WR Mike Williams signs with Jets

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

The Jets are bigger MASH unit than the Bills were last year. Ouch.

They are a very talented roster on paper but they need a lot to go right. They will be a very tough team next year if they stay healthy.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 3

As much as I like to bash the Jets, if they have the money to throw

around, this is a good signing.

They don’t need Williams to be fully healthy. They have Hall and Wilson as their main offensive weapons. Williams will be great as a complimentary piece who ideally can play in like 60% of the games. It’s a bit of a luxury signing for them.

• Like (+1) 2

I don’t hate what they’re doing.. they have a pretty small window to make a run, so risky, short term signings make some sense … but man.. that’s a fragile roster. 

• Like (+1) 1

Jets plan of action:

1. Sign players that have trouble staying healthy.

2. Make them play on the worst surface in the NFL.

3. Pin failed season on key injuries.

4. Parlay that into not getting fired and running it back with the same terrible coaching staff.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

As much as I like to bash the Jets, if they have the money to throw

around, this is a good signing.

They don’t need Williams to be fully healthy. They have Hall and Wilson as their main offensive weapons. Williams will be great as a complimentary piece who ideally can play in like 60% of the games. It’s a bit of a luxury signing for them.

Not a luxury at all. Other than Wilson they have nothing at WR/TE. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 mil for an old guy recovery from an ACL, hmmm i think we’ve seen this kinda thing before…, 

Just now, DJB said:

The Jets are 100% taking Bowers round 1.

Damn 

Yeah thats the one move they could make that would actually bother me. It’s what they should do. But they probably wont because they are the Jets. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Easy to laugh at Jets but if they stay healthy they may contend. Rodgers has had a lot of rest so could come back and have a good year. He has a solid OL now with Hall at RB and Wilson and Williams at WR. They draft Bowers or see what WR is available. That is a solid O. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

Bills run the East.  Jets improved, Fins took big step back, Pats weren’t so great, and have yet to improve. Jets make wildcard imo, Miami does not 

If Fins took step back so did we. 

32 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Easy to laugh at Jets but if they stay healthy they may contend. Rodgers has had a lot of rest so could come back and have a good year. He has a solid OL now with Hall at RB and Wilson and Williams at WR. They draft Bowers or see what WR is available. That is a solid O. 

The Jets are not going to contend with the “brain trust” of Rodgers, Saleh, and Hackett. The first is shot, and the next two are horrible at their jobs.  They will be lucky to get 8 games out of Mike Williams, although that is still possibly an upgrade over Randall Cobb.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I would have gladly taken a 1 year chance on him.  Dumb Panthers couldn't close the deal and send him to the NFC

I wouldn't for that money...I prefer Samuel and take a rookie early.  Williams is all name, light on substance.  He is always hurt and he has a tendency to have a couple big games that pad his season total stats, then disappear for most of the other games.  

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, FLFan said:

The Jets are not going to contend with the “brain trust” of Rodgers, Saleh, and Hackett. The first is shot, and the next two are horrible at their jobs.  They will be lucky to get 8 games out of Mike Williams, although that is still possibly an upgrade over Randall Cobb.  

3 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

The Jets could roll with Jesus Christ at WR and still find a way to F it up.  Zero worries

A lot of people probably say the same about us. We have Josh Allen playing like an alien and cannot find him weapons in find ways to choke in the playoffs. Spend a ton of money on D and have a head coach that is supposed to be a D genius but chokes in the playoffs and cant stop anyone. Not to mention the weird and crazy ways we have lost games because of bad decisions. 

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

A lot of people probably say the same about us. We have Josh Allen playing like an alien and cannot find him weapons in find ways to choke in the playoffs. Spend a ton of money on D and have a head coach that is supposed to be a D genius but chokes in the playoffs and cant stop anyone. Not to mention the weird and crazy ways we have lost games because of bad decisions. 

I see your point but these are two completely different plains.  Saleh is a disaster of ia head coach.  Poor leader, port decision maker, and established choke artist.  He can coach some defense, but he has established zero credibility as a head coach.  The Bills and McD are on a completely different level.  

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

Oh, I don't care what people say about us.  You shouldn't either 🤣

Good signing for the Jets. 

I would have been happy to have him on the Bills with a reasonable contract.