EJ is going to practice today

Bangarang

You and the other homers missed my point, which was not a criticism of EJ. My point was that, as good as he may prove to be eventually, EJ is a very green rookie who will be starting his first NFL game--not exactly a sure-fire win.

I didn't miss any point. I'm excited to see our QB of the future play New England at home on opening day. What don't you get about that? Would you rather watch Jeff tuel? Do you think we have a better chance to win with Ej? Do you want the Bills to win? You don't get the point.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are these two inter-related. Even if EJ was ready to start week1, we still need a 3rd emergency QB. If Thad was released, it simply meant the coaching staff did not think highly of him.

A lot of teams now keep only two QBs on their active roster. What is impossible to believe, IMO, is EJ not being ready and the team going into a regular season game with Tuel and a guy that has a week of practice. At least Lewis would have two full weeks and a game played. That is why I think it's clear they expect him to be ready.

You and the other homers missed my point, which was not a criticism of EJ. My point was that, as good as he may prove to be eventually, EJ is a very green rookie who will be starting his first NFL game--not exactly a sure-fire win.

And you clearly miss the point that FANS of the team are excited to see the future of the franchise at QB start. Moron.

This is just so freaky. For some reason just this week I was telling my daughter about Nancy Kerrigan and how she got her knee clubbed by the boyfriend of a competitor blah blah blah. Then 2 days later whe was on the Today show. And now this shows up.

Queue up the Twilight Zone music...

I literally called someone Jeff Gillooly the other day. Very weird indeed.

A lot of teams now keep only two QBs on their active roster. What is impossible to believe, IMO, is EJ not being ready and the team going into a regular season game with Tuel and a guy that has a week of practice. At least Lewis would have two full weeks and a game played. That is why I think it's clear they expect him to be ready.

This is my take on the situation as well.

On a side note, I was watching the Washington State/Auburn game, and the announcers talked about Tuel and said that he will be starting week 1.....not sure why ESPN is sticking with this story as they are the only ones to report Tuel starting with such certainty. I think they are off base on this one.

Edited by Special K

I didn't miss any point. I'm excited to see our QB of the future play New England at home on opening day. What don't you get about that? Would you rather watch Jeff tuel? Do you think we have a better chance to win with Ej? Do you want the Bills to win? You don't get the point.

Of course i don't want to see Tuel, i want to see EJ play when he is healthy and fully prepared to play. I can't think of a worse scenario for him than starting the opening game of the season coming of a knee injury, maybe not even fully healthy, against Belichick and Brady. Only good thing is that the game is at home, but that has not meant much vs the Pats. Can you really say that in this situation EJ gives them a much better chance to win?

Edited by mannc

Of course i don't want to see Tuel, i want to see EJ play when he is healthy and fully prepared to play. I can't think of a worse scenario for him than starting the opening game of the season coming of a knee injury, maybe not even fully healthy, against Belichick and Brady. Only good thing is that the game is at home, but that has not meant much vs the Pats. Can you really say that in this situation EJ gives them a much better chance to win?

Yes I can say that ej gives us a better chance to win. Do you disagree? Us "homers" aren't saying that we want ej to play if he's still injured. We are excited to see him play. Opening day, at home, vs the patriots. Why wouldn't you be excited to see him play? I just don't understand your rationale for calling us "homers" because we want to see our QB of the future play. It doesn't make sense. If he's hurt, start tuel. We want ej to be healthy and play. Why don't you?

+1

Getting Manuel off on the right foot and helping him have a successful season is the most important thing for this year. Everything else is gravy. If he's 100% healthy and gets a full week of preparation then go ahead and start him. Otherwise, don't throw him to the wolves.

Unless he's playing both ways, what does Brady have anything to do with EJ? Also, this isn't San Fran, Baltimore, or even the Jets defense. Despite Belichick's reputation as a defensive genius, they haven't exactly been a defensive juggernaut in recent seasons. I'm more worried about our CB situation than our QB situation for this game. At least EJ, if healthy, might provide the opportunity for this to be a two team track meet instead of a laugher.

Amazing how excited people are getting over the possibility that EJ will start vs the Pats, as if he was a seasoned NFL star rather than a rookie who has played a handful of series in two practice games. I am sure belichick is licking his chops, no matter which rookie starts. Gonna be a long season.

Cynical, are we? Remind me again who started in the NFC playoffs last season as quarterbacks. I'll wait!!!!!!!!

Edited by BmoreBills

@buffalobills

EJ Manuel is next to address the media

@buffalobills

EJ Manuel: "It felt great to back out there with my teammates instead of doing rehab"

@buffalobills

Manuel: "Each day my injury has gotten better." Has taken 2-3 treatments per day with trainer Chris Fischetti

@buffalobills

Manuel: "I knew something was wrong right after that play. I felt like I could continue to play, adrenaline was a big part of that"

@buffalobills

Manuel: "I'm not feeling any pressure, but personally, I want to play"

@buffalobills

Manuel: "I'm right on schedule with the mental part." Has watched practice film, and game film for both Patriots and Panthers to prep.

@buffalobills

Manuel on Tuel: "We both have a good grasp on the offense. Coach will pick the guy that will help us win"

@buffalobills

Manuel: No soreness after running and throwing yesterday, will see what tomorrow brings.

@buffalobills

Q: if it were up to you, would you play on Sunday? A: "Most definitely" -EJ

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Cynical, are we? Remind me again who started in the NFC playoffs last season as quarterbacks. I'll wait!!!!!!!!

I love fans who complain we never draft a franchise QB then complain when draft that QB he isn't experienced enough when he starts. F### the Pats. To paraphrase Walter White, "We are the danger."

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

But now they re signed BIG BAD THAD. Oh no, what does that say about EJ's knee?

But wait... I read right here in this very thread that Thad stinks which is why they cut him. Holy Roster Moves Batshiteman! I just don't know why the terrible FO doesn't just select the final 53 players BEFORE training camp starts and then give them all the snaps. It makes so much sense rather than bringing in all these silly other players that they end up having to cut. If they did a better job of selecting those 53 players we wouldn't have to get any other players that were let go from other teams.