Pegulas selling 25% of the Bills, per Tim Graham

5 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

If we had those answers it would be in the post but the process seems to be just starting 

I hate this. I never know what the implications will be, or what the intentions are, and worrying about this team staying or going is exhausting at this point. I feel like I need to just let go in that area.

I know this does not mean that, it's just that I wonder when 25% turns into 50% and so on. I also wonder if this has to do with Kim's health. 

Just now, Aimee75 said:

I hate this. I never know what the implications will be, or what the intentions are, and worrying about this team staying or going is exhausting at this point. I feel like I need to just let go in that area.

I know this does not mean that, it's just that I wonder when 25% turns into 50% and so on. I also wonder if this has to do with Kim's health. 

With the new stadium being built I am not worried about them moving. Didn't the Bills sign a long-term lease to remain in Buffalo with the new stadium on the way. 

• Like (+1) 2

Considering the NFL is basically a money printer, I'm surprised something like cost overruns can cause a partial sale to cover it. I would think there would be some sort of financing available to cover the overruns using the team as collateral (but maybe there are rules against that, or maybe the interest rates are too high to make that option worth it).

2 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

I would encourage you to read Graham's article.

I really don't think it's anything to worry about.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, dpberr said:

I've had a long standing theory that Bills (and Sabres) ownership is more fragile than it appears.  It does not surprise me to see this announcement.

Terry is in his early 70s, Kim's status as owner is unknown, and none of the five kids are easy to spot heir apparent to running the menagerie of companies he has in his portfolio.

What you really don't want to see is Terry pass unexpectedly, and the ownership is transacted by the family to the highest bidder.  That's a nightmare Bon Jovi scenario.  The likelihood of the Bills being owned by someone like Terry with a deep appreciation of Buffalo and western New York is slim in that scenario.  

Good points.

I don't think Kim will ever regain ownership. It has been alluded to. I think the stroke took a huge toll on her. Honestly, maybe it's for the better, that is a highly stressful job and someone who went through what she did should probably not be in that position. I also think about Terry's age often.

32 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

Interesting considering there were rumors about him trying to sell the Sabres yesterday

Some site called Hockey Feed had a story yesterday with Pegs selling Sabres and all other sports interests OTHER than the Bills

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/MRHLeCH92ZmxvRud/?mibextid=oFDknk

Edited by MarkyMannn

@Aimee75

This simple key quote from the ProFootballTalk article on the subject will hopefully put your mind at ease a little bit:

"The skyrocketing valuations of NFL teams and the estate taxes have made it difficult for sole ownership."

In other words, this type of thing is more and more common, and the Pegulas are not the only ones in the NFL doing this. It's a practical financial matter, not a "first step to selling the team entirely" thing.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

@Aimee75

This simple key quote from the ProFootballTalk article on the subject will hopefully put your mind at ease a little bit:

"The skyrocketing valuations of NFL teams and the estate taxes have made it difficult for sole ownership."

In other words, this type of thing is more and more common, and the Pegulas are not the only ones in the NFL doing this. It's a practical financial matter, not a "first step to selling the team entirely" thing.

So I should climb down from the peace bridge?

• Haha (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Logic said:

@Aimee75

Haven’t we seen a team that had to sell already because they couldn’t pay the inheritance tax?  That’s not chump change! 

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

So I should climb down from the peace bridge?

Might wanna wait 'til after pick 28 of the draft. Beane sure was talking a lot about wanting to add a defensive end the other day...

Edited by Logic
  • Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m good for 25% of your 25%. 

I must admit, I did not see this coming when I woke up this morning. I’m glad there is a stadium coming out of the ground, because I’m having Buffalo Braves flashbacks. 

And I am good for 25% of your 25% of his 25%

7 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Has anyone called Douglas Jemal? He has lots of deep investments in Buffalo. Perfect fit.

He's a bit...old (81)

Also, I don't believe he has nearly enough bank. Pretty sure his net worth is something like 150 million.

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Might wanna wait 'til after pick 28 of the draft. Beane sure was talking a lot about wanting to add a defensive end the other day...

I hope not, KC held the crap out of the Bills Ravens and 49ers in the Playoffs and not one holding penalty was called. If this keeps happening it should devalue the DT/DE positions. 

A 3-4 defense with a Joker LB that can just rush from anywhere he wants is probably the way to go.

15 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Is Terry having financial issues?

They dissolved PSE, many rumors of them trying to sell the Sabres on the low, and now they are putting 1/4 of their only valuable sports team on the market.

Something is going on (hint: PSL sales are not going too well).

Edited by Einstein
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just because they are rich, doesn’t mean they are cash rich. They probably need to raise some cash to pay their part of the stadium, or some other expense. No different than when he sold oil land to finance buying the team. 

This likely means nothing in regards to the Bills or Pegula finances. 

Bills aren’t going anywhere, they have a long term lease in place…it would cost a fortune to break that lease.