R E L A X

The second round is where all the value lies in the receiving depth of this draft. History shows REPEATEDLY that you can find studs, WR1’s, and WR2’s here. 

Available
Adonai Mitchell
Troy Franklin 

Ladd McConkey

Keon Coleman

Javon Baker

Jalynn Polk

Recent Hits

AJ Brown

Dk Metcalf

Deebo Samuel

Davante Adams

Tee Higgins

Rookie WR success is about situation, and I can’t think of a better one than a hungry 17 ready to put up big numbers without the drama. Take your pick(s) it doesn’t matter we are all going to be smiling tomorrow. 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 10

All well and good but, now I am feeling like Cooper DeJean is about to be the pick at 33. Then I think they go WR by trading up from #60.  Depending on who is available they may also grab another WR in 3 or 4.

Personally I think Worthy will be a bust as he is too small to take NFL hits.    

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

All well and good but, now I am feeling like Cooper DeJean is about to be the pick at 33. Then I think they go WR by trading up from #60.  Depending on who is available they may also grab another WR in 3 or 4.

IMO DeJean would be the pick, and an exceptional pick.  But my guess is someone makes too good an offer for pick 33, and that Beane stockpiles top 100 picks

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Rad Likes The Bills said:

The second round is where all the value lies in the receiving depth of this draft. History shows REPEATEDLY that you can find studs, WR1’s, and WR2’s here. 

Available
Adonai Mitchell
Troy Franklin 

Ladd McConkey

Keon Coleman

Javon Baker

Jalynn Polk

Recent Hits

AJ Brown

Dk Metcalf

Deebo Samuel

Davante Adams

Tee Higgins

Rookie WR success is about situation, and I can’t think of a better one than a hungry 17 ready to put up big numbers without the drama. Take your pick(s) it doesn’t matter we are all going to be smiling tomorrow. 

history shows the misses become far more frequent the deeper you go

and you are certainly overstating situation

if we get our guy at 33 I’m decent. If we go defense then wait til 60 for WR I’m not in on that plan 

• Agree 8
  • Haha (+1) 1

What if we pull the trigger and select Cooper Dejean, which we all know is a REAL possibility.  We would then have to trade back up into the 2nd round to have a chance at most of the receivers on that list and there is no guarantee the one/one's they want will still be available.  I just don't have a great feeling right now.  Hoping Beane has a master plan that will begin to unfold as the day goes on....

Agreed.   Drafting WR in 1st round has the highest miss rate out of any position.  Trading back was the right move. There are so many quality WRs still on the board.  In addition to your list I would add Tez Walker (huge sleeper pick), Roman Wilson, Brendan Rice, Jalen McMilllian - all these guys will likely be available at 95

Edited by bills6969
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

you're wasting your time here, man. this place is more emotional than a suburban mom's book club reviewing the latest softcore romance novel after too much wine

Don't talk about "Hisses and Honey" like that.  It was a really good book!

• Haha (+1) 6

Look, the Bills CLEARLY don’t think they were going to land a #1 WR in this draft. I’m sure they tried but they didn’t do it. When you have a gaping hole at your #1 WR position you don’t screw around and trade down if you believe someone is there that can fill that role.

The only way the Bills are going to fill that spot is through a trade. The Bills have a big problem right now and one that only a trade can fix. They may draft a WR and say it was their target all along. I don’t believe that for a second. Not when they are in the position they are currently in.

I hope their answer to filling their biggest hole isn’t someone they have passed over twice now to trade down.

Edited by Beast

Trust the process. Beane has a long track record of bringing in elite WRs like Kelvin Benjamin, Terrelle Pryor, Tavon Austin, Marquez Stevenson, Ray-Ray McCloud, Brandon Powell, Justin Shorter, and Austin Proehl.  

Beane also has a long track record of bringing in elite defensive talent like Ed Oliver, Kaiir Elam, Boogie Basham, AJ Epeneza, Gregory Rousseau, etc who cant even sack or Int Mahomes once in the playoffs.

Trust the process.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

4 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

history shows the misses become far more frequent the deeper you go

and you are certainly overstating situation

if we get our guy at 33 I’m decent. If we go defense then wait til 60 for WR I’m not in on that plan 

I honestly can't see them picking at 33.  They could have drafted at 32 and got someone with a 5th year option.  Now they don't have that by moving one pick.  They are going to take calls all day and move back again IMO.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Draft is very deep at WR whoever we select is going to be a good player and will benefit playing with 17. That’s why I don’t think Beane is being desperate. If he was, he would have traded up for BTJ or drafted one last night. 

I think they are going to draft Cooper DeJean at 33 and then grab their WR at pick 60

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Agree on Worthy. However it's amazing how the laundry one wears can change my perception on a player. Had the Bills picked him he would be the best pick ever and a non violent version of Tyreek. But the Chiefs picked him so I believe he's going to be a Mecole Hardman/Marquise Goodwin hybrid.😂

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Rad Likes The Bills said:

Available
Adonai Mitchell
Troy Franklin 

Ladd McConkey

Keon Coleman

Javon Baker

Jalynn Polk

Recent Hits

AJ Brown

Dk Metcalf

Deebo Samuel

Davante Adams

Tee Higgins

Adonai Mitchell is interesting. Some of the attitude concerns seem to be linked to his lack of management of his diabetes. I’ll be curious if the Bills think they can manage that. Because if they can he’s an unbelievable athlete. 

For any of the film gurus on the board I am curious is Franklin plays faster than his combine time. 

I actually feel less like it is DeJean here after the trade backs. If they loved DeJean they'd have taken him I reckon. I think it is more likely they take a guy who was not considered a pretty likely first rounder.

Troy Franklin is my bet honestly if they pick here.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

Just now, ToGoGo said:

Wrap your mind around this:

Fans are losing their mind on trading down from 28 to 33. 

Let that sink in. Then start ignoring these people. 

"The Chiefs, THE CHIEFS have bested us again!!!"

emma-stone-freaking-out.gif

• Haha (+1) 7

18 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

How hard will it be for Worthy to put on 15lbs in a NFL weigh room. Worthy doesn’t have to be Hill, he just needs to make the secondary play back to open up Kelce underneath. 

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

Adonai Mitchell is interesting. Some of the attitude concerns seem to be linked to his lack of management of his diabetes. I’ll be curious if the Bills think they can manage that. Because if they can he’s an unbelievable athlete. 

For any of the film gurus on the board I am curious is Franklin plays faster than his combine time. 

I don't want Coleman and Franklin.

I'll probably get Cooper Dejean at #33 and WR in a trade up from 60.

I would try to find a way to land Mitchell and McConkey. Polk is a fella I like closer to 60.

33 minutes ago, Rad Likes The Bills said:

Available
Adonai Mitchell
Troy Franklin 

Ladd McConkey

Keon Coleman

Javon Baker

Jalynn Polk

Recent Hits

AJ Brown

Dk Metcalf

Deebo Samuel

Davante Adams

Tee Higgins

If they wanted Mitchell, they would have taken him at 32 - the extra 5th would not have swayed him.

Franklin and Coleman - no thanks

Baker and Polk would be huge reaches before back end of round 2.

5 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

How hard will it be for Worthy to put on 15lbs in a NFL weigh room. Worthy doesn’t have to be Hill, he just needs to make the secondary play back to open up Kelce underneath. 

I think that will be difficult given his frame.

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I actually feel less like it is DeJean here after the trade backs. If they loved DeJean they'd have taken him I reckon. I think it is more likely they take a guy who was not considered a pretty likely first rounder.

Troy Franklin is my bet honestly if they pick here.

That would be very disappointing.

12 minutes ago, Mango said:

If he's not managing that given what he does, with the resources of two different major football programs with all the resources a player could ask for that speaks to a lack of maturity as much as anything else. It's not about the Bills managing his diabetes, it's about him managing his diabetes. Could he start? Sure. Why would he begin now if he hasn't already?

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Draft is very deep at WR whoever we select is going to be a good player and will benefit playing with 17. That’s why I don’t think Beane is being desperate. If he was, he would have traded up for BTJ or drafted one last night. 

I think they are going to draft Cooper DeJean at 33 and then grab their WR at pick 60

if they do that, I see them trading their pick at 60 and a 4th, maybe a 4th and a 5th to move up closer to 40 or 45 for their wr.  

16 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

Wrap your mind around this:

Fans are losing their mind on trading down from 28 to 33. 

Let that sink in. Then start ignoring these people. 

They lost two WR, didn’t gain any picks and traded with the team that owns them in the process. We should prob just ignore the people that are ok with this. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, That's No Moon said:

If he's not managing that given what he does, with the resources of two different major football programs with all the resources a player could ask for that speaks to a lack of maturity as much as anything else. It's not about the Bills managing his diabetes, it's about him managing his diabetes. Could he start? Sure. Why would he begin now if he hasn't already?

Totally agree. I meant manage him managing himself. The whole thing falls under him not being accountable for himself, one of, if not the most important skill for an elite athlete. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Wouldn't be my choice. I'd prefer it to Keon Coleman but it would not be my ideal. It is just where I think they will go. 

I’m afraid you’re right.  Agree, better than Coleman, but I don’t like Franklin until late 2nd or later.  I just don’t see it with him.  I don’t think he is physical enough to be a strong deep threat.

24 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I honestly can't see them picking at 33.  They could have drafted at 32 and got someone with a 5th year option.  Now they don't have that by moving one pick.  They are going to take calls all day and move back again IMO.

So you’re saying that we’re “aggressively “ looking to move back! Quick…..somebody start that thread. 😉