Frazier Hired As Seahawks Assistant Head Coach

Dick_Cheney

22 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Compensatory pick comment in 3, 2….

Is this not worth a discussion?

You know it’s TWO third round picks, right? If a minority defensive coordinator is hired to be a head coach, the team he left gets two third round picks.

The question is if Frazier fits that description.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/nfl-compensatory-picks-for-minority-coaches-and-executives-explained

1 minute ago, Rigotz said:

You know it’s TWO third round picks, right? If a minority defensive coordinator is hired to be a head coach, the team he left gets two third round picks.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/nfl-compensatory-picks-for-minority-coaches-and-executives-explainedD

So does he ? 

Man, imagine the conservative in game decisions the Seahawks will exhibit this year. 

- Punts at the 35! Yes. 

- FG from 4 & 2!  YES! 

- Not blitzing for an entire game!  YES, GIVE ME MORE!

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/nfl-compensatory-picks-for-minority-coaches-and-executives-explained

So was Frazier hired as a HC? No? Well, there's the answer. 

Great hire by the Seahawks. Getting a sound voice in the room with HC experience is a huge "get" for a rookie HC. Leslie is well liked and well respected by players. And contrary to how he's portrayed here he in an excellent coach, especially in gameplan ing and teaching. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Compensatory pick comment in 3, 2….

For New England…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, SydneyBillsFan said:

For reasons I simply cannot understand he gets a lot of disrespect here, but I always viewed him as a gentleman and a person of the highest character.

I sincerely hope that he enjoys success in Seattle.

Oh I'm sure he's a great guy.  Just didn't exude the killer personality you'd want out of your defense.  Unless you like calm, measured, QB calming defensive pre-snap alignments and coverages.  Then he's your guy.

43 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

So was Frazier hired as a HC? No? Well, there's the answer. 

Great hire by the Seahawks. Getting a sound voice in the room with HC experience is a huge "get" for a rookie HC. Leslie is well liked and well respected by players. And contrary to how he's portrayed here he in an excellent coach, especially in gameplan ing and teaching. 

I believe he was a day 1 with McD as well. Many 1st time coaches look for someone with HC experience so they have a sounding board 

• Agree 1

54 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

It's not worth discussing because, 1) Frazier is not being hired as a head coach or GM, and 2) Frazier is not leaving the Bills. He left last year.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, ScotSHO said:

Oh I'm sure he's a great guy.  Just didn't exude the killer personality you'd want out of your defense.  Unless you like calm, measured, QB calming defensive pre-snap alignments and coverages.  Then he's your guy.

I mean he had 20 interceptions in 65 games played, including leading the 85 Bears in picks at 6 then blew out his knee and had to retire...as an undrafted player...I'd say whatever instinct and drive he has inside him is pretty freaking killer and competitive, but I do agree he's not rah rah and he seems like he'd rather jump on an inevitable mistake than give up plays trying to force one.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

For reasons I simply cannot understand he gets a lot of disrespect here, but I always viewed him as a gentleman and a person of the highest character.

Dick Jauron was a helluva guy too! I think they both subscribed to the same d philosophy as well. I dont think anyone is questioning him being a great man. He is.

Edited by Bferra13
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, somnus00 said:

I was told that he was only getting interviews because of the Rooney Rule. No way he's actually respected around the league for being a good coach. 

Looking at some of the HC hires this  week, nothing would really surprise me about an assistant hire …

3 hours ago, Rigotz said:

Gonna be a lot of upset people around here when Frazier lands a HC spot in 2025 and two 3rd round picks get sent to Seattle. :o

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

So do they but there's a reason they're not letting him call plays.  Good teacher I guess.

2 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

My understanding is that Leslie Frazier was no longer under contract to the Bills.  Since Frazier was essentially a free agent, we won't get squat for compensation.

We wouldn't anyways. He wasn't hired as a head coach or GM.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ScotSHO said:

Man, imagine the conservative in game decisions the Seahawks will exhibit this year. 

- Punts at the 35! Yes. 

- FG from 4 & 2!  YES! 

- Not blitzing for an entire game!  YES, GIVE ME MORE!

The game he didn't blitz once he beat Patrick Mahomes. Just saying.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, somnus00 said:

I was told that he was only getting interviews because of the Rooney Rule. No way he's actually respected around the league for being a good coach. 

He is a really good coach. I have never known a guy get so much hate off a fanbse for good performance. 

Frazier was DC in Buffalo 6 years. He had 4 top ten defenses in 6 years. 3 of them were top 5. His only year outside the top 15 defensively was his first year - 2017 - when he was coordinating a defense starting Adolphus Washington, Preston Brown, Ramon Humber and Leonard Johnson. 

He is a damn good football coach and the disrespect he gets is totally ridiculous.

5 hours ago, TBBills Fan said:

I believe he was a day 1 with McD as well. Many 1st time coaches look for someone with HC experience so they have a sounding board 

He'd have crossed over with MacDonald in Baltimore too so like when he came here it is a guy he knows as well. In fact I think MacDonald might even have been assistant DBs when Leslie was DBs coach for the Ravens right before the Bills hired him.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ScotSHO said:

After this past season, I don't blame Frazier at all for any defensive struggles we had during his time here. It's McDermott's defense. Always has been.

This year the defensive performance was identical to every year Frazier was here - Looked like the best defense in the league through the first month; suffered a mid-season slump that culminated in losing a chance at the #1 seed; rebounded in December; then inevitably collapsed in the playoffs when faced with real competition. That's been the narrative every year since 2020 and there's only one common denominator.

I don't think Frazier is some defensive genius, and I'm not losing sleep over his exit, but he inspired and developed his players, and had the defense fighting hard on every snap. He wasn't responsible for the failures of the scheme.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.