Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Round 1 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

Simon

2 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

The dream that is Cooper DeJean shall be realized 

He's not drafting a centerfielder in the first

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

The Bills are fine still as long as BTJ and Worthy are on the board there shouldn’t even be a thought of moving up yet 

Pfft...everyone in the Bills' draft room is hyperventilating watching these DBs fall.  

4 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

The last 3 seasons the Bills hyped up 12 personnel and it always turns out they're way more effective running with an 11 set.

I don't buy it anymore. 

A potential #1 WR would likely got more playing time than any lineman in McD's rotation.

Knox getting hurt last year didn't help.

Just now, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Are we learning ANYTHING from this? If you are honestly watching other GM's get fleeced for a very small jump up the board, and you wanted us to jump from 28 to the top 10, I pity you...

Sorry... I just do.

In.

Beane.

We.

Trust.

Delusion is one hell of a thing 

• Haha (+1) 1

this draft reminds of my fantasy drafts where the player I for sure thought would be there gets picked right before me and I panic and draft someone I wasn't even considering or did any deep research on 😅

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

they’d rather have him sit and learn under Cousins than Heinecke?  I dunno

How much does a QB actually learn from the starter? They get access to tons of film and NFL coaching regardless of who the starter is.

Just now, The Jokeman said:

Knox getting hurt last year didn't help.

That's a good point, but even with a healthy Knox I'd rather only see 12 in the red zone, which is where I think it can really shine.

Knox is an excellent blocker and RZ threat but I'd rather have a WR out there anywhere else on the field.

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

We may legit be able to get the best center in this draft. 

Don't forget kicker and punter, we need both.  Good chance the best one in the draft is still available at 28 at this rate 

Edited by Gunsgoodtime
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

We may legit be able to get the best center in this draft. 

How is his separation and contested catch percentage? You don’t take a center in rd 1

Just now, Blainorama5 said:

With the way things are falling, wonder if they could get Brian Thomas Jr at 28 ?

He got flagged for a shoulder and hip injury and rumors of off field. He may not go first round.

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Jax taking a WR at pick 23

Yup.  It's pretty obvious at this point.  If there is a WR that Beane absolutely wants and doesn't want to take a chance of him being there, #22 or earlier has to be the target.  If we let Jax pick without jumping them, I think it will be pretty obvious Beane has all these guys rated about the same.

• Like (+1) 1