EJ is going to practice today

Bangarang

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know whether or not on game day, players who are on IR would be allowed on the sidelines and interacting with the players in the middle of the game? I would imagine they would. I'm sure I have seen them on the sidelines before, but more of a situation where they had a field pass and somewhat apart from the team.

The reason I'm asking is this: Obviously, EJ and Tuel are both rookies. Kolb is a vet. The Bills QB coach is Hackett, who will be up in the booth. It probably would be advantageous for Kolb to be there on the sidelines for EJ when he is not talking on the phone with Hackett during the defensive series. Kolb has already said he is not going to tell EJ what to do but would be happy to answer any questions he has. Marrone was asked this very question today about the two rookies and Nate in the booth, and didn't mention Kolb, he said that he himself would talk to EJ on the sidelines if he needed to. But the HC needs his head in the game at all times so I imagine those conversations would be short. I imagine Wheatley and Hilliard the RB and WR coaches, who both played relatively recently in the league on offense could help EJ a little (not that he is going to need a few guys in his ear).

But still, it will be interesting to see, or know, who is pointing stuff out to Manuel about what is going on when the coaches are otherwise preoccupied. I do think there is probably more than enough time for Hackett to speak with him on the phone during defensive series, but Hackett has never done this in the NFL either.