Super Bowl LVIII game thread.

TBBills Fan

Reminiscent of Hurts fumbling for 6 against the Chiefs when Philly was dominating. These teams just give in to the mystique and self implode. Brady’s Patriots wouldn’t have much problem beating these Chiefs IMO. They didn’t make these crucial mistakes. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

I miss the Super Bowl’s of the 2000’s and 2010’s when we often saw two elite QB’s battle up and down the field. 

The NFC is just sad.  Literally no top quarterbacks in the whole conference. And about 7 in the AFC.

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

What makes you think the Bills would win this game? Both of these defenses are better than ours.

Honestly … I think Allen has a higher ceiling than anyone, Mahomes included, and his running ability would be the difference in this game.

When Allen plays like that, I haven’t seen anyone stop him, so…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

SF is the NFC version of Miami. The conference just happens to be weak enough to allow them into the Super Bowl. 

SF is probably the most talented team in the league. If they would have played mistake free tonight they would easily beat KC. But they are making enough mistakes to keep KC in it. No comparison between SF and Miami. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Reminder - Purdy got more MVP votes than Allen.

He got more vote points for like having higher 2nd and 3rd place votes but Allen had the only other 1st place vote.

Technically with how close the game is if the 49ers pull their heads out of their ass and remember they're a running team they could get the lead back and hang on to it with how much time is left. I'm not holding my breath, it's hard for a young QB in a high pressure situation like this on it's own, can't imagine when the HC apparently panics and forgets his entire teams identity.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Billznut said:

SF is probably the most talented team in the league. If they would have played mistake free tonight they would easily beat KC. But they are making enough mistakes to keep KC in it. No comparison between SF and Miami. 

Dallas has some talent too.

Just now, Billznut said:

Maybe not, but I see similarities between Tua and Purdy. Limited QB’s whose offensive minded coach gets every last bit out of them. If Shanahan get back to calling his system that helps his limited QB, they might win this one. 

Niners can win this, and I'm rooting hard for it. But this has that feeling of inevitability that so many Chiefs games have where they look like ***** and pull it out by the skin of their teeth.

• Agree 1

Maybe not, but I see similarities between Tua and Purdy. Limited QB’s whose offensive minded coach gets every last bit out of them. If Shanahan get back to calling his system that helps his limited QB, they might win this one. 

Tua is better than Purdy. He's limited but he at least occasionally makes a play from a messy pocket. Purdy hasn't done that once in this game. He's got by far the most talented group of skill players around him, his weaknesses are really holding them back.

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.