T'Vondre Sweat arrested for DWI

What an idiot. He can't stay out of trouble for a few months before the biggest and most impactful event of his life (the draft)?

Take him off the draft board. We don't need idiots on the team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, MJS said:

Never. Have you?

Many times and unfortunately many people do. I am 7 years sober in May but in my mind drinking is problematic if someone one is driving 100mph under the influence or if they have a drug addiction and a dependency on alcohol but would I take him off our board completely? Hell no.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, MJS said:

What an idiot. He can't stay out of trouble for a few months before the biggest and most impactful event of his life (the draft)?

Less then 3 weeks to go and he cant have a friend to drive, order an uber or just not drink at all. Some of these guys are complete idiots. Cant fix dumb. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, wppete said:

Less then 3 weeks to go and he cant have a friend to drive, order an uber or just not drink at all. Some of these guys are complete idiots. Cant fix dumb. 

Oh, I agree but should we take him off of our board completely? If he’s there at #128 would you pass him up?

1 hour ago, MJS said:

More like a few weeks..but yeah.

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

Many times and unfortunately many people do. I am 7 years sober in May but in my mind drinking is problematic if someone one is driving 100mph under the influence or if they have a drug addiction and a dependency on alcohol but would I take him off our board completely? Hell no.

It's not just drinking and driving, which is horrible by itself, it's also that he is dumb enough to do it so close to the most important time of his life.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan2313 said:

Na he/she is perfect. Never done anything wrong....

I sure as heck wouldn't be drinking and partying and driving weeks before the NFL draft if I had a chance of getting drafted. I'd be doing everything possible to keep my nose clean and make sure no team has a reason to doubt me.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bobobonators said:

It’s 2024. How in the world do people not take Uber? 

Ummm….because he was drunk?  Drinking to excess and poor decision making go hand in hand. 

A better question is why he didn’t have someone with him for the evening to make sure he didn’t do anything stupid. He must have an agent, and you’d think the agent has a financial interest to make sure his clients are protected leading up to the draft. 

10 minutes ago, MJS said:

I sure as heck wouldn't be drinking and partying and driving weeks before the NFL draft if I had a chance of getting drafted. I'd be doing everything possible to keep my nose clean and make sure no team has a reason to doubt me.

Definitely makes you pause before giving the guy your millions and valuable roster/cap space.  

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Three weeks away from maybe the most important day(s) of his life and he drives drunk.  

Most GMs say the combine drug test isn't a drug test at all, it's an idiot test. If you can't stop smoking weed for a month before the most important day(s) of your life, you sure as hell won't stop when given millions of dollars.

The same applies to this behavior. 

• Agree 2

This is a pretty bad look if I’m a GM.  I’m talking remove from the board entirely type of look.  

Dude can’t even control himself knowing millions of dollars are on the line?

Now for us.. if he slips.. I’d take him as a value pick and lean on the culture built.  

We’ve been losing to teams who take chances on these guys, so I’d take on the risk. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

The Bills dont seem to pick these massive DTs … and he is one of the biggest I can recall in recent years … but if he is still there at 128 why not?  

He seems to have fallen down the mock drafts since the Senior Bowl… but at one stage he seemed like a 40-50 range pick …

10 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I'm posting this because I've seen a lot of people peg him as a Bills target in the 2nd round, although I never thought he would make it to our pick. With this news it's possible he falls down the board.

PURE STUPIDITY!! 

9 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

Depending.

The circumstances of the arrest. the degree of intoxication. and yea , does the kid have any history of irresponsibility

I just can t say Bills will now look away. Expecting them look deeper into him.

He could be a great fit behind DQ and take over that role soon.

Could actually be  effective year one in that McD rotation. imho

Marcel Dareus all over again?? 

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

This is a pretty bad look if I’m a GM.  I’m talking remove from the board entirely type of look.  

Dude can’t even control himself knowing millions of dollars are on the line?

Now for us.. if he slips.. I’d take him as a value pick and lean on the culture built.  

We’ve been losing to teams who take chances on these guys, so I’d take on the risk. 

The majority of our "culture" guys are gone. 

9 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

Never wanted him anyways. Large as can be and has limited pass rush outside of a bull rush. Strikes me as out of league in 4 years or 2 down run stuffer. I don’t see Vita Vea at all

He certainly isn't Vita Vea. I have a latish 2nd on him, but I actually was quite impressed with how much he gets into the backfield and how quick he is off the snap for a guy his size. But I think his ceiling is a good 1T. It would have surprised me if he got out of round two previously, but it wasn't impossible. I think he'd have gone 2nd half of the second round. Now I think he is at more serious risk of going in the third.

Wow, my take here:

Sounds like the line in Kris Kristofferson's song, Sunday Morning Coming Down, "the beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad, so I had one more for dessert".

Sweat was arrested at 2:12pm not AM!  Day drinking at its worst?   Mimosas at brunch? Still hammered from SAT night?  

Might very well drop a couple rounds now and be a late 4th rounder

• Like (+1) 1

Well, I'm still taking him and hopefully he makes it to 60. If he was from Ga. and someone died in a horrific wreck because of his involvement, this story wouldn't last more than a day....and then Philly would take him in the 1st round.

Edited by nosejob

16 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I'm posting this because I've seen a lot of people peg him as a Bills target in the 2nd round, although I never thought he would make it to our pick. With this news it's possible he falls down the board.

Personally, I’ve had him as an early to mid 3rd rounder.  He wouldn’t be my target in 2nd.  I wouldn’t have hated taking him there, but I just think there will be players at 60 I would take over him the way I think then draft falls.

Now if this pushes him down into the 4th, then run to the podium and get him.  I wouldn’t be upset if we traded up from our 4th to still get him in the 3rd either. 

Edited by Alphadawg7

16 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

If it's in direct proportion to what Jim Lahey could hold, you're going to need Punching Bag's special reserve he was gifted. 🤔

“ I am the liquor “

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, nosejob said:

Well, I'm still taking him and hopefully he makes it to 60. If he was from Ga. and someone died in a horrific wreck because of his involvement, this story wouldn't last more than a day....and then Philly would take him in the 1st round.

Difference was Philly's guy was arguably the most talented player in his draft class and fell a few spots down because of some off the field issues. Similar to Warren Sapp. Sweat on the other hand at best is a 2nd Round pick but might fall the mid 3rd to 4th because of this. 

Has it been stated that this was alcohol? Because driving while intoxicated could also be weed, and that makes a lot more sense for an afternoon arrest. Judging from the aroma coming from cars at stoplights in Cincinnati, a significant portion of the population drives around smoking weed all day every day. 

Edited by Low Positive
  • Like (+1) 1

Bad decision by the young man. Still one heck of a prospect at the 1-Tech position and it's the first off-the-field incident that I have heard of in regard to him. I imagine it may drop him a little, but not sure how much it of an effect it will have on him at this point. At some point you would think these guys would learn. But then again, the alcohol will always "tell" you otherwise in the moment.