Dion Dawkins cryptic tweet UPDATE: EXTENDED PER SCHEFTY

19 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

Fo sho 

think they could get a first for him tho??

No chance. He will be 30 before the season starts. His cash this season is $10.3M, which is excellent for an above average LT (which he has comfortably been). A big issue would be that he is under contract for only this season so any team trading for him would have to extend him. That’s not going to be cheap. And there’s the question of how he will hold up. His weight issues are well known. To his credit he’s always rounded into shape and played well. But as he plays into his 30s that gets sketchier. Plus if the Bills are looking to trade him, then that’s a red flag to other teams. 

I’m not sure how telling him to play out his deal would go over though. This is extension time. The Bills legit might have to move him if they can’t come to an agreement on an extension. 

Edited by BarleyNY

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

Can people stop with the "Millennials" stuff? He was born in 94. One year later and he would have been Gen Z. I think you're referring more to Gen Z's than Millennials. You do realize that there are a lot of Millennials in their early 40's now, right? And a lot more are in their late 30's. Or are you one of those ones where anyone born from 1980 until now is a Millennial? 

Such a Millennial post.

• Haha (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

You realize that the internet was even out yet when I was born either, right? I was 9 years old in 1995 when the internet came out. The oldest millennials were 14 when the internet came out. We can remember before the internet existed. So, we don't fall in line with the blaming we get with a lot of stuff. 

The internet came out in 1995? 

I never even knew it was gay. Good for them. 

• Haha (+1) 3

It just annoys me. I'm almost 40 as a Millennial, the oldest Millennials are now 43 years old but they still get blamed for stupid things and have stuff said about them like "it's hard to interpret a Millennials tweets" like we are still 25 years old lol.

As Gord would say:

"This one thing probably never goes away
I think this one thing is always supposed to stay
This one thing doesn't have to go away"

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, transient said:

It may be pronounced the same, but technically I'm a... xoomer? 

Like it. Gen X sounds like a 50's sci-fi film anyway. Keeping labels straight is burdensome. Truth is, from Boomers to Zoomers and all in-between, we're all drawn like moths to the flame of the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 1

Cutting/trading him would be absolutely stupid Imo and would really make me question beanes decision making. He's one of the best left tackles in the nfl and a crucial peice to Josh Allen. Why on earth would they get rid of him 

I'm 45. I guess I'm not gen x anymore.  There is some new stupid name I saw on FB not to long ago.  

Fitting though, people my age never really fit anywhere our entire life, that's why we gave the world grunge and NIN

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

lol people are so gullible 

The thing that gets me is the multiple leaps people make.

When something is said or tweeted, it's one thing to imply maybe it means something beyond what it most likely is.

But then they leap again to it means a trade is likely or possible based on the unlikely conclusion they've already jumped to.

Can people stop with the "Millennials" stuff? He was born in 94. One year later and he would have been Gen Z. I think you're referring more to Gen Z's than Millennials. You do realize that there are a lot of Millennials in their early 40's now, right? And a lot more are in their late 30's. Or are you one of those ones where anyone born from 1980 until now is a Millennial? 

Generally speaking, I don't think most people care about the difference between a Millennial, a Gen X, a Gen Z, or anything in between or after. 'Boomer' seems to have become a generic catchall for anyone perceived as older and set in their ways and 'Millennial' seems to have become a generic catchall for anyone perceived to be younger and clueless. As a near 40-year old, you're probably perceived as a Boomer to anyone in their 20s or younger and perceived as a Millennial to anyone in their 60s or older. We've all been lumped into either Boomer or Millennial. :beer: 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

It just annoys me. I'm almost 40 as a Millennial, the oldest Millennials are now 43 years old but they still get blamed for stupid things and have stuff said about them like "it's hard to interpret a Millennials tweets" like we are still 25 years old lol.

I know exactly who Gene Wilder is because again, Millennials are either near 40 or over 40. But you still think they are 25 years old lol

stripes-francis-francis.gif

As a technical "Millennial" does that make me a "boomer"?

Edited by The Wiz

1 minute ago, Niagara Dude said:

I'm ok trading him if we can get a first,  even a lower first and continue to get this team younger.

Were not getting a first for him, maybe a 3rd, you know the one that suddenly disappeared from the comp picks

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

What would his trade value be ? He is about to turn 30 …and you gotta pay him $15m+ a  year as well..

3rd? 

Doesn’t make a lot of sense ..

Pro-Bowl caliber LT’s don’t grow on trees.    I think there would be legit compensation. 

If that’s what this is… Kromer must love Van Demark. 

3 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

This is rich.

Yeah, there's absolutely no difference between the *GM* of the team, who makes the decisions of a players future, *specifically* talking about the future of a player at a position that is overly crowded and a player with little reason to be traded themselves tweeting out something "cryptic" 🙄

This place is so weird. When Bates got traded people were disappointed the Bills only got a 5th for him. Now people are speculating that Dawkins might get traded and they might only get a 3rd for him? THIS IS WHY NOBODY HERE IS A GM!!!!

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Cutting/trading him would be absolutely stupid Imo and would really make me question beanes decision making. He's one of the best left tackles in the nfl and a crucial peice to Josh Allen. Why on earth would they get rid of him 

IMO it only happens if Beane sees his value as Top 15 LT and Dion/agent demand Top 5 LT $ 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

This place is so weird. When Bates got traded people were disappointed the Bills only got a 5th for him. Now people are speculating that Dawkins might get traded and they might only get a 3rd for him? THIS IS WHY NOBODY HERE IS A GM!!!!

Do you think he's worth a 1st?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Do you think he's worth a 1st?

Oh I do - I find it odd that people severely overvalued a rarely used backup lineman but then put such low value onto the starting left tackle who (take it for what it's worth) made the pro bowl on multiple occasions

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Extension highly likely then

They for sure are not going to create a hole at LT when they already have a big task ahead of them to field a solid team. I think it means they are going to open up enough space to make a somewhat bigger move in free agency, but even if it's not that, it isn't trading away a key piece of the best Oline you've had in years. Especially after letting Morse go. It makes absolutely no sense.

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Oh I do - I find it odd that people severely overvalued a rarely used backup lineman but then put such low value onto the starting left tackle who (take it for what it's worth) made the pro bowl on multiple occasions

I would trade him for a 1st if anyone is offering,,,

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

here you go.  The nice part is they don't know who Gene Wilder is so it's even better.

ok-millennial-ad2c895f38.jpg

Millenials definitely know who Gene Wilder is. They’re in their mid 30’s to mid-40’s. They aren’t kids and haven’t been for a long time.

For whatever reason whenever somebody ages out of knowing how to use technology every young person in the world going forward is whatever the young generation was at that time. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1