1st Round Draft Poll...WWBD (what will Beane do)?

eball

WWBD?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Buffalo wind up selecting their 1st round pick?

49 minutes ago, Brandon said:

They'd be better off keeping it.  It's probably going to be a top 40 pick next year,  and while valuable in it's own right,   you could also package it next year and have two 1st round picks or one pick near the top 10.  Sure,  you have to wait a year,  but that's worth way more than 3rd round trade value this year,  IMO.  

I see your point, but I could see Beane being aggressive in that particular scenario (no wr in the first) where he has certain guys he would like to get in the second round, similar to his normal trade up "had to get him" scenario. With dumping Diggs, I do think we need a guy at wr to help us win this year and I think that 2 might be used to get someone, either in the first or second round this year. If he does get a wr who can help this year in the first round, the pick next year doesn't provide the same value for us. Just my 2 cents.

44 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I agree with your take. I'm still pissed that we didn't get that 3rd rounder for Edmunds.

I do think that Beane will look to move up, but I don't think there will be any takers.

Trading down seems very likely. Maybe we move down a couple spots with San Francisco, and get one of their many draft picks. Then find someone early in the second round to trade with?

Washington has a bunch of 2nd/3rds so I'd definitely see if they'd be willing especially if a good Edge rusher and/or OT is still on board at 28  as assume they stay at 2 and take a QB. Yet admit we need a pass rusher too.

Edited by The Jokeman

3 hours ago, benderbender said:

Trade all our picks for a vet Wednesday night so we have nothing to watch Thursday 

Sad Devestated GIF by Corporate Bro

I loved that Diggs trade in the moment.  It took all the stress off watching the first round and I could just enjoy it.  

3 hours ago, dpberr said:

I picked a trade up to 11-20 (for Cooper Dejean).  

I agree, except it will be a slight trade up to something like 24 or 25, giving up a fourth. 

3 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I still have a bad feeling that if Cooper DeJean is on the board at 28, McD shouts down any WR talk, and the Bills draft DeJean. 

It wouldn’t be surprising in the least to some of us😒

I think trade up to early 20’s to draft a WR.  Either to draft BJT who has slipped (which I highly doubt happens), or there’s a run on WRs, Beane is going to get antsy and want to move up.  Maybe he stays pat if BJT doesn’t slip, and there’s not a 5th WR off the board until like pick 23 or later.  If there is a run on WRs, smart thing is probably to stand pat and take BPA or trade down, but going to be hard given WR needs.

4 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

He almost always trades up like 2-3 spots for absolutely no reason. Remember when he traded up for Elam because we just had to have him? That was fun. I'd expect a trade to 22-25 just because 

It hasn't worked out so far, but he said Elam was their only first round grade left so he wanted to secure him.

I don't have an issue with that logic, just Elam hasn't worked out yet unfortunately.

If Kincaid becomes a pro bowl tight end for 10 years, no one is going to care about Beane trading a 4th round pick to get him 

If Beane finds a willing partner, I think he trades out of the first round. I just don’t see enough talent falling to warrant moving up. I also think once that talent is depleted he would prefer extra picks in the second and/or third round.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Gregg said:

Stay at #28. Maybe he trades up if player he likes starts to fall on the draft board but otherwise, I think he stays at #28 and takes a WR.

Agree, I voted for the early twenties, but could see him stay put if it all

plays out that way, 

Beane knows it’s important to get Allen as much talent as possible for as cheaply as possible for the next 4 years.  

I see him creating somehow a team friendly deal to move up and grab his pick.   

Allen needs targets and lots of them.  He grabs another in round 1 then focuses on D in round 3/4

I am Beane....I do whatever it takes to get to 6 wid my homies. Then I fleece Minny or whoever and trade back to 11/12 for a 11 and 23 or a 2nd and 3rd.

Trade back again 12-20 ish and get another 2 and 3. While 2 of these picks may only replace next year's sacrifice, what a way to grab a 2 and 3 this year while getting BT or Latu at around 20.

In other news..if I'm BB, I'm throwing next year's picks into this years draft if the above is as unlikely as it seems...and still doing the same thing. Creating 4 picks in the 1st 100.

8 hours ago, Sweats said:

The price is going to be too steep to trade within the top 10, maybe even the 11-20 range........i could see a move up a couple of spots within 20, but i think he'll stay at 28, let the board fall to him and carry on......IMO.

There are only 2 options I like; stand fast or trade down. Wouldn’t be against having two 2’s and a third.

• Agree 1

The voting spread on this poll shows just how difficult it is to predict anything this year. For me, I keep thinking that Beane is still steaming from not having a 3rd Round pick. I can see him working the phones to get it back. And that means trading down, not up. 

My gut feeling is that Brandon Beane is trading up.  And possibly into the Top 10.

Why?  Because the Stefon Diggs trade only makes sense if there is a legitimate plan to replace his production THIS year.  

Otherwise, Beane is basically willing to go into one of Josh Allen's prime years with an inferior group of weapons around him... basically punting the season away in exchange for future cap space and a future pick.  That doesn't sound like a wise plan for a team supposedly competing for a Super Bowl.

Yes, this draft is very deep at Wide Receiver.  But it's unlikely that anyone outside the Top 3 (or obtaining a veteran like Brandon Aiyuk or Tee Higgins) will be able to put a dent in the 100+ catches we got from him... at least as rookies.  

None of the benefits we received back (draft pick, cap space) will help make the Bills a better team in 2024.  Unless we are using some of those future assets to acquire his replacement.  

I don’t think the price is out of Beane’s league if he wants to trade into the teens range.  It should be a second. And throw in a fourth. 

All depends on where BTJ falls. Beane really needs to know where his potential landing spots could be #10-28, and jump in.

I think Beane will try to make a big trade up and that he’ll probably succeed. The difference at WR after the top three probably doesn’t warrant a move. If he can’t make a big move up then I think he’ll try to trade back. The feasibility of those trades is the big question. 

There won’t be any WR with a 1st rd grade at 28, but maybe a DT or edge.  Take that defender, then trade up for better position in 2nd to get WR who they still like, but who wasn’t worthy of # 28. 

these WR will likely be there at #28:

Adonai Mitchell

Xavier Worthy

Ladd McConkey

Early 2nd round:

Xavier Legette

Troy Franklin

Keon Coleman

JaLynn Polk

funny thing is, if KC picks any of them at #32 they will be praised.

if Buffalo picked that same player at #28 they will have reached

On 4/23/2024 at 10:02 AM, Brandon said:

I think they'll either stay at 28 or trade up a few a spots. 

I think the pick will be one of this group...Laiatu Latu,  Cooper Dejean,  Ladd McConkey,  Xavier Worthy and Troy Franklin. 

I’d be happy with any of those guys. 

39 minutes ago, eball said:

Congrats to the 36 of you who correctly predicted a move back!

Lol and then a few people piled on after the first round was already over and tried to look smart adding their late vote not realizing it would be time stamped. 

• Haha (+1) 1