just shows a mat swagger. I'm not going to worry about them. EJ is mat-ready.

This. EJ was one of the best walk-on players in FSU history.

+1

It's amazing that you signed up for this board. Go away

Sorry if this has been answered already, but did Ej actually practice yesterday (or today)? Or was it all just rumor? I could find the answer. On the other bills message board there's a thread in which people are saying he did. I haven't seen a link or anything to confirm.

Your kidding yourself if you don't think this team will only go as far as EJ takes them! I think we have one of the best backs in the NFL but how far did that get Barry Sanders or AP now...? We need EJ under center.

while you could be right, you could also be wrong. A lot of teams keep 2 qbs. 3 qbs are not mandatory.

i think he's saying that IF EJ wasn't ready for week 1, then essentially we would only have 1 QB (Tuell) as it stands right now. So therefore we must have 2. EJ and Tuell

It's amazing that you signed up for this board. Go away

You and the other homers missed my point, which was not a criticism of EJ. My point was that, as good as he may prove to be eventually, EJ is a very green rookie who will be starting his first NFL game--not exactly a sure-fire win.

Ummm, I'm not a mathematician, but if he is NOT ready, how many teams keep 1 QB?

there are 3 open spots

And the emergency QB Smith is out with the injury. Fred Jackson is the #2 emergency QB.

Trent Ed.... naw can do it even as a joke

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

You and the other homers missed my point, which was not a criticism of EJ. My point was that, as good as he may prove to be eventually, EJ is a very green rookie who will be starting his first NFL game--not exactly a sure-fire win.

Right - but the point is we want to get going and learning with him under center - not spin wheels watching QB's who aren't going to be the starter get reps.

Thad just released, EJ must be recovering as scheduled and hopefully ready to start week 1.

Why are these two inter-related. Even if EJ was ready to start week1, we still need a 3rd emergency QB. If Thad was released, it simply meant the coaching staff did not think highly of him.

there are 3 open spots

And the emergency QB Smith is out with the injury. Fred Jackson is the #2 emergency QB.

Trent Ed.... naw can do it even as a joke

It is funny though. But I would be happy with Losman if it came down to it as a third QB