La'al Collins signs for the Bills

4 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Well...that's interesting. 

The Bills pursued him when he was a college FA in 2015. Chose Dallas. But they all end up here eventually.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Could be a Darryl Williams type signing. Yet going to be hard to break into our starting 5 if ask me. 

He surely isn't seen as a starter. Just a backup to compete for a roster spot, I guess.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

9 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Well...that's interesting. 

Eh.  It was one of our remaining holes or positions that lack depth: backup OT.  He'll get to show if his back is healthy and if he's returned from the ACL/MCL he suffered late in the 2022 season.  He hasn't played a regular season snap since.  Spent last season on the PS.

I wouldn't have thought he was a "process guy", but maybe they think he's learned something since 2021 :doh:

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Logic said:

Camp competition for the swing tackle role, methinks.

I really liked the way Ryan VanDemark looked, but what the hell do I know?

We still had Ifedi on the active roster.  Could compete for that role as I think they do like Van Demark as the swing tackle. 

5 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Could be a Darryl Williams type signing. Yet going to be hard to break into our starting 5 if ask me. 

More like this year's Brandon Shell/ Ifedi... A vet RT that hopefully never has to see the field. 

Edited by Motorin'
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Logic said:

I personally would have thought Van Demark >> apparently washed up La'al Collins, but we'll see.

1 minute ago, Logic said:

I think Van Demark looked bad on the right side. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This was the dude that was expected to go in the first round, but then had the legal issue pop up RIGHT before the draft, right? And after the first round came and went without him being drafted, his agent told/asked every NFL team NOT to draft him, as he wanted Collins to be able to pick his own team? Then every team obliged, and he signed a UDFA deal with Dallas?

I remember being so mad at the Bills that year for not calling his agent's bluff and just drafting him in the 7th round. What could he have really done about it? 

Oh well. That's milk that was spilled a looooong time ago. And now, 9 years too late, he's a Bill. 

He'll be an interesting bit of trivia, along with former Bills Vince Young, Matt Leinart, and Reggie Bush.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'll also give it up for my guy, Gouriage. I am so interested to see his preseason this summer. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, MPL said:

I'd say trading Dawkins to move up in the draft is all but done now 🙃

This was my first thought 😂 He's the only player so far who said anything to Diggs that I saw 🤣 HE MUST GO!

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

Contract details will be key here.....up to $6.25M sounds insane.

I wonder if trading Brown is in play....I highly doubt it, but he is going into the final year of his deal. That contract just seems absurd for a depth tackle. But again hopefully the base salary is a lot less than what is being reported. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

OK....now the Diggs trade makes sense

We had to spend that extra 3 million before we could sign this guy for 2/3 of what they have left.

Beane working with government funding.  Use it or lose it! 🤣

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Process said:

I wonder if trading Brown is in play....I highly doubt it, but he is going into the final year of his deal. That contract just seems absurd for a depth tackle. But again hopefully the base salary is a lot less than what is being reported. 

I'd guess the base is 3.5 mil and the 6.25 is based on playing time 

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

I'd guess the base is 3.5 mil and the 6.25 is based on playing time 

Hope so. 

I see some our suggesting him starting at G. The contract would make more sense then. But has he played guard before?

2 minutes ago, Process said:

Totally insane. He is toast.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

This move is out of left field.....but Collins if he's healthy is a quality player.  

I thought he was an OT,  can he play LG?  

Yes he can play OG. He actually IMO is better inside. That is where he started at in Dallas. 

1 minute ago, Process said:

Hope so. 

I see some our suggesting him starting at G. The contract would make more sense then. But has he played guard before?

He stated his career in Dallas inside and was good there only bumped outside when Free Retired 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Trust The Process said:

I'm guessing La'el Collins will play the role David Edwards played last season

I am guessing he gets first shot at the LG spot. Where he started his career in Dallas and was good. 

• Like (+1) 1