At the end, how Josh Allen's carrer will look like ?

Repulsif

At the end, how Josh Allen's carrer will look like ?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Your answer

• A Philip Rivers one. No title, several playoff apparences ans that's it
    • A Stafford one. A trade late to finally win the big one with another team
    • A Elway one. Finally winning right before it's too late with thé original team
    • The answer 4

Tough to say. He won’t be here much longer. I give him 1 more season until his people/circle starts dropping stealth bombs on this regime’s head. A man can only take so much. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of it leaks out next season. He will do whatever he has to do to get out. He isn’t a kid anymore and wants to build a legacy. He can’t do that with McD. I just hope we get a major haul for him.

As a 49er I see him easily winning 2 rings. They will likely want to try a different model (franchise QB) after they blow it this season and next.

Edited by Governor
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Josh has 2 years of guaranteed money left. He can demand a trade and not leave the Bills with any dead cap after 2025. I hope he can stay healthy and make it until then because if the Bills are keeping McDermott he's not going to win one here.

1 hour ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Rivers was 5-7 postseason.  Allen is 5-5 and has a long way to go.  Scratch that one off

Rivers didn't get to play 7 seeds

Edited by uticaclub
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, uticaclub said:

Josh has 2 years of guaranteed money left. He can demand a trade and not leave the Bills with any dead cap after 2025. I hope he can stay healthy and make it until then because if the Bills are keeping McDermott he's not going to win one here.

Rivers didn't get to play 7 seeds

So take away the 2-7 games the Bills have a bye for 3 of the last 4 years.   That is hard to say exactly how that would have gone.  If you want to be a Nancy you could just assume you lose in the divisional round but that is not fair because the bye would be a big advantage.

1 hour ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

Won't win one under this regime. 

If they had a Belichick/Harbaugh, they win the SB within two years. 

Wouldn't be shocked if Bills fans are forced to see him win it with another team. 

Just last sunday...Mahomes missed two open receivers in the end zone...He also had the game in his hand in the 4th quarter against a decimate defense and he missed his receiver. They had to punt.

After the game, he is a God.

Allen and Mahomes are Elite QB.  Allen has to be perfect to give us a chance to win that kind of game against the best. We always talk about his mistakes because he has to be perfect!  Mahomes not.

And even if he is almost perferct, like scoring the winning TD with only 13 seconds left, we lose and...Mahomes is a God.

We need an Elite HC with our Elite QB if we want to win the last game of the year.

I dont know how it could not be clear.

Then, if we only want to be competitive, we will with an Elite QB, no matter the level of our coaching staff.

My big question for his future is will age impact his skillset more than the average QB? Running is a massive part of his game. Once he's no longer as effective running, it will come down to how well he transitions into more of a pocket passer.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, WNYFAN1 said:

My big question for his future is will age impact his skillset more than the average QB? Running is a massive part of his game. Once he's no longer as effective running, it will come down to how well he transitions into more of a pocket passer.

Similar to what Elway had to do. Having Terrell Davis running the way he did certainly helped Elway and the Broncos tremendously.

10 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

I was comfortably in this place after the 2020 season.  

Now, I’m getting anxious.  

In 2 years Josh will be 30.  How many more years at the peak of these current powers will he have?  3?  Maybe 5?  

The good news is by then 14 other elite AFC QBs will be into year 2 or 3 of their 300 million dollar contracts to so….even playing field?  

Josh is a freak of nature and I don’t see him breaking down until his late 30s. It’s up to the front office to surround him with a fresh set of talented receivers to go with Kincaid and Shakir. Our O-line will only get better and our defense has a quality DC. The way we closed out the season with the emergence of a legitimate running game should not be lost in the frustration of the Chiefs game that we could’ve won if we made a play or two.

At this point - despite what he of course says about loving Buffalo and the team - how could he not want out? Along with 13 seconds, he has now played multiple near perfect games in the playoffs just for others’ ineptitude to steal it away from him. 

When he’s not being media-polished Josh, you don’t think at home behind closed doors he’s saying “what the ***** else can I do to actually win with this team?” He’s human. He knows what we know. 

And lastly, he’s gotta be getting really sick of hearing he can’t beat Mahomes or win the big game after his defense absolutely let him down. 

Honestly, at this point, I wouldn’t blame him for wanting to go to a team with a real NFL caliber coaching staff and supporting team. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

8 hours ago, Governor said:

Tough to say. He won’t be here much longer. I give him 1 more season until his people/circle starts dropping stealth bombs on this regime’s head. A man can only take so much. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of it leaks out next season. He will do whatever he has to do to get out. He isn’t a kid anymore and wants to build a legacy. He can’t do that with McD. I just hope we get a major haul for him.

As a 49er I see him easily winning 2 rings. They will likely want to try a different model (franchise QB) after they blow it this season and next.

This is my fear to.  If the Bills don't prioritize the offense, particularly the WR room, then Allen will soldier on but he will start to look elsewhere.  My expectation, hope really, is that Bean & Pegula can't be so stupid as to not see this and they will adjust the priorities.  In this case I'm confident that Allen will spend his career in Buffalo ad bring home a couple of Lombardi trophy's.

BTW, I have no expectation that McD will see it.  I believe Dunne when he says the man is clueless of how elite QB's see the game.  If McD exerts substantial influence in the draft & FA and turns the Bills back towards the D then I would expect Allen to be gone no later (and probably sooner) then his 32nd birthday.

Edited by CincyBillsFan

In the eyes of the media, Lamar is already better than Josh. Mahomes obviously, and Burrow too since Josh also loses to him.

Josh will be looked at as just a guy who compiled numbers...nothing more, and nothing less.

The only way this changes is with rings and MVP's, and neither one seems attainable without this team taking the next step.

I've been drawing the parallels to the Marty/Norv Chargers regarding this team for a couple of years now.   

I don't foresee any significant changes in management and I doubt that they will ever put the weapons around him that he had in 2020 again............so that would portend similar play style and results for a few years........and by then he might not have the ability to bully his way to victory when all else fails.

So my guess would be that he ends up like a Philip Rivers.    But there is plenty of time to change that narrative.   

He is obviously a lot more like Elway as a player but he hasn't reached any SB's like Elway did and I don't see him playing as long and at the level of Elway because of all the running he does.    Elway rarely ran the ball.       

• Sad 1

I was thinking about that after the game too -- what will Josh's career look like when it is all said and done?

I think it will go one of three ways:

1. Like Dan Marino or Dan Fouts he will be remembered as one of the best QBs of his era -- but one who sadly came along at the wrong time when he played for a team that just could not get past other teams that were simply better.

2. Like Ken Stabler whose teams were always playing deep into the playoffs back in the 70s but thwarted by better teams (Dolphins, Steelers) -- but he finally won one.

3. Like Peyton Manning who could not get past the Patriots (and other teams) early in his career -- but finally broke through in route to multiple Super Bowls.

I think Josh is better than all of the QBs on my list above -- he just needs better receiver options (like they all had) to get over the hump.

I think he gets one by the end if one of three things happen:

1. He takes a big step up in his mental game and passing technique that turns open players into automatic plays like a Brady or Mahomes (least likely)

2. He gets an easy/flukey path to a championship where the top teams like KC/SF whoever else is strong in a  given year get upset before they get to us or suffer QB injuries. (most likely)

3. We build a monster team around him that asks him to only make a couple big plays instead of all the plays - similar to what Denver did with Both Elway and Manning (very possible, but not any time soon).

He's gotta stay healthy, and if he wants the best possible shot, he needs to play smarter than he does. I don't see the latter as being likely at all as he's a gunslinger at his core. I don't see him becoming a Peyton Manning film-rat or a Tom Brady football lifestyle guy. I think he's gonna try to win on his arms and legs on Sunday and as long as there are other elite teams in the league, it'll be a sad ending for us in the playoffs unless we can get really lucky.

I do think we get lucky at least once though, and if we are able to do something silly like draft multiple all-pros on rookie deals, maybe we get a couple.

Imagine Terry Pegula allowing McDermott to ruin Josh's career and legacy because he's content with the product he's put out there.

I can't support this franchise with tickets and merchandise anymore until they give Allen a coaching staff that isn't outmatched everytime they go up against a top team

22 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I don't foresee any significant changes in management and I doubt that they will ever put the weapons around him that he had in 2020 again............so that would portend similar play style and results for a few years........and by then he might not have the ability to bully his way to victory when all else fails.

Why do you think this? Is it because of the salary cap, McDermott refusing to stop his focus on defense, or both?

I voted PHILLIP RIVERS simply because that's what he has shown us to be on pace for SO FAR, and I honestly think it will be difficult to convince Idiot Pegula to move on from McDermott.

Until a better HC and overall philosophy is here, I do not believe we will win a SB.

By the time Pegula figures it out, the running/legs part of Josh's game will probably be gone.  There's probably only another 3 good years for that. He won't be the same player, and getting that SB victory will become even harder.

And remember, the day we find out McD is GONE...it is not some magical new team.  There will be a lag time before the "new" team emerges and is ready to compete for a title.  Probably 2 to 3 years.

Time is of the essence!  Pegula does NOT realize this.  

Pegula is too busy completely destroying the Sabres franchise to realize action is needed THIS OFF SEASON.

22 hours ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Record braking numbers, HOF induction, 10 straight AFCE Champ, 0 SB appearances.  Best QB to never make a SB.  Sounds funny, right?  That's his current trajectory with Coach Mcd.

Lots of Bills fans pretend that this type of trajectory is somehow impossible!  Look around the league over the years.  There have been a lot of great QBs who never got it done.  Marino immediately comes to mind.

When Dan was where Josh is now, Marino's "KC, Reid, and Mahomes" CEILING was called "The Buffalo Bills."

They just couldn't get past us when it mattered in our SB years.

I feel it's the same now with Josh and KC OR the current iteration of the BENGALS.

Don't forget about them!  They magically were removed from the NFL, effectively, this year...and we still didn't capitalize!

Next year it will be back to business as usual and we do NOT match up well against that team AT ALL.

Just now, Nextmanup said:

I voted PHILLIP RIVERS simply because that's what he has shown us to be on pace for SO FAR, and I honestly think it will be difficult to convince Idiot Pegula to move on from McDermott.

Until a better HC and overall philosophy is here, I do not believe we will win a SB.

By the time Pegula figures it out, the running/legs part of Josh's game will probably be gone.  There's probably only another 3 good years for that. He won't be the same player, and getting that SB victory will become even harder.

And remember, the day we find out McD is GONE...it is not some magical new team.  There will be a lag time before the "new" team emerges and is ready to compete for a title.  Probably 2 to 3 years.

Time is of the essence!  Pegula does NOT realize this.  

Pegula is too busy completely destroying the Sabres franchise to realize action is needed THIS OFF SEASON.

I think all Pegs wants is butts in seats, similar to the Sudbury Blueberry Bulldogs.

2 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Why do you think this? Is it because of the salary cap, McDermott refusing to stop his focus on defense, or both?

I just don't think they buy into Allen NEEDING more weapons.   I think they see that as an "in an ideal situation we'd have more weapons".   But they haven't prioritized it since 2020 with the Diggs trade.  And with the cap tightening it will get harder to stock that cupboard.    Pass rush has been priority #1.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

4 in a row SBs , but this time we win them. Allen will eventually break Brady's record of super bowl appearances all in a Bills uniform

suck on it!

Allen is what 28 now. He hasn't won one yet. Chances of him catching Brady are zero. I just want one. I want them to win more but I will settle for one.

On 1/24/2024 at 12:03 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

I've been drawing the parallels to the Marty/Norv Chargers regarding this team for a couple of years now.   

So my guess would be that he ends up like a Philip Rivers.    But there is plenty of time to change that narrative.   

He is obviously a lot more like Elway as a player but he hasn't reached any SB's like Elway did and I don't see him playing as long and at the level of Elway because of all the running he does.    Elway rarely ran the ball.       

This is exactly what will happen with this regime if we allow them to waste the 2nd half of Allen's career

8 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Allen is what 28 now. He hasn't won one yet. Chances of him catching Brady are zero. I just want one. I want them to win more but I will settle for one.

Come on man... just combatting the over zealous "life sucks" crowd with over the top "blind optomism". 

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 1

The comparison between Elway and Allen is not valid because Elway had already made it to three Super Bowls at this point in his career, while Allen has not made it to any yet. However, if our team was losing Super Bowls instead of losing divisional games at home, the narrative would be different.

Edited by uticaclub

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.