Dawson Knox contract

Stephen diggs contract

Defense line draft picks that never pan out

Defense tackle signings that are not good enough

No reliable pass rusher 

Wyatt Teller give away

Edmunds 

Star contract

Just curious why he is so highly regarded when these issues have come to roost fully

Edited by Sharky7337
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Vomit 11
  • Eyeroll 26
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 4
  • Dislike 7

2 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

We should definitely fire him.  Imagine.  Trading away Stephen Diggs.

The nerve!

Your right, torches and pitchforks, we must march on One Bills Drive right now!!!  By the way who’s bringing the beer?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Von miller contract

Dawson Knox contract

Stephen diggs contract

No reliable pass rusher 

Wyatt Teller give away

Edmunds 

Just curious why he is so highly regarded when these issues have come to roost fully

Go look at other teams and you’ll have a different opinion 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Go look at other teams and you’ll have a different opinion 

Please provide me with an example outside of Denver and Greenbay that have as much money tied up as us on no production 

Edited by Sharky7337

The Bills have won the 2nd most games in the league since 2020.

They've won four straight division titles.

The only possible reason to say he "deserves" criticism is because they haven't won a title. But if that's the case, then 31 GMs every single year deserve criticism.

Looking at moves in a vacuum for any GM across the league, you're going to see some moves that worked and some that didn't. No GM is immune to mistakes. But looking at the total output and production of a team gives you a sense of what kind of job the team's architect has done. The fact remains that only the Chiefs have won more games than the Bills since 2020, that they've won their division four years in a row, and that they are contenders year in and year out.

You want perfection? Go watch a Kurosawa film or listen to a Betthoven sonata. 

Beane is a very good GM.

P.S. Brandon Beane DOES receive criticism, and if you don't see it, then you're not looking in the right places. Go turn on ESPN, Fox Sports 1, or listen to any drive time football radio show, and you'll hear scores of criticism of Beane and his Bills. Heck, the buzziest phrase in football the past two season has been "the Bills window is closed".

If you're angry at Brandon Beane and want to criticize him, then just say that. Don't manufacture an immunity to criticism that he does not actually possess.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 16
  • Thank you (+1) 11

Just now, Sharky7337 said:

Please provide me with an example outside of Denver and Greenbay that have as much money tied up as us on no production 

You wanna point out the flaws that’s easy.  You can do it with every team and GM

kincaid

shakir

brown

Bernard

Benford 

Allen

Oliver

I’m missing some but you get the point.   Your post is flat out garbage 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Sharky7337 said:

He hasn't earned criticism?

Who on this planet, to include you and me has not earned criticism? Humans don’t do perfect, hell, everything god makes dies, lighten up francis, 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

You wanna point out the flaws that’s easy.  You can do it with every team and GM

kincaid

shakir

brown

Bernard

Benford 

Allen

Oliver

Your reply is equally as bad

• Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 4

Some of us did not like the 2022 offseason at the time and it has proven to be pretty much an unmitigated disaster:

Free Agent signings:

Jordan Phillips - $5m

Tim Settle - $9m

Daquan Jones - $14m

Von Miller - $120m

Roger Saffold - $6.25m

Ryan Bates - $17m

OJ Howard - $3.5m

Jameson Crowder - $2m

Extension:

Stefon Diggs - $96m

First round pick:

Kaiir Elam

I know he had some decent success with some of his later picks - Cook, Bernard, Benford - but it is by any standards a bit of a disaster of an offseason.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4
  • Dislike 2

14 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Sean's influence in the draft room and free agency has crippled this team.

Multiple average running backs

Von miller contract

Elam sucks

It is totally unacceptable in 2024 with Josh Allen as your QB not to have drafted WRs anticipating this day.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Von miller contract

Dawson Knox contract

Stephen diggs contract

No reliable pass rusher 

Wyatt Teller give away

Edmunds 

IMO, the ONLY reason he's not getting the heat he deserves is the drafting of Josh Allen!! Although he built a team that had the Bills in the playoffs the past couple of years, I think some of the decisions prevented those teams from winning the SB. The wasted picks of Cody Ford and Boogie Basham are just 2 examples of those decisions. Not acquiring DHop last season is another. Dawson Knox $, IMO, really hurt that possibility. In my bones, I feel that DHop was that missing piece that prevented the Bills from winning the chip. This year's draft will really tell the story of how open this team's SB window is. I hope he hits it out of the park

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

13 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

kincaid

shakir

brown

Bernard

Benford 

Allen

Oliver

You are missing some (Torrence is notable), and we are 5th in Super Bowl odds for next year. It’s not Ike we are hot garbage, despite what some posters want to sell. 

EVERY GM has hits and misses. To only consider the negative says something that is not really about Beane. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Some of us did not like the 2022 offseason at the time and it has proven to be pretty much an unmitigated disaster:

Free Agent signings:

Jordan Phillips - $5m

Tim Settle - $9m

Daquan Jones - $14m

Von Miller - $120m

Roger Saffold - $6.25m

Ryan Bates - $17m

OJ Howard - $3.5m

Jameson Crowder - $2m

Extension:

Stefon Diggs - $96m

First round pick:

Kaiir Elam

I know he had some decent success with some of his later picks - Cook, Bernard, Benford - but it is by any standards a bit of a disaster of an offseason.

No it’s not, every team dumps guys in the same fashion ever so often, it’s pretty much SOP, Beane took several swings had some success, ( four consecutive AFCE titles, 2nd in total games won since 2020 iirc etc etc) and now is re-tooling the team, it ain’t nuthin but a thing, no worries…, 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Von miller contract

Dawson Knox contract

Stephen diggs contract

No reliable pass rusher 

Wyatt Teller give away

Edmunds 

He has been FAR from perfect but he's also gotten a lot right.

I would keep Beane moving forward if he wanted to stay when McD gets fired.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

No it’s not, every team dumps guys in the same fashion ever so often, it’s pretty much SOP, Beane took several swings had some success, ( four consecutive AFCE titles, 2nd in total games won since 2020 iirc etc etc) and now is re-tooling the team, it ain’t nuthin but a thing, no worries…, 

If Von doesn’t tear his ACL, we might have a very different perspective. They took a VERY big swing, and it didn’t work out due to injury.  

• Like (+1) 7

Because since he’s been our GM we’ve gone 64-34 in the regular season and 5-5 in the playoffs. Not to mention we have a 7-8 year Super Bowl window largely due to the fact that he drafted Josh Allen. And he drafted Allen in a very aggressive way I might add, he swung for the fences and hit a grand slam I might add.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

For all that money spent he got half a season out of Von (okay unlucky) and good production out of Jones. But that is a LOT of dollars down the drain. The right moves that summer we overtook KC. Unfortunately the moves we made were not what was required and wasted our last bit of cap flex in that first window. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

15 minutes ago, Logic said:

The Bills have won the 2nd most games in the league since 2020.

They've won four straight division titles.

The only possible reason to say he "deserves" criticism is because they haven't won a title. But if that's the case, then 31 GMs every single year deserve criticism.

Looking at moves in a vacuum for any GM across the league, you're going to see some moves that worked and some that didn't. No GM is immune to mistakes. But looking at the total output and production of a team gives you a sense of what kind of job the team's architect has done. The fact remains that only the Chiefs have won more games than the Bills since 2020, that they've won their division four years in a row, and that they are contenders year in and year out.

You want perfection? Go watch a Kurosawa film or listen to a Betthoven sonata. 

Beane is a very good GM.

P.S. Brandon Beane DOES receive criticism, and if you don't see it, then you're not looking in the right places. Go turn on ESPN, Fox Sports 1, or listen to any drive time football radio show, and you'll hear scores of criticism of Beane and his Bills. Heck, the buzziest phrase in football the past two season has been "the Bills window is closed".

If you're angry at Brandon Beane and want to criticize him, then just say that. Don't manufacture an immunity to criticism that he does not actually possess.

I like Beane and don’t want him fired …

BUT … he is in the middle of a bad run at the moment … Extending Diggs and Knox and signing Miller have all proven to be poor decisions …and they are coming together now and will negatively impact this 2024 season ( at the least ) which is smack in the middle of Josh Allen’s’ prime …

He got then into this mess, so he deserves a chance to get them out of it given his track record you mention ..

I will watch what he does with interest …, there is a lot at stake now to get our unicorn QB some help to win a Championship..

9 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

IMO, the ONLY reason he's not getting the heat he deserves is the drafting of Josh Allen!! Although he built a team that had the Bills in the playoffs the past couple of years, I think some of the decisions prevented those teams from winning the SB. The wasted picks of Cody Ford and Boogie Basham are just 2 examples of those decisions. Not acquiring DHop last season is another. Dawson Knox $, IMO, really hurt that possibility. In my bones, I feel that DHop was that missing piece that prevented the Bills from winning the chip. This year's draft will really tell the story of how open this team's SB window is. I hope he hits it out of the park

Incredibly hard for me to see how Beane's personnel decisions are more to blame for the 13 seconds game than McDermott's coaching failures or the players' execution failures. Ditto the Bengals game the following year and the Chiefs playoff game this year.

We can all argue 'til we're blue in the face about who deserves what share of blame for which losses, but at the end of the day, two things stick out to me:

1.) The Bills have been very good for four straight seasons. From wins accrued, to division titles, to offensive and defensive rankings, to scoring differential. If there was a waited metric that took all of these into account, it would have only the Chiefs ranked higher. The only thing missing has been a championship which, yes, is obviously the main thing.

2.) Beane DOES get heat! He's getting a ton as we speak! There are TVs always set to ESPN and NFL Network in my workplace lobby, and I haven't been able to walk past a TV the past few days without seeing the Bills get excoriated. All I'm seeing and hearing is "the Bills ask Josh Allen to do too much" and "the Bills' window is closed". I'm just really not sure where people are getting this "Beane doesn't catch any heat" stuff. He absolutely does. The Bills are one of the most criticized times in football the past two years. The "they ask Allen to do too much" narrative, in particular, has been loud and constant, and that's a direct criticism of Brandon Beane's roster construction.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Von miller contract

Dawson Knox contract

Stephen diggs contract

No reliable pass rusher 

Wyatt Teller give away

Edmunds 

I have no idea what you do for a living, but I suspect you are not perfect at every aspect of it. People in positions that require difficult high level decisions who get >50% of them correct are typically doing pretty darn good.  I also doubt that there is a GM in the league that comes remotely close to meeting your perceived expectations of the position.  Of course Beane would like to have a mulligan on a couple of his decisions, but I feel the job he done thus far has earned my trust many times over and I fully expect the Bills to be in it to the end again this year. But then again, I find life is more enjoyable when you think positively vs. negatively.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Because since he’s been our GM we’ve gone 64-34 in the regular season and 5-5 in the playoffs. Not to mention we have a 7-8 year Super Bowl window largely due to the fact that he drafted Josh Allen. And he drafted Allen in a very aggressive way I might add, he swung for the fences and hit a grand slam I might add.

He may very well have already been a Super Bowl winning GM if 13 seconds doesn't happen. We will never know.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Free Agent signings:

Jordan Phillips - $5m

Tim Settle - $9m

Daquan Jones - $14m

Von Miller - $120m

Roger Saffold - $6.25m

Ryan Bates - $17m

OJ Howard - $3.5m

Jameson Crowder - $2m

Extension:

Stefon Diggs - $96m

First round pick:

Kaiir Elam

That is brutal. 

• Agree 2

He’s an average GM who closed his eyes in the 2018 draft and picked one Josh over the other. He’s missed on a bunch of picks but that’s the nature of the business. 
Should we give him a chance to do a mini rebuild which he claims the Bills are not in and see what the team looks like this summer I will but the man is on borrowed time and he knows it.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

IF, and it is a big if right now, the Bills win the division in 2024 they will have won the division title five straight seasons which has never been done before in franchise history and the team will have made the playoffs for 7 out of eight seasons which has never been accomplished by one singular Bills GM (noting he didn’t do the 17 draft, but he was the gm for the season and subsequent draft moves).

Edit: also tying a team record of six straight playoff appearances.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

5 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Von miller contract

Dawson Knox contract

Stephen diggs contract

No reliable pass rusher 

Wyatt Teller give away

Edmunds 

I mean, you’re not wrong, but a lot of this is just plain bad luck.  I personally think Beane is one of the best yet one of the most unlucky GMs in the league.  

Von Miller - was on fire and everyone was pumped before his injury.

Knox - just a bad contract.  His wrist injury didn’t help.

Bass - Was amazing and completely crapped the bed after his extension 

Diggs - was a top 3WR until week 7 last year when he fell off a cliff.  I still think his 4 year production was worthy of a 1st round pick.  Nobody knew Jefferson was: 1) going to be available at our pick and 2) was going to be as talented as he is.  

White: Top 10 CB and suffers two freak non contact injuries in 2 of his last 3 seasons.  

His draft picks have been pretty darn good.  We still don’t know what we have in Elam, but I can’t think of any major misses.  Lots of late round hits.  

We just dumped most of our aging vets and look to be getting significantly younger.  we should have a much better cap situation moving forward as well. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1

34 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Von miller contract

Dawson Knox contract

Stephen diggs contract

No reliable pass rusher 

Wyatt Teller give away

Edmunds 

Because nobody on this board complains 

• Haha (+1) 2

McD and Beane are on the same level to me, tier 2.  They are very good/would get hired instantly by another team.

They just haven't proven to be able to:

1. Coach: Make necessary adjustments/get us over the hump in playoffs

2. Beane: outside of the Allen pick and Diggs trade, he hasn't drafted any "superstars".  Looking at other top-tier teams, who have multiple superstars, he has put together very good teams/depth.

Coach needs to improve, but so does Beane.  He needs to find a superstar in one of these drafts, ideally this year's.  I've also had an issue with Beane DL acquisitions, agree with his philosophy, but he has striked out alot (draft and FA).  Ignored WRs early in draft, and didn't prioritize OL until LY.

Beane and Coach aren't the problem, but we need to get better talent and execute when It matters.  They need to be better I'd we want a SB

• Agree 2

There’s a strange, hateful contingent of the fanbase that is always looking for a way to go after Beane. 

It’s almost like they resent him for his success and try to pick at anything they can. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1