What is your unpopular Bills opinion?

Mikie2times

We need to build around the defense. The offense is fine the way it is, Josh is special he can make up for the lack of talent. The NFL is about to morph into a defensive league we need to be ahead of the curve. 

In all seriousness having a defense that can shut teams down in the playoffs would be a refreshing sight to see. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

12 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The 2022 playoff game here I totally throw out. I don't think he schooled McDermott. I just think the Bills did not turn up at all. I don't think Vince Lombardi as Head Coach with Belichick as DC and Walsh as OC would have won that game for the Bills that day. The players just looked done to my eye. They played with zero energy the whole game and Josh Allen looked like a zombie. I throw that out. It wasn't a coaching loss. It was a total team loss. It was over from the first drives on each side. It is the only game the Bills have lost by more than a single score since November 2021. 

Sure Taylor had a great win in KC in a playoff game. I don't take that away from him at all. But that was a game that went to overtime that came down to a play here and a play there and went the Bengals way. I see Taylor coach poorly way too often in regular season games. Their own fans will tell you he isn't that much cop as a playcaller and basically gets bailed out by having Joe Burrow, Ja'marr Chase and Tee Higgins. I don't think the Bills are incapable of beating the Chiefs in the playoffs. We have beaten the Chiefs twice in the last two years where it has been a play here or a play there that has gone our way. In the post-season those plays have gone their way. I don't think that is a reflection of coaching (with the 13 second exception). The Bills this year were right were they needed to be in that game despite all their injuries on defense and just couldn't finish. 

If people want to take the "he should have been fired after 13 seconds" position I understand it, don't agree, but understand. If he'd have missed the playoffs this season I'd have fired him - that is fireable in my book when you have Josh Allen. But losing by a field goal to Mahomes and Reid in the playoffs isn't fireable and certainly isn't a reflection on who he is as a coach. If he starts losing playoff games where he has a clear Quarterback advantage I'll start calling for him to be fired, I assure you. If he starts missing the playoffs, likewise. Equally if it gets back to "actually we are getting blown out by Mahomes" then fine, move on. But losing a game that could have gone either way and where we were right there... no. That doesn't tell me we have the wrong coach. 

McMarty's defense allowed 19 second half points to Houston. But we did post a 1st half shut out. Plus that was against Pre Touchy Watson who was much better than post touchy Watson so we need to factor that in. Against the Colts the next year McMarty's defense gave up 472 yards and 27 first downs. But we can't really focus on that performance given the placement of the sun. Plus it was Rivers last game so you know he was going to ball out. I understand we allowed 439 yards and 29 first downs to the Chiefs in the AFC championship, but we made it. When was the last time we made it that far?

Then we take 13 seconds and we say "I get it". We have to say that. It's like getting caught in bed with a stripper, powder on her chest,  and your nose looking dusty. You can't exactly call it flour at that point. Which paves the way for the next two years of failure. We were sleepy. We were injured. McMarty Apologists live in alternate universe where the claps don't make a sound, the gingers don't get burned from the sun, and the losses are wins. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BananaB said:

This is what I find weird. A lot of those players that were forced to play early developed into the backbone of this team. Now it’s like a lot of young players are taken from the field the minute they make a mistake. Look at the dline, they draft guys then sign vets to do the job. Continue bringing back guys that no other team wants because they are familiar with the system.  Let them play early and learn from their mistakes like when McD was hired. Late in the season you’ll have a good idea who they are. Look at Williams, they went to Kline who had no chance in hell on doing a solid job because of what’s between the ears. 

That is a solid point. 

22 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Yeah those were good moves. I truly don't think any player 5th round or later is any better than an UDFA. I like the idea of trading out of those spots and picking up extra picks the following year. 

Trading out of the first round though is all about getting 4 guys in the top 100 instead of 3.

Did you watch Trey Smith, Isaiah Pacheco, Jaylen Watson, and Brock Purdy play in the Super Bowl?

• Haha (+1) 1

On 2/14/2024 at 9:46 AM, The Frankish Reich said:

Labatt's Blue is a crap beer.

Chicken wings, I can take 'em or leave 'em.

Brave words, but you've earned my respect. 

On 2/14/2024 at 4:17 PM, GASabresIUFan said:

The Bills trade out of the 1st round to get an extra pick in the 3rd round.

Why not? Duper and Clayton (Miami) were drafted in rounds 2 and 8 respectively. 

Next time Bills play overseas in experiment they should treat game like a preseason game (week 3) to rest starters activating as many practice squad players as possible without announcing it to NFL.  Players would play one play so they can maintain their game playing streaks and team would be flexible on players bonuses end of year if they are near it.  .

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

This is the most acrobatic catch by a Bills receiver I recall

This one is close to the Stevie catch, if not better considering the entire outcome. This is among my all time favorite plays. Always was a huge Moulds fan. Wait for the replay. Pretty sick. 

Edited by Mikie2times
  • Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

This one is close to the Stevie catch, if not better considering the entire outcome. This is among my all time favorite plays. Always was a huge Moulds fan. Wait for the replay. Pretty sick. 

Yeah I'd say the Stevie catch was acrobatic/impressive on its own but this was the bigger play.

Earlier in this thread I posted people now forget how frustrating as a QB Fitz was.  Because on like the next play or two he threw an INT after that Stevie catch! 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 2/15/2024 at 9:09 PM, Awwufelloff said:

We shouldn’t have built a stadium on the same place as the last due to ancient Indian burial ground curse. 

Well at least now the new stadium isn't going to be built on top of an ancient burial ground like it is now so there's that! 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 2/15/2024 at 6:12 PM, 0017 said:

We need to build around the defense. The offense is fine the way it is, Josh is special he can make up for the lack of talent. The NFL is about to morph into a defensive league we need to be ahead of the curve. 

In all seriousness having a defense that can shut teams down in the playoffs would be a refreshing sight to see. 

I’d much rather see us construct an offense that can get ahead of all that defensive trend. Find explosive playmakers. Imagine how good we could be with 2 burners on the outside like Miami has. & you sign Derrick Henry to really put defenses in a tough spot on every play.  Are the Bills running an option with Allen, Henry and Cook? Is it play-action deep to one of your big rookie burners on the outside?  

• Like (+1) 1

I remember in 2012 after losing to the Rams and Seahawks back to back fans were calling in WGR being nostalgic about 2004 in that at least there was meaningful December football games played.

Losing to the Chiefs sucks and it felt even worse for me last year than 13 seconds.....  that being said I always try to remind myself of those days in 2012 and not take this current team for granted.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Losing to the Chiefs sucks and it felt even worse for me last year than 13 seconds.....  that being said I always try to remind myself of those days in 2012 and not take this current team for granted.  

13 seconds to me is worse as coaching was so directly involved in that outcome and the final 2 mins.

This year Buffalo had to play a certain gameplan given the limitations the defense had starting two guys who were not even playing a month earlier and the overall attrition that side of the ball had. They needed an A+ day across the board as there was zero room for error and it was a B+ maybe A- effort. Good and valiant but not enough given where KC was at. I can live with that a lot easier as you will be healthier some years then others and I couldn't really pin point a specific mistake the way against CIN (playing 40 yds off the line) or 13 seconds I could.

And yea it sucks they haven't broken through, but trust me these are farrr better days then what we had and it isnt to be taken for granted.

Research has shown that red uniforms are more likely to win when compared to blue uniforms, so Bills should choose red uniforms when playing a team with a red base

especially the Chiefs.

3 hours ago, Nklaiste1 said:

Unpopular - Allen isn't nearly as good as people think. I just don't view him as "top tier" quarterback as most people do. I can't put my finger on it exactly but he's just missing something. 

A lot of people would have said something like this about Mathew Stafford when he played at Detroit.  Then he was traded to LA and won a Super Bowl.  You might want to look at coaching & the Bills roster rather then Allen here.

On 2/15/2024 at 9:09 PM, Awwufelloff said:

We shouldn’t have built a stadium on the same place as the last due to ancient Indian burial ground curse. 

without a dome and in Orchard Park with nothing of substance in terms of commerce around it. 

• Agree 2

On 2/18/2024 at 2:03 AM, GunnerBill said:

And even on this roster Matt Milano says hi. 

As does Stefon Diggs. I'm sure that Kyle Williams and Stevie Johnson would be glad to chime in, as well.

On 2/13/2024 at 11:29 AM, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Im going to get ripped for this but here goes....

Bills mafia is a terrible nickname for our fan base. I hate it so much.

A small but vocal and ever present minority of fans are really drunken trash that I would never associate with in any other venue. You know this is true. You see them every game. My wife looks around at the parking lot and we can't wait to make it to our club seats. In a perfect world there would be seperate parking and gates for those willing to pay a higher price to avoid the drunken gauntlet on game day. 

I can't beleive Im agreeing with Ethan in Cleveland!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

We love to the underdog player so much that we hate change because the 1 of 20 guys we held on to ends up making himself a pro bowl career. 

embrace change and a new player, not everyone is meant to be here 4+ years. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

That our D will never be a true #5 or higher ranked unit because of the McD oversight and control on that side of the ball and its coaching & the Von Miller effect, which at this time is all bad.   Our defense is horrendous in the postseason and all the stats prove this to be true especially against KC.   Digg's will be a non factor and check out on this team in 2024.  Beane is just treading water with personnel and we are the 3rd worst team in the league this year cap wise.  A lot to be done with hardly any money available on the books,  that will require cuts and major contract restructures. 

Team & Cap space (Estimated) 2024

Washington Commanders, $73.6 million
Tennessee Titans, $67.8 million
Chicago Bears, $67.0 million
New England Patriots, $66.0 million
Cincinnati Bengals, $59.4 million
Indianapolis Colts, $58.9 million
Houston Texans, $57.7 million
Detroit Lions, $44.8 million
Arizona Cardinals, $41.7 million
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, $36.9 million
Las Vegas Raiders, $35.3 million
Carolina Panthers, $28.6 million
Los Angeles Rams, $27.7 million
Atlanta Falcons, $25.8 million
Minnesota Vikings, $24.6 million
Philadelphia Eagles, $19.9 million
New York Giants, $19.5 million
Kansas City Chiefs, $15.2 million
Jacksonville Jaguars, $11.3 million
Baltimore Ravens, $7.3 million
New York Jets, $1.7 million
Green Bay Packers, -$2.9 million
Seattle Seahawks, -$5.3 million
San Francisco 49ers, -$12.4 million
Pittsburgh Steelers, -$13.9 million
Cleveland Browns, -$19.6 million
Dallas Cowboys, -$19.7 million
Denver Broncos, -$24.1 million
Los Angeles Chargers, -$35.5 million
Buffalo Bills, -$51.3 million
Miami Dolphins, -$51.9 million
New Orleans Saints, -$83.7 million

The negativity of this board collapses the quantum field into a dimension of reality where the Bills can never get over he hump in order to fulfill the karmic obligation of loserness. 

Edited by nedboy7

17 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

The negativity of this board collapses the quantum field into a dimension of reality where the Bills can never get over he hump in order to fulfill the karmic obligation of loserness. 

I’m no Einstein, but that sounds very bad. 

7 hours ago, papazoid said:

tre white will be a cap casualty by march 18th

what a shame, one of my favorite players....injuries are the cruel part of the game that cut careers short

You think he’s going to peruse his dream of a hockey career, like Dion and Bo as a 2 sport guy? 

What happens with Tre is intriguing. He was so clearly hesitant to come back from the ACL I wonder what it will look like after the Achilles. Are those the two WORST injuries you can have, especially for a CB? 

Edited by Augie

12 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

13 seconds didn’t matter. Bills would have loss the next week to the Bengals. 

Yeah I have to Piggyback off this for mine and say that even if 13 seconds didn't happen that does not guarantee the Bills automatically win the Super Bowl that year(blows my mind that so many Bills fans think that) 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

On 2/13/2024 at 2:38 PM, FilthyBeast said:

5 years from now Josh Allen will be out of the league and/or a shell of himself like Cam Newton and it will be dark days for many years again as Bills fans continue to watch Mahomes and the Chiefs rack up the Lombardis and realize the true impact of the events of the 2017 draft.

This was just too easy. Almost every take of FilthyBeast is unpopular here.  Of course, almost every take of FilthyBeast is popular on KC or Miami message boards. 

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

13 seconds didn’t matter. Bills would have loss the next week to the Bengals. 

I'd agree if "would" was "could."

Probably would have been a good, close game - 50/50.  But agreed w/ the general sentiment that fans are too assumptive about how that game might have gone.

Unpopular?

Bills really screwed the pooch by trading the Mahomes pick. Not because I don't like Josh...I absolutely *love* Josh and I don't want anyone else at QB for us. But passing on Mahomes and gifting him to the Chiefs not only means they passed on the best QB of this generation, but also gifted him to an AFC rival that will keep us out of the Super Bowl for the entirety of his career.

Nevertheless, I still love having Josh as our QB, despite the implications.

Jordan Poyer has always been a solid Bill, but overrated.  He’s killed them in the playoffs, dating back to the game in Houston.

Damar Hamlin is somehow immune from criticism for failing to develop into a suitable replacement for Poyer/Hyde 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1